Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

ok i LOVE slow, sad, depressing, moody, melancholy piano ballad shit with all of my heart

but i hate the new snippet  :biblio:  :bye2:

it's just the way i feel

Lana’s definition of reworking songs terrifies me

jerry.jpg

UV tho

i just really need the tourlyfe part GONE :crying5:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

.........................................................................Fine China is one of her best lyrical pieces of all time..........................

"Gold silver" where is the logic? They are literally two completely different elements

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

the way she’s singing is so heartbreaking and authentic i’m actually thinking like .. some of you really just dont GET it do you and thats ok there are many mindless pop products for you to enjoy

Oh we get it, we're just tired of it. We don't have to like everything she releases.

This don't sound like Red Hot Chili Peppers, surf or Seargent Peppers I want my money back

At this point, I only expect 4 songs total with beats / surf influences. Including VB and Cinnamon. 

This is what I was thinking, too. I got excited with MAC and VB, where are the guitarssss I need themmmm. These ballads are such a snoozefest maybe that's why her label won't release the damn record.

I don't expect much with guitars / synths for this record. Like 4 songs max. Including VB and Cinnamon. 

She did say it was introspective shit, old L.A. and that the production was in the vein of Change. 

But I can’t let you in

giphy.gif

And I can’t keep you out

giphy.gif

I wait for life to end

giphy.gif

But it never comes around

P0Cr.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

So if she’s done with this album, is she already working on the next one or..? She usually goes back to writing songs so quickly. :popcorn:

plot twist when she was in studio with jack after december she was producing tracks for the next album and this snippet is from that and not NFR 

hope has always sounded/felt really draining to me so i don't listen to it very much and like i don't mind piano but what she's been doing sounds so lethargic like .... how do mac and vb fit into all of this :defeated: maybe she's starting off the record in this depressed state and then it propels forward w hope (NOT the song), recovery, personal strength, determination nd self-assuredness like ending w mac, so vb could be in the middle somewhere or towards the end where she's being nostalgic but not lamenting so it's moving on? like her just being thankful she has those memories to go back to in the first place but not being mad at the person anymore because she's over it and somewhat distanced now so she has perspective or closure or something. idk i'm just rambling but i'll need some sense of resolution otherwise idk how often i could listen to this record in full :/

UbsOye5.png

i actually grew to really enjoy how stripped down hope was...HOWEVER. hope filled my ‘stripped down piano’ quota, and if we get another song like that on NFR i doubt i’ll enjoy it. one and done sis.

When she said this record would very calm with no bangers, I thought we would be getting a record in the vein of MAC/How to Disappear/IYC snippets, not piano ballads.....

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

^i get the sense you aren’t going to like NFR then. Lol.

I expect it to be primarily stuff like hope and in your car and the new snippet and happiness is a butterfly. I’m stoked because I think it’s stuff like this where her true voice shines. BtD is great but she can’t actually sing well in that lower register most of time live so I’m fine with her ditching it. Of course she doesn’t need to give up beats and synths and all that to sing in a different register but piano is the best instrument so I’m not mad she’s using it.