Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The music wasn't even that weak, stans are just dramatic, LFL is a good album and will probably be better than NFR

Want a cookie? This era has been messy, unprofessional and dishonest no matter how you look at it. 

NFR has Venice Bitch so no

Love, LFL single, Heroin, Cherry, 13 Beaches >>>> Venice Bitch

out of those 5, only Heroin is even in the same ballpark as Venice Bitch

Venice Bitch is boring and the lyrics are shit. 10 minutes of Lana whispering with an anticlimactic guitar in the background

yqmXlK9o_o.gif

Fans hype it to be some amazing spacey "pSyChEdelic" journey when it's literally as dull and regressive as her May Jailer material

It has a very watered down production and some lyricism that doesn't even make any sense. Cinnamon at least has interesting production. 

I really don't think she is scraping NFR all over. My guess is that she is adding more songs, hopefully a couple of ones that feel more «summery» since we are probably heading in that direction? 
I am not mad about the «we don't have a date yet» (i'm pretty glad to know I don't have to constantly watch for something to drop). As I said, it's a weird strategy, to release tracks from a record 6 months+ before its release, but overall, a 2-year period between albums is pretty standard. 
I'm pretty sure the songs will be good; I have the easy job to sit on my ass and wait for them lol. 

It has a very watered down production and some lyricism that doesn't even make any sense. Cinnamon at least has interesting production. 

It relies on its duration to be "interesting"

Nothing vocally impressive or interesting about Lana whispering for 5 minutes straight then being subjected to a boring outro 

Music from this era has been such a snoozefest in general. She needs to learn that her vagabond Leonard Cohen wannabe lyricism & monotone piano chords ain't it

There's a reason the hype for these new songs disappear so fast with little replay value. Fans are bored of her newfound "simplicity"

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I really don't think she is scraping NFR all over. My guess is that she is adding more songs, hopefully a couple of ones that feel more «summery» since we are probably heading in that direction? 

I am not mad about the «we don't have a date yet» (i'm pretty glad to know I don't have to constantly watch for something to drop). As I said, it's a weird strategy, to release tracks from a record 6 months+ before its release, but overall, a 2-year period between albums is pretty standard. 

I'm pretty sure the songs will be good; I have the easy job to sit on my ass and wait for them lol. 

No one is upset about the wait, the wait would be fine if they were honest about what has happening and didn't allow multiple publications to release false dates.

It relies on its duration to be "interesting"

Nothing vocally impressive or interesting about Lana whispering for 5 minutes straight then being subjected to a boring outro 

Music from this era has been such a snoozefest in general. She needs to learn that her vagabond Leonard Cohen wannabe lyricism & monotone piano chords ain't it

There's a reason the hype for these new songs disappears so fast with little replay value. Fans are bored of her newfound "simplicity"

Someone agrees! The most interesting songs so far have been snippets  :toofunny:  There's not much to MAC, VB, and Hope besides being throwaway singles with minimal production effort, I hope she runs back to Rick asap.

As much as I'm here for all this LFL support if y'all start talking shit about the only exceptional thing about this era (aka Venice Bitch) I'm gonna snap

tumblr_inline_p5ju5xsEVc1sxckwd_500.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

The music wasn't even that weak, stans are just dramatic, LFL is a good album and will probably be better than NFR

Want a cookie? This era has been messy, unprofessional and dishonest no matter how you look at it.

I've always hated it, subjectively to me the production is dire and full of filler songs with trite lyricism and monotone vocal performances-especially when it tried to play up to a classic lana style it just verged on parody.

Also 13 beaches synth production in the chorus ruined the song