Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Hey guys,

They’re spacing out Billie’a album & NFR...

As if it wasn’t obvious enough...

Y’all knew that, right?

Expect some news around Easter

People that want Lana to do a pop album are putrid.

I disagree. A lot of Born to Die and Paradise is baroque pop/alt-pop as Peroxide said. Her 2009-2011 unreleased stuff also proves she is or at least was at one point perfectly capable of writing good pop music. Dynamite, Live or Die, Queen of Disaster, Break My Fall, Stoplight De-lite, Prom Song, Afraid, Because of You... I could go on. Lana is more than capable of writing and delivering great pop music. I’d love to hear more stuff in that vein though admittedly it would be different from the sounds she’s established for herself

Also: Reported. Thank you.

Also since Lana has remained completely silent about anything album related today I’m officially team #LeakNFR

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Her Insta posts and stories... she's seriously like that friend who you've had a fight w and they moved on and think they're doing so much better than you and passive aggressively flaunt it over social media except idk wtf we did to her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Her Insta posts and stories... she's seriously like that friend who you've had a fight w and they moved on and think they're doing so much better than you and passive aggressively flaunt it over social media except idk wtf we did to her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tea....

I disagree. A lot of Born to Die and Paradise is baroque pop/alt-pop as Peroxide said. Her 2009-2011 unreleased stuff also proves she is or at least was at one point perfectly capable of writing good pop music. Dynamite, Live or Die, Queen of Disaster, Break My Fall, Stoplight De-lite, Prom Song, Afraid, Because of You... I could go on. Lana is more than capable of writing and delivering great pop music. I’d love to hear more stuff in that vein though admittedly it would be different from the sounds she’s established for herself

Also: Reported. Thank you.

Also since Lana has remained completely silent about anything album related today I’m officially team #LeakNFR

I second this! Nearly all of the songs you mentioned are songs I would consider to be in my top 20 (approx) Lana songs

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I second this! Nearly all of the songs you mentioned are songs I would consider to be in my top 20 (approx) Lana songs

I couldn’t even begin to rank her songs but I’m quite fond of a lot of them. I also forgot to mention Take Me to Paris and Serial Kiler, which seems to be pretty popular

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

anybody wanting her to go independent will be suffering if they don't like her piano driven songs since paying for production out of pocket costs a fuckton and she can't fuck a producer anymore so that's all y'all would be getting

Never thought I would say this but she acts like a real bi*ch. Like I was expecting, she disabled the comments on her Instagram, on the 3 pics, and she also posted stories, but nothing on the album. No explanation. I find it pretty disrespectful. Literally nobody cares about her boobs.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Never thought I would say this but she acts like a real bi*ch. Like I was expecting, she disabled the comments on her Instagram, on the 3 pics, and she also posted stories, but nothing on the album. No explanation. I find it pretty disrespectful. Literally nobody cares about her boobs.

I hate to agree but I do lol and people will say blah blah she doesn't owe us anything but then like she should get a different job it's her literal job. I can't walk around at work doing fuck all saying I don't owe anyone anything lmao tease that I'm gonna do some work all day then sit down ignoring my work completely lol

At this point NFR deserves to leak. The spark had burned out and if it were any other album I wouldn't make excuses neither for her nor her publishing drama. But I feel like it's her best yet so it's so heartbreaking for me to feel this way. It's just very sad 

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I mean micromanaging is fucking annoying, even if it's expressed thru a forum, that and we constantly bitch at her current lifestyle n friends, even if it does ring true, but I'm kinda just disappointed at how this'd kinda phase her, like what'd she expect? Sure we don't know everything but if you've something to dissipate with the people that DO support ur endeavors, at least have the integrity to address ur own misgivings miss delrey, no entitlement, but wow the lack of principality

Couldn't be worse

That or she won't release the record. :/

UV/Honeymoon

To fucking dissect all that we can about the situation, is she pointing this towards the interscope execs? What's the intel on that? Was it that her record was pushed so Ellish could debut instead? What does she expect? She's fresher, starting off at a much earlier age, with a lot more potential to draw a demographic and fanbase that'll only ferment longer as her career lengthens. If that were the case, I can understand the distrust and pain from that, but come on, how she might be handling it is so unbecoming. Still doesn't pardon the fact that she'd have to act in this sort of manner - 

Is she doing this for personal reasons? Why the trolling? It's incredibly disheartening when someone who so much has the capacity to do better doesn't. Sure there's fun, but really, it IS disrespectful how she's handling the matter. Only thing worse is that someone else is keeping her from saying anything, which would be terrible, but lmao why fucking manifest this kind of monstrous behavior, wasn't the least bit interesting

I get the perspective of how the transaction goes, where the boundaries are, but just again, the sheer principalities of it. I'd love to hear more music, and I probably will if she chooses to release it, mainly for the sake of finishing what I personally start, but how everything's been handled, and the way she chooses to be apathetic destroys some of my perception of her. As if it'd matter sure, but that means a lot more to people than she'd know. Again, not fucking bargaining, I get the pressure, nd how we're not entitled to much of anything, but my god. People look up to you, and at the end of the day, you not only let them down, you did so gleefully. 

and for what? For a limp attempt at trying to prove that ur something past yourself? Own up to the shit you're going thru ur own way, thru whatever medium, but don't expect those you've mocked to understand u as fully, bc u've marred that chance, petrifyingly aimlessly.

It's not the slightest complex, it's supposed to be an act of decency.

Someone back me up here. 

UV/Honeymoon

So did she literally tell her idiot friends "okay act like you are laughing about nothing for 20 seconds ok?" nothing was happening in the little videos she posted and they just looked stupid

To fucking dissect all that we can about the situation, is she pointing this towards the interscope execs? What's the intel on that? Was it that her record was pushed so Ellish could debut instead? What does she expect? She's fresher, starting off at a much earlier age, with a lot more potential to draw a demographic and fanbase that'll only ferment longer as her career lengthens. If that were the case, I can understand the distrust and pain from that, but come on, how she might be handling it is so unbecoming. Still doesn't pardon the fact that she'd have to act in this sort of manner - 

Is she doing this for personal reasons? Why the trolling? It's incredibly disheartening when someone who so much has the capacity to do better doesn't. Sure there's fun, but really, it IS disrespectful how she's handling the matter. Only thing worse is that someone else is keeping her from saying anything, which would be terrible, but lmao why fucking manifest this kind of monstrous behavior, wasn't the least bit interesting

I get the perspective of how the transaction goes, where the boundaries are, but just again, the sheer principalities of it. I'd love to hear more music, and I probably will if she chooses to release it, mainly for the sake of finishing what I personally start, but how everything's been handled, and the way she chooses to be apathetic destroys some of my perception of her. As if it'd matter sure, but that means a lot more to people than she'd know. Again, not fucking bargaining, I get the pressure, nd how we're not entitled to much of anything, but my god. People look up to you, and at the end of the day, you not only let them down, you did so gleefully. 

and for what? For a limp attempt at trying to prove that ur something past yourself? Own up to the shit you're going thru ur own way, thru whatever medium, but don't expect those you've mocked to understand u as fully, bc u've marred that chance, petrifyingly aimlessly.

It's not the slightest complex, it's supposed to be an act of decency.

Someone back me up here. 

Get in contact with the record company and ask why the delay. I'm sure if Lana could she would release the album weeks ago but it's not up to her.

Like I said from the beginning, this all reminds me of what happened with UV.