Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I live in fear that the label is making her add more GP-friendly songs to the album. I want my UV part 2.

I don’t think it’s like that this time around (but who knows). If it’s the case, maybe she’ll do a « High by the Beach », which was the only « radio-ish single » of HM. I don’t know why, but I think that if she adds more songs, it’s probably one that is more « summery » since we are likely getting a summer release.

Since someone mentioned Cherry. Is it just me or the official version sounds bland and empty without "What can you do, darling?" and "And you know what?" parts? Probably it's just me because I'm listening to the other version more than the official one.

what's the other version?

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

they need to realize by now that her best music isn't GP-friendly. I don't think that people who want to listen to normal pop music choose Lana Del Rey. Make the fans happy please, not random people listening on the radio

Agreed, but she has told fans twice now that the album was done just to go back to working on it both times. Either she’s redoing it because of self-doubt or the label got involved.

they need to realize by now that her best music isn't GP-friendly. I don't think that people who want to listen to normal pop music choose Lana Del Rey. Make the fans happy please, not random people listening on the radio

Maybe they think LFL is good since it got at least a #1 spot on Billboard (not sure how it was in other countries, but wasn’t it like #1 on several iTunes top lists?), good reviews from critics and ended up in several best-albums-of-2017 lists?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

flipside is a masterpiece how dare you you beast

anyways my top 5 (unreleased included bc they HAVE to be)

yes to heaven v2

angels forever

shades of cool

music to watch boys to

flipside

periodt

I am confusion.. do people prefer any other version than version 3 wtf :O

As an avid gardener, I’m pleased with the herb garden post and I hope she actually takes it up and does it.

As a depressed lunatic who stans this bitch, I’m pretty annoyed by these new posts, disappointed but not surprised by lack of news

LIZARD PEOPLE

Imagine all the beautiful songs being reworked right now. I'm actually terrified...

Cinnamon's hot beat? Cancelled

How to Disappear's lyrics? Gutted

In Your Car's calm heavenly sound? Scrapped

And where will all these final versions that turned into demos reside? Inside Jack's computer because he's too young not have amazing security against leaks.

tumblr_pi8xrp64a81w5mjpoo1_400.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

what's the other version?

There's a fan made version on YouTube with live "parts" which are filtered and don't sound like it's live. I love that version much more than the official one.

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/TDr1XQLP56U

Sorry for messy link, I'm on my phone. 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I don’t think it’s like that this time around (but who knows). If it’s the case, maybe she’ll do a « High by the Beach », which was the only « radio-ish single » of HM. I don’t know why, but I think that if she adds more songs, it’s probably one that is more « summery » since we are likely getting a summer release.

man i hate this. a summer release for an era that started at the end of the previous summer. 

dear lord.

giphy.gif

Maybe they think LFL is good since it got at least a #1 spot on Billboard (not sure how it was in other countries, but wasn’t it like #1 on several iTunes top lists?), good reviews from critics and ended up in several best-albums-of-2017 lists?

I really think her label lets her do whatever she wants. Ultraviolence went from having semi upbeat songs (Angels Forever) to being much more stripped down (Pretty when you cry, money power glory). Honeymoon was basically a "vanity project" with little to no promotion or radio ready singles. If anyone fucks up NFR I think we will only have Lana to blame sadly but fingers crossed that wont happen

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

There's a fan made version on YouTube with live "parts" which are filtered and don't sound like it's live. I love that version much more than the official one.

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/TDr1XQLP56U

Sorry for messy link, I'm on my phone.

Heres my version of it from a while back :creep:

https://picosong.com/wY6b9/

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I'm seeing it's a trend that no one autotunes Lana's live nervous shaky vocals before putting them on a song :creep:

It'd make it 100 times better

Just not when I do it cause I turn the dial to 100% cause I love robot del rey :creep:

But still, the talent y'all have is yum

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I'm seeing it's a trend that no one autotunes Lana's live nervous shaky vocals before putting them on a song :creep:

It'd make it 100 times better

Just not when I do it cause I turn the dial to 100% cause I love robot del rey :creep:

But still, the talent y'all have is yum

Will you post the HtD studio mix you did with semi-autotune?

Will you post the HtD studio mix you did with semi-autotune?

Random but I just wanna say your profile picture of Lana is so iconic. I know it's fantaken but her pose and the way the light is illuminating her body through the dress is perfect. I'm always in awe every time I see it.

Random but I just wanna say your profile picture of Lana is so iconic. I know it's fantaken but her pose and the way the light is illuminating her body through the dress is perfect. I'm always in awe every time I see it.

Awe, thanks. I love the pic as well! Whoever took it really captured the mood of “Lana Del Rey,” haha