Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Nooooooo thatll just b too similar to the microwave disc i've in the kitchen aka LFL coke bottle version. There's lavender, pale pink, other colors anything but that, but primarily Corallllllll ty

Ooh Halsey teas!

m_5b676ab85098a0c9260d110e.jpg

The vinyl will be green and that is final :hooker:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Ooh Halsey teas!

m_5b676ab85098a0c9260d110e.jpg

The vinyl will be green and that is final :hooker:

Ok pls pls PLS don't take this the wrong way, but if ur attributing as to how the pale pink vinyl might b reductive or remind u of the ashley album then I get that point, but I hope she does it even MORE now to fuck with u lmfao gahahahahahahahahaha 

and, I was thinking this kind of pattern, with a softer tone of color 

post-animal-when-i-think-of-you-in-a-cas

bring-me-the-horizon-suicide-season.png

waxahatchee-ivy-tripp.png

how groovy would some orange shade kinda be like: 

norah-jones-day-breaks.png

or if green, something of like a softer mint to get those sea water, surf vibes 

danny-elfman-justice-league-original-mot

Regardless, I'd love some visual textures and visual wave grooves on them

UV/Honeymoon

Ok pls pls PLS don't take this the wrong way, but if ur attributing as to how the pale pink vinyl might b reductive or remind u of the ashley album then I get that point, but I hope she does it even MORE now to fuck with u lmfao gahahahahahahahahaha 

and, I was thinking this kind of pattern, with a softer tone of color post-animal-when-i-think-of-you-in-a-casbring-me-the-horizon-suicide-season.png

how groovy would some orange shade kinda be like: norah-jones-day-breaks.png

or if green, something of like a softer mint to get those sea water, surf vibes danny-elfman-justice-league-original-mot

Ooh I fuck with that green one tbh. I’m here for that

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Lana followed Kevin Abstract on Twitter today.

Sis has time to go on Twitter and follow Kevin Abstract, then sis has time to update us this week.

If we don't get an update this week, then I'm going to get upset, and when I get upset, crazy, ranting posts happen.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

and, I was thinking this kind of pattern, with a softer tone of color 

post-animal-when-i-think-of-you-in-a-cas

bring-me-the-horizon-suicide-season.png

how groovy would some orange shade kinda be like: 

norah-jones-day-breaks.png

or if green, something of like a softer mint to get those sea water, surf vibes 

danny-elfman-justice-league-original-mot

why is this Justice League vinyl green ? I can't see the point with the movie or the promo stuff

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I'm on the fence.

Venice Bitch - honestly - I really hate agreeing with Ben on anything, but I agree that it's too long. I think it would have more of an impact if it was shorter. I think around 5 - 6 minutes would've been perfect.

Mariners Apartment Complex, to me, feels slightly contrived lyrically - but overall I really like it.

I like Hope, but the her delivery is almost hysterical in places and it's very intense, and it's not the type of thing I would put on repeat. I'm not saying that that's a bad thing, just that I haven't played it as much as the other two as a result.

So I guess I'm still deciding which is my favourite. I'm trying not to overplay any of them until we get the album because I want to be able to enjoy it in its entirety.

All the songs she released for this era is good in my opinion but my favorite is "Venice Bitch" and "Hope is a Dangerous..."

VB was meant to be played in your car while your driving or for people like me, in a long subway ride. I think it's perfect the way it is. 

Hope is powerful and personal and I know people complain because there's not a lot of instruments playing in the background but I think Lana did that on purpose. She wanted people to pay attention to what she was saying happened to her. That's my interpretation.  :eartha2:

I know we've talked about this interview already, but I don't know if anybody shared it, so here you go. https://twitter.com/LDReyInfo/status/1120729921402343424?s=19

And reading this kinda makes me understand why she puts out things so slowly.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Anyone that says cinnamon isn’t good is just trying to be edgy and go against the grain! Don’t quote me or @ me!

You know what? I will quote you, because I'm with you  :dmd: . It's definitely one of the tracks I'm looking forward to the most tbh

I took a break from the thread for a week or two for my mental health, but I assume we have learned nothing new  :wave:

Highlights while you were gone include ... actually no, never mind, there weren't any.

Ok but what’s real fucked up is the article from like 2 months ago we only just found out about where she’s like “haha yeah xx idk what I’m doing really lol no plans no who knows when the albums coming lol :)

if she doesn’t pull thru by the end of this month with news I’m fucking OVER it

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

With each new (and few) we are getting this time around, we get one or two new things. So we know it’s not coming in the next weeks (though not a surprise), that she has no plans and that we are likely getting more songs before the album.

So it’s gonna be a slow burner album with a slow burner promotion (if we can call it that).

With each new (and few) we are getting this time around, we get one or two new things. So we know it’s not coming in the next weeks (though not a surprise), that she has no plans and that we are likely getting more songs before the album.

So it’s gonna be a slow burner album with a slow burner promotion (if we can call it that).

"Slow burner"? More like the smouldering-since-1986 Chernobyl nuclear core.