Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I am personally offended by Ben’s responses to us

Me too! The Lanaboards community is a home for all the hardcore Lana stans. We discuss about her every photoshoot, show, interview, we do our research, we wait for her albums & promote her stuff. He treats us like shit.

I swear to God if he shuts down Lanaboards one day, I will make 10 accounts & spam the fuck out of Lana & Ben.

But if Ben talked about Lanaboards, that means he checked at least a few times no??? So he might be aware we're starting to lose patience.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

This is very sad but the way you simply said he died had me cackling. I know I’m going to hell I just know it

Lol it's fine I have a weird sense of humor too :whatever: It's been years, and I never even met him. Many people loved him & miss him to this day, he was a good man and a great friend. I only got to "know" him through his friends' memories of him. Aaand half of them are dead too now. I hate how this keeps happening, like there's a pattern here I'm not a fan of.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I think honestly it’s not being released beacuse of her managers. We all know the LFL situation, but I think she’s in a much better place mentally than she was at that time. I think her managers are being difficult assholes and trying to make her change stuff and she’s finally sticking up for herself and saying “my way or the highway” kind of like Ms Pelosi did w Tr*mp. Lana strikes me as the type of person who’s very stubborn

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Can't believe were getting another summer release. :crossed:

Honestly! I’m a senior in high school and I wanted to cry to In You Car on the last day and drive home listening to the album. I’m just hoping that the album is out before I move away in august so I can cry to it on the drive LOL.

giphy.gif

Wow lol, this is a true shit show!

Oh well at least it was entertaining and not completely dead for once. Glad to finally have a definitive answer as far as there not being a date. I’ve been thinking there wasn’t one honestly. Not expecting it anytime soon! Just praying it’s not due to revisions and and a whole second guessing herself situation!

I’ve seen it speculated and I’m beginning to wonder myself whether or not this has something to do with the use of Norman Rockwell’s name or estate. I’m not going to pretend to know how all that works but could there be a hold up due to whoever is over that not wanting his name used for the album title or song especially with the expletive. Lana has always seemed like the type to jump in and ask questions later so my mind wonders if she was supposed to get some sort of approval from them before going live with all of this and didn’t.

Who fucking knows though. Maybe she’s just holding out for her book or maybe she’s redoing the whole damn thing. I guess we will find out by December lol!

The more I think about it the more I think it’s probably due to trying to get publishing, distribution, or production for book to coincide with album release. She was originally saying she would just drop off copies locally but now Ben says it will be internationally available. So they are probably trying to work out a release for them simultaneously to milk us for every penny they can.

I started university in September, and I'll be done with the last exams by the end of April. Can't believe I'm probably gonna have had a full university year before the album is out

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Really if it's all Ben's fault for not liking the Robin Hood photo for the album, then I'm kinda happy since he might've not liked it, I dig the industrial vibes, but it felt more like a vhs back cover for a movie I would've watched on KCET. Did he not like Chuck's series or? Maybe bc it looked flat not gonna get into it again, still wouldn't give him a blowie tho 3QXOnp5.gif?1

I have absolutely no idea how to post a gif on lanaboards so nevermind  :flop:

*insert link* have fun b 3QXOnp5.gif?1

UV/Honeymoon

I usually don't care for the lana dreams posts in this thread but I dreamt she told me cinnamon and iyc were definitely on the album so I feel At Peace now lol

thats funny because while i was starting to really dose off last night i started seeing visuals... one was lana literally fucking growing from black tar and butterflies all around her it was honestly beautiful

I think honestly it’s not being released beacuse of her managers. We all know the LFL situation, but I think she’s in a much better place mentally than she was at that time. I think her managers are being difficult assholes and trying to make her change stuff and she’s finally sticking up for herself and saying “my way or the highway” kind of like Ms Pelosi did w Tr*mp. Lana strikes me as the type of person who’s very stubborn

i almost feel like when she shot the new cover (im assuming in jan) after she said the album was done, she liked it so much better since she said she "wanted to do it for a while now", and because of that she felt like the new one didn't really "match" the album she already had done w/ the old cover therefore reworking stuff to kind of fit this new vibe she liked better.  

I need her :defeated: like can you IMAGINE what the chorus will sound like? What she's singing here is clearly a verse in the beginning. Ugh.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm quite annoyed and hurt that Ben and Lana act as if we are some vultures. They teased and told lies then wonder why the entire fanbase is hostile and has a hundred questions. They need to remember who pays their bills, the only reason Lana was allowed this level of success is us. I hope I don't sound snobbish, but this ordeal has everyone so frustrated. Lana acts like it's going to kill her to even be somewhat transparent, literally all she would've had to do these past couple months is hop on an insta livestream and tell us "Hey guys I wanna work on the record some more, so its not going to be out until later this year." It is THAT simple. They HAD to have known Billboard and multiple other publications put out MARCH 29th, and just didn't care to say otherwise. And as for leaked demos/unreleased I'm sorry but they are just going to have to GET OVER IT already, every single artist has loads of material outside their albums that find their way onto the web, it's the digital age. I don't mean to come across as crass, but damn they are trying to bite the hand that feeds, I already see a huge plummet in sales between LFL and NFR.

I include Lana in this because she knows exactly what she is doing, her and Ben are close. She has seen what happened yesterday