Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

ok, but sis MAKE IT ALL LOWERCASE OR ALL UPPERCASE not some of both...... it hurts my soul

maybe just think of them as individual pieces of work. if someone published a poetry book and they used lowercase in one poem and uppercase in another it wouldn't really matter. it just denotes the mood or style of writing the author is trying to get across.

looking at the songs as individual pieces of work - it feel right for hope to have lowercase.

~~

imagine after all this time she doesn't even release a coloured vinyl this era.

maybe just think of them as individual pieces of work. if someone published a poetry book and they used lowercase in one poem and uppercase in another it wouldn't really matter. it just denotes the mood or style of writing the author is trying to get across.

looking at the songs as individual pieces of work - it feel right for hope to have lowercase.

imagine after all this time she doesn't even release a coloured vinyl this era.

i think i'll just have to embrace it as very lana... like her poetry snippets, they were often messy and not punctuated properly. i guess it adds a more organic feel.

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

The biggest plot twist this era wasn't BAR, song renaming, the cover/font, or even this semi-surprise announcement, tbh. It was simply the fact that those Russian stores and Shazam were right.

Didn’t Eclipse rant on Twitter about the Shazam thing, the “Love Song” title and how “stupid” LB users are? I wonder if he deleted those tweets, because...

Didn’t Eclipse rant on Twitter about the Shazam thing, the “Love Song” title and how “stupid” LB users are? I wonder if he deleted those tweets, because...

i'll bring it up with him when i next see him

superthumb.jpg?t=1534963919

Regarding the cover, I think a lot of stuff you don't like/understand is deliberate. For instance, the guy: that's part of the concept, him being dull and Nicholson's son. She's having this classic 60s white bourgeoisie moment (ala National Anthem), but with a modern twist : she stands next to the offspring of a great golden star, she wears a baddie outfit rather than a 60s hairdo. California is burning in the background. She occupies the stage like a man would in a vintage, patriarcal work : in the center, holding her man in a commanding fashion, at the helm like a leader. She's alluding to her aesthetic (a modern take on American archetypes) and this record's project : a Rockwellian illustration of her time through portraits, iconic cultural representations and a mishmash of images. That's actually one of her most coherent project coverwise.

qCfGVKM.jpg

Credit to @

As soon as these things were pointed out, it gave me a bit more perspective. And opened my eyes lol

- The skies in the background are painted. Which adds to Norman Rockwell artist vibes.

- Lana's in baddie attire with a neon wind break jacket and neon green nails as well.
- The hills of California are on fire. Which speaks to the recent California fire.
- Being out in sea in a boat not only speaks to MAC, but some of the artwork from High by the beach

Regarding the cover, I think a lot of stuff you don't like/understand is deliberate. For instance, the guy: that's part of the concept, him being dull and Nicholson's son. She's having this classic 60s white bourgeoisie moment (ala National Anthem), but with a modern twist : she stands next to the offspring of a great golden star, she wears a baddie outfit rather than a 60s hairdo. California is burning in the background. She occupies the stage like a man would in a vintage, patriarcal work : in the center, holding her man in a commanding fashion, at the helm like a leader. She's alluding to her aesthetic (a modern take on American archetypes) and this record's project : a Rockwellian illustration of her time through portraits, iconic cultural representations and a mishmash of images. That's actually one of her most coherent project coverwise.

i just think she doesn't give a fuck anymore - it's admirable.

i just think she doesn't give a fuck anymore - it's admirable.

I think it's uggh... Irregular with her. Like sometimes she just doesn't care and sometimes she actually is that binch hmm slims arons is livid

She does give a fuck. This cover is full of details and very well done

"well done" is ... a comment, but it's cute. she had a vision - she probably should have paid a bit more for a graphic designer. just because she requested a couple of details to be photoshopped in doesn't make her a genius visual artist.

by "doesn't give a fuck", it's more as though over the years she has given less of a fuck about the "lana del rey" brand that her record label forced on her from BTD.

The tracklist honestly is so poignant, starting out with the playful optimism of Nfr, Mac, and Vb & knowing how it all ends so hollow with Hope. Hope is much more powerful to me this way (as the closing track). And knowing that how to disappear is in the middle paints it in such a different light. It is the same empty dream she’s been singing of since Video Games. I can already tell this album is going to be a very personal and heartbreaking soul journey

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

The tracklist honestly is so poignant, starting out with the playful optimism of Nfr, Mac, and Vb & knowing how it all ends so hollow with Hope. Hope is much more powerful to me this way (as the closing track). And knowing that how to disappear is in the middle paints it in such a different light. It is the same empty dream she’s been singing of since Video Games. I can already tell this album is going to be a very personal and heartbreaking soul journey

oh look a correct opinion, i haven't seen many of those on this thread