Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

tumblr_plg1qdw4zu1uaruaoo4_500.jpg

she's cancelled

Honestly this is difficult, like being raised religious, but idk also, being gay, and trying to find that kind of balance can be a fucking hell. and it's really hard to see both sides, but not them come together. It gets me sad just thinking about it. 

Off topic, was the Troye Sivan movie any good? I remember watching that movie w Sigourney Weaver and that was a tearjerker. 

UV/Honeymoon

well child abuse and lgbt hate is a very catholic thing as well, so it doesnt really make a difference if miss del rey is attending either of those 2 churches :rip:

I think it makes a huge difference tbh. Beforehand, I just assumed Lana was a catholic who made her own rules, but still believed in God while still being accepting of the LGBT community. But actully going to a church which has a dark past....that's fucked up.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think it makes a huge difference tbh. Beforehand, I just assumed Lana was a catholic who made her own rules, but still believed in God while still being accepting of the LGBT community. But actully going to a church which has a dark past....that's fucked up.

huh catholicism has one of the darkest pasts of all religions tho

image.png

LMAO In my opinion all of you are having such an explosive reaction to this. Hillsong Church is a christian church and they follow the Bible rules. the Bible literally calls homosexuality an abomination. What did you expect? Every time an artist gets too serious with *Christian* religion you may know that that's a part of the beliefs. Many many celebrities, in the other hand, believe in God but don't go to church at all. Going to church once won't make you a strict believer and a christian follower. She just went once and probably didn't even care about the service. Hillsong Church is known for their """revolutionary""" worship style. That's why they're famous. Celebrities go there because it's an easy way to feel like they're close to God. I don't know, that's just how it makes sense in my mind.

huh catholicism has one of the darkest pasts of all religions

well I'm just assuming Lana cherry picked parts of Catholicism which she chose to believe in, and not the entirety of the religion.

I mean she’s literally never said a word about the LGBT community other than her being surprised that straight men listen to her music

She literally played a concert last month to get funds for LGBTT shelters wtf

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

well I'm just assuming Lana cherry picked parts of Catholicism which she chose to believe in, and not the entirety of the religion.

what makes you assume she didnt do the same with that weird church?

knowing lana she prolly likes the hipstery atmosphere and the music thats all 

she dont hate the fags, she just played at a lgbtq fundraiser event last month

image.png

the fucking hypocrisy of Lana when the church's founder is a massive Trump supporter

In September of 2015, along with 21 Christian preachers and one rabbi, Franklin attended Trump Tower, put his hands on Trump and prayed for his candidacy. He posted a photo of him and Trump to his social media, along with a caption imploring followers: "Let's pray for him."

By June of 2016 he was appointed to Trump's all-Christian faith advisory board and told local press that the soon-to-be-President had rededicated his life to Christ when he was 60 (the pussy-grabbing brag happened when Trump was 59). Franklin said that though he wouldn't turn down a similar invite from Hillary Clinton, he was drawn to Trump thanks to his promise of "pro-life judges, pro-religious liberty judges.

did all that meth she smoked in 2009 finally get to her?

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

If Lana wanted to go somewhere with hipstery atmosphere and music, then she could have skipped to Yosemite park with a boombox and incence sticks, not a bloody church with a history of gay conversion therapy and child sexual abuse.

She literally played a concert last month to get funds for LGBTT shelters wtf

Yes for jack Antonoff but other than that one tweet on one of her old accounts she’s literally never talked about it, I don’t think she’s homophobic but it’s just an observation