Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

"Fun?" What the hell, this waiting ain't fun. It would be a totally different story if we didn't know shit about a finished record, but we do cause she let us know waaay before she should have. With 3 singles. So why is she doing this? What is the point. She knows her fans are going insane, just put the fucking album out. Cause I'm glad she's doing this project she wanted to make for so long but we simply do not care. Girl bye. This is ridiculous.

what's the surprise ??? do you think it's 'wild one' ?

Honeymouns would never leak a song for just comments. It's gonna be a pic at best.

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
please stay on topic. NFR-only related content in this thread please.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

y'all were joking about it coming out in 2020 but i think it actually will now im-

Why? What’s making you think 2020? She said in March she’s hoping in 6m, that would be September at the latest

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The pAtIeNcE crew can go on pretending our problem is that we can't wait more than two weeks between records, and need Lana to work herself to death to keep us satisfied. Sure, a handful of people might truly feel that a year or two is too long a wait for a new album (lol), but I think 99% of us would have been cool with her taking some time off to relax, focus on her personal life, work on herself and write cringy  poetry. Just imagine her coming out and saying that instead of mocking us with "soon"s. Imagine if she hadn't released MAC & VB a full year before the album they're in, just so that people would forget about the Israel shitshow. Or if she had put them in an EP with Yosemite. Or, if she had decided not to put them in the album & to release them as stand-alone singles instead (and clearly stated that). Imagine if she hadn't said the album was coming at the top of the year, or March 29. Imagine if, back in 2018, she had simply announced she planned on taking things slowly this time, and we shouldn't expect NFR before 2020. Imagine how happy everyone would be if she had said that, and we ended up getting the album in late 2019. Not to mention how much more excited everyone would be about the poetry book! If she had been honest and open, all this negativity wouldn't exist.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

well..

It's an instrumental so technically not a song. But honesty, do we even care about this one

Edited by admin
please stay on topic

~?~

It's an instrumental so technically not a song. But honesty, do we even care about this one

What instrumental?

Edited by admin
please stay on topic

What instrumental?

She posted Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight but deleted it. She just uploaded Is It Wrong at the same time I'm writing this LOL

Edit: MMITPM got blocked worldwide, she didn't delete

Edited by admin
stay on topic please

~?~

The pAtIeNcE crew can go on pretending our problem is that we can't wait more than two weeks between records, and need Lana to work herself to death to keep us satisfied. Sure, a handful of people might truly feel that a year or two is too long a wait for a new album (lol), but I think 99% of us would have been cool with her taking some time off to relax, focus on her personal life, work on herself and write cringy poetry. Just imagine her coming out and saying that instead of mocking us with "soon"s. Imagine if she hadn't released MAC & VB a full year before the album they're in, just so that people would forget about the Israel shitshow. Or if she had put them in an EP with Yosemite. Or, if she had decided not to put them in the album & to release them as stand-alone singles instead (and clearly stated that). Imagine if she hadn't said the album was coming at the top of the year, or March 29. Imagine if, back in 2018, she had simply announced she planned on taking things slowly this time, and we shouldn't expect NFR before 2020. Imagine how happy everyone would be if she had said that, and we ended up getting the album in late 2019. Not to mention how much more excited everyone would be about the poetry book! If she had been honest and open, all this negativity wouldn't exist.

I'm printing this out to chant at the times when I start to feel even slightly sympathetic towards her again

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Was anyone quick enough to save the MMITPM instrumental?

Edited by admin
please stay on topic

Yeah, I don’t think the majority of people are pissed at the rate she is putting out music. Last September I was shocked to see her announce another album so soon. She’s going about it like a kid dangling candy in front of another kids face saying “oh, you’ll have this candy soon, but not yet. You can smell it, you can even touch it, but I’ll decide when you’re allowed to eat this candy.” We’ve moved past being excited for it, and now we just want this damn candy so much we are willing to rip it from her hands.

She can release her own art in whatever fashion she pleases and I’ll never say she can’t, I just wish she was doing it in a way that was less aggravating. She’s being annoying about it and that is just a straight fact. “It’s coming soon ;)” “isn’t waiting beautiful?” “Who knows when it’ll come out?? Heehee” NO BITCH. You ain’t being cute, you’re being silly so stop.

It’s not her friends, it’s not her label, it’s her.

Still luv her tho and can’t wait

Yeah, I don’t think the majority of people are pissed at the rate she is putting out music. Last September I was shocked to see her announce another album so soon. She’s going about it like a kid dangling candy in front of another kids face saying “oh, you’ll have this candy soon, but not yet. You can smell it, you can even touch it, but you'll only be allowed to eat it when I need you to stop making fun of my poetry book once I release it.”  :hooker:

I mean I'm glad Interscope gave her the freedom to release VB as a single but they didn't have to give her control of the release date too  :rip:  

And another thing, I understand the world isn’t exactly a simple place. Albums get mentioned by artists and go through the ringer and some never even see the light of day due to label issues, production issues, the way of the world, etc, but she is sitting on an allegedly finished record produced by the hottest guy in pop music right now, it’s stupid. I know I’m just regurgitating the same shite but seriously. This is what it’s come to.

Girl needs to look to Florence on how to release a book and album in the same timeframe because I stan Florence just as much as I Stan Lana and she went about it in a way that had me juiced for her book AND her album. I bought two copies of Useless Magic and I leafed through it once lol. I still live for it and for her though because she did it right

(Stream Jenny of Oldstones by Florence and the Machine)

Lana on LFL: "I made my first 4 albums for me, but this one is for my fans and about where I hope we are all headed".

Lana on NFR: "I sort of thought I would just put it out and it would be one of those things that I felt good about just to have out there for myself, but it's cool to be able to share it with people too" and "I selfishly wanted to put out a couple of cute songs" (Zane Lowe interview).

I mean, wbk of course, but it's such a 180  :toofunny: