Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

If the chorus of this song ends up being stale and lifeless :flop:

I think it will be like Venice Bitch's chorus. The snippet alludes to that

a. lana literally recreated an assassination of a us president and that's not on the same likes of a suicide? it's still death wtfdym

b. 'national anthem' doesnt even allude to jfk as far as it's concerned so does that make the mv concept better or worse for y'all? and my point on this isn't that because sylvia's name is mentioned in the new single that it makes a reimagining of her death okay, my point is that 'national anthem' is about getting attention from a guy a la exploiting jfk/marilyn monroe controversy which is depicted on top of the jfk assassination like i don't think lana was trying to portray jackie so much so as she was being marilyn if marilyn won the election so to speak and isn't that a little worse?

c. lana doesn't have to film herself sitting in an enclosed kitchen with the gas fumes filling the air for the dramatic effect she can literally have a quick shot of her opening an oven and people will just presume the basis of what she meant and since we don't know the song at ALL YET, we only hear sylvia mentioned once in correlation to a verse about being sad (not necessarily depressed) so is that not exploitive in of itself?

d. comparing mv to movies is stupid whoever did that like how is one better than the other? the movie could be about sylvia and could still be explotative or not done in a caring way so shut up..?

e. whoever keeps wanting pink fucking vinyl on norman fucking rockwell's vinyl release can u stop. on what altitude doth thou inhabit for a dumbass thought like that?

f. @@electra you're a king for bringing up the reference because electra heart deserved more attention for the story she was creating and not just the bangers plus pointing out (not sure if intentional) that when a person shoving their head towards an oven doesn't have an identity then we don't care but if they do then we care like okay wholesome do-gooders 

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

f. @@electra you're a king for bringing up the reference because electra heart deserved more attention for the story she was creating and not just the bangers plus pointing out (not sure if intentional) that when a person shoving their head towards an oven doesn't have an identity then we don't care but if they do then we care like okay wholesome do-gooders

I wish lana would do something like a series. Did chuck not mention there was a MAC "series" back when the music video was released? even if it doesn't have a plot, strong individual video aesthetics thrown together to tracks from NFR in a similar style to how EH did it would be awesome.

I think a lot of people here are missing that plath was more than her suicide. if there's a video for this song, it'll most likely reference her aesthetics and work - similar to how the title also represents an author. it'll be her projecting herself and her work onto these figures, and not necessarily imitating their life stories.

what i really care about is that HIADSIOJRWIEOWSFSKLDJSLSKLJ has some kick in it and for it to not be a boring piano ballad like change

yes please.

what i really care about is that HIADSIOJRWIEOWSFSKLDJSLSKLJ has some kick in it and for it to not be a boring piano ballad like change

yes please.

Wow some of his posts are really crazy and I'm not meaning "cool" crazy. His posts about Lana are actually scary tbh. Lana's manager follows him which is kinda weird. He's stalker crazy !!

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

I wish lana would do something like a series. Did chuck not mention there was a MAC "series" back when the music video was released? even if it doesn't have a plot, strong individual video aesthetics thrown together to tracks from NFR in a similar style to how EH did it would be awesome.

I think a lot of people here are missing that plath was more than her suicide. if there's a video for this song, it'll most likely reference her aesthetics and work - similar to how the title also represents an author. it'll be her projecting herself and her work onto these figures, and not necessarily imitating their life stories.

yeah i'm pretty sure she did but then she removed that post, right? wow it's like her and lana are related in some way

but i was a little confused on what she meant, too because she could have meant the vb and mac videos themselves or the whole album

and yeah i feel like it'd be more cringe if lana depicted sylvia's life rather than just the event of her suicide because then it's like exploiting sylvia whereas the oven gas trick isn't only attached to sylvia she just happened to be known for her work and that's how she died, it's like how you can't remove sharon tate from charles manson because it unfortunately just happened that way. maybe she's even just slyly referencing her own poetry book? i mean, it's almost obvious?

I wish I was excited for this song, but I'm not. The snippet sounds boring af. 

The other songs sound great, but are these songs singles? Or promotional singles? I'm just surprised we didn't get that typical bigger song as the lead single (like a West Coast or HBTB or even Love). 

Anyway, I'll listen, but *sigh* was hoping for Cinnamon (and hoping for so much more because she was working with Jack).

Wow some of his posts are really crazy and I'm not meaning "cool" crazy. His posts about Lana are actually scary tbh. Lana's manager follows him which is kinda weird. He's stalker crazy !!

Yeah this guy is far gone. Ben is probably keeping an eye on him

yeah i'm pretty sure she did but then she removed that post, right? wow it's like her and lana are related in some way

but i was a little confused on what she meant, too because she could have meant the vb and mac videos themselves or the whole album

and yeah i feel like it'd be more cringe if lana depicted sylvia's life rather than just the event of her suicide because then it's like exploiting sylvia whereas the oven gas trick isn't only attached to sylvia she just happened to be known for her work and that's how she died, it's like how you can't remove sharon tate from charles manson because it unfortunately just happened that way. maybe she's even just slyly referencing her own poetry book? i mean, it's almost obvious?

to take inspiration from her works and life isn't necessarily cringey or bad, but it's definitely more exploitative to take an aspect like her suicide - which she is very known for - and make "art" from it - full well knowing what her fan base is like.

y'all are depressed gays that idolize and romanticize that shit - and if it's not you it's the fifteen year old's or the this or that. there will always be people that thing that's so ~ aesthetic ~. while the oven thing isn't exclusive to plath it's one of the more famous aspects of her life. i'm not the kind of person that's like "lana del rey romanticizes drugs and shit and this and that!!!!!1111" but like replicating someones actual suicide ... son.

also who the fuck can actually image lana with her head in an oven for a music video. cringe, y'all would gif that shit and be like ~ m o o d ~

to take inspiration from her works and life isn't necessarily cringey or bad, but it's definitely more exploitative to take an aspect like her suicide - which she is very known for - and make "art" from it - full well knowing what her fan base is like.

y'all are depressed gays that idolize and romanticize that shit - and if it's not you it's the fifteen year old's or the this or that. there will always be people that thing that's so ~ aesthetic ~. while the oven thing isn't exclusive to plath it's one of the more famous aspects of her life. i'm not the kind of person that's like "lana del rey romanticizes drugs and shit and this and that!!!!!1111" but like replicating someones actual suicide ... son.

also who the fuck can actually image lana with her head in an oven for a music video. cringe, y'all would gif that shit and be like ~ m o o d ~

go off yes 

slay the gay away