Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Born to Die invented the word aesthetic. Billie hasn't really been outrageous, groundbreaking or interesting in the slightest. She's just... kinda cute and edgy. Nothing more.

BTD remains unbothered

Plus someone who breaks the rulse and starts a new trend like Lana did is usually seen as a UFO in the musical landscape. Billie was largely acclaimed last week. She does have a solid debut, but it ain't trendsetting. 

anyway i hung out with lana in a dream last night and she flipped out her ipod and played me the album except she renamed it to 'bumble' with ugly artwork and the song she played was called 'lola aloha' and i was really hyped that she was letting me know this shit in the dream, so hype that i was trying to type into lanaboards as it was happening, but now i'm like that better not happen cause it's ugly sis

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

anyway i hung out with lana in a dream last night and she flipped out her ipod and played me the album except she renamed it to 'bumble' with ugly artwork and the song she played was called 'lola aloha' and i was really hyped that she was letting me know this shit in the dream, so hype that i was trying to type into lanaboards as it was happening, but now i'm like that better not happen cause it's ugly sis

Lola Aloha is giving me Wayamaya vibes, I hope the song in your dream was a premonition! :hair:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

In the United Kingdom, Born to Die sold 50,000 copies on its first day of release.[87] It debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart and sold 116,745 copies. By accumulating digital sales of 50,007, the album became the fifth album ever to sell upwards of 50,000 downloads in a single week.[88] Additionally, it was the fastest selling album of 2012, becoming the first album to reach 100,000 copies sold in that year.[89] Born to Die remained atop the chart in its second week, selling an additional 60,000 copies.[90] As of November 2013, the album had sold over 836,000 copies in the UK.[91]

Legends only 

Im from Scotland and didn't hear of her until probably 2013, possibly even later 2013. I don't know how I completely missed what seemed to be the biggest thing in music in 2012 here. Great sales though and probably will never be beaten, 117,000 in its first week would top the charts in America in probably 45 of the 52 weeks a year now.

I honestly don't know what to think anymore, about the release of motherfucking NFR. Soonest would be what I wish for... It would be a cute Spring album. Summer? Not so much. Honestly, in February or early March, it would have been perfect. It's a really quiet album from what we heard... and a lot of big-produced singles by other artists are on their way. Whenever she releases it at this point, it's gonna get a bit lost, I think.

Spring would’ve been the perfect time to release NFR. The last time her choice of when to release her album bothered me was LFL, which was more of an early summer (May/early June) album to me.

While misogyny is sadly a problem in the gay community, do keep in mind that a) not all gay men are misogynistic & b) not everyone on lb is a cis gay male. Personally, I'm a woman, and I don't hate pretty blondes. I date pretty blondes. Plus half my friends are models, strippers, sex workers, actresses, makeup artists/beauty bloggers, etc. And quite a few of them live in California, actually! I really don't think I'm prejudiced. I know so many amazing, brilliant women who get treated like brainless bimbos all the time just because they're pretty (and in some cases, blonde). I'm not the type of person who discriminates against others based on looks, and I don't think most lb users are either. I don't recall seeing any hate towards Chuck or Jaime King because of their appearance.

These hillsong hoes are just giving off bad vibes. If you're not feeling it, fine, but don't act like everyone who does is just a mIsOgYnIsTiC gAy wEiRdO who's bitter bc they got bullied by a Regina George wannabe in high school lmao

Basically this. I think some people definitely are being petty, but I’m sure most of us are just simply voicing our concerns. I learned a long time ago whenever I didn’t trust my instincts around certain people, I’d end up regretting it. I don’t think it’s a coincidence Lana started attending these Hillsong/JB church services as soon as she started hanging out with these women. They sketch me out.

I've been a big fan since almost the beginning but am getting fed up with a career arc that consists of news items every few months that say "Lana Del Rey posts an instagram snippet of a somber new song.", with of course a photo that looks like she just got out of bed to post the somber snippet. There, I've vented.

I've been a big fan since almost the beginning but am getting fed up with a career arc that consists of news items every few months that say "Lana Del Rey posts an instagram snippet of a somber new song.", with of course a photo that looks like she just got out of bed to post the somber snippet. There, I've vented.

I mean with the last one she didn't even do that much  :teehee:

I've been a big fan since almost the beginning but am getting fed up with a career arc that consists of news items every few months that say "Lana Del Rey posts an instagram snippet of a somber new song.", with of course a photo that looks like she just got out of bed to post the somber snippet. There, I've vented.

https://www.thefader.com/2019/04/03/lana-del-rey-previews-new-song-on-instagram-fast-cars-norman-rockwell

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8505637/lana-del-rey-teases-somber-new-song-listen

I was literally thinking how pathetic/ desperate these headlines are

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

day 623 without NFR

tenor.gif

2ihkpwy.jpg @clampigirl and @ultraheroin

16kclrt.jpg 

Ok but I just can't unsee it 2rrp45t.jpg !! !

:icant:  :omfg2: !! !

/

Ok but so back on topic tho, I was actually just watching that said liestream from Dec last year, and everything seemed to b going so well. I'm kinda ok, since we're past the 3/29 date, but I'm just thinking like, wtf really happened 

UV/Honeymoon

Ok but I just can't unsee it 2rrp45t.jpg

I won't not fuck you the fuck up. Period. 2rrp45t.jpg

OT: Norman Fucking Rockwell was an American author, painter and illustrator

DO NOT FUCKING START W ME tenor.gif

I won't not fuck you the fuck up. Period. 2rrp45t.jpg

OT: Norman Fucking Rockwell was an American author, painter and illustrator

Everytime I close my eyes, it's like a - oh wait I don't close my eyes 2rrp45t.jpg U could literally just all caps the lyrics and have her face at the end of the sentence and just, it just changes the entire tone -  :icant:  :icant:  :thumb2:  !! ! DOWN ON THE WEST COAST THEY GOT A SAYI- 2rrp45t.jpg

OT: Can't Ben act as some kinda ambassador to all this? 

UV/Honeymoon

Its been exactly 423 days since she first mentioned Bartender

413 days since she first mentioned Sylvia

371 days since the first snippet of Happiness

199 days since the release of Venice Bitch and announcement of album title.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Spring would’ve been the perfect time to release NFR. The last time her choice of when to release her album bothered me was LFL, which was more of an early summer (May/early June) album to me.

I live in Canada and spring is always super long to get here, so LFL made perfect sense for my weather haha! But I admit that the first songs on it are really Spring rather than summer. 

June for NFR wouldn't be a bad choice either. Although there are rumors that she told someone's friend that it would be an end of summer release :/

Ok but so back on topic tho, I was actually just watching that said liestream from Dec last year, and everything seemed to b going so well. I'm kinda ok, since we're past the 3/29 date, but I'm just thinking like, wtf really happened

Clearly her New Year's resolution was to shit all over her NFR plans and fanbase

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Ish... if the Fader and Billboard now make an headline of her snippets, it means that everyone wants the damn thing to be released. They sometimes write about her snippets, mostly the ones before a real single. I guess the last months have been too dry even for them.