Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

So do people who buy vinyls actually listen to them?

Like you actually get up every 4 songs to flip that shit over, then get up again half way, change it to the second vinyl, flip it again ect. It just seems so shit....

i just like the packaging 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

Like you actually get up every 4 songs to flip that shit over, then get up again half way, change it to the second vinyl, flip it again ect. It just seems so shit....

I like it it's like a ritual :) It gives a physicality to the music. I love holding a giant piece of delicate plastic and think wow that magically makes sound how it's so fragile

ZKcaooE.png

i actually do lol

im not planning to have a huge collection i just need those 10 albums i would listen to

giphy.gif

Yes. The quality is much better if you have a decent turntable and speakers (not those suitcase players you can get for $40)

It is kind of a pain to flip it and switch out discs and all that so I don’t exclusively listen to vinyl, I do it when I’m chillin at home playing games and drinking and when I’m doing chores so I’m up walking around anyways.

LIZARD PEOPLE

I love blue and hate green and particularly lime green as much as Satan hates God but I clenched my teeth and ordered the green one because I have a nasty feeling that it's the colour Lana validated and not the blue one

ZKcaooE.png

Yes. The quality is much better if you have a decent turntable and speakers (not those suitcase players you can get for $40)

It is kind of a pain to flip it and switch out discs and all that so I don’t exclusively listen to vinyl, I do it when I’m chillin at home playing games and drinking and when I’m doing chores so I’m up walking around anyways.

Sorry but the quality is not much better... it’s scientifically studied that a digital track has a better quality than an analogic track (vinyl, cassette, etc...)

Watching the Venice Bitch part in the trailer brings it to the whole different level. It’s just so peaceful, the view of her literally SURFING (who would’ve guessed she can properly do that!), seeing her so happy and focused on the waves makes her a real Venice bitch. The high budget video for it is trurly what it deserves. I’m so obsessed with the trailer, big applause for her!

she officially did THAT

Sorry but the quality is not much better... it’s scientifically studied that a digital track has a better quality than an analogic track (vinyl, cassette, etc...)

maybe vinyl is not technically better quality,,, but it sounds different in a good way which makes it 'better'

god-damn.png

Watching the Venice Bitch part in the trailer brings it to the whole different level. It’s just so peaceful, the view of her literally SURFING (who would’ve guessed she can properly do that!), seeing her so happy and focused on the waves makes her a real Venice bitch. The high budget video for it is trurly what it deserves. I’m so obsessed with the trailer, big applause for her!

she officially did THAT

i would like to know how many music videos did she actually make 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

I guess it's like the difference between reading an e-book and reading a physical book? Streaming music is really convenient and definitely what I do the most (so far I just listen to the records my sister has when no-one's home lmao, I'm not getting my own record player for a few months). Idk, it's definitely worth it when you get almost an appetite for the music if that makes sense? When you're just streaming on shuffle and then you get a weird hunger out of nowhere to really experience the music. To me it makes it a lot more grounded and real, especially because I don't like playing music out loud unless I'm home alone. The convenience of having it on your phone is great but there's just something kind of special about wandering around and having the music come from one thing that you have to interact with, idk.  

locals only

Really because I’ve always heard the opposite. And when I switch my receiver from phono over to Bluetooth or aux and play digital, there is a serious decline in quality. This isn’t to say all vinyl pressings are better quality. There are a lot of shit pressings out there

LIZARD PEOPLE

i would like to know how many music videos did she actually make

Chuck referred to it as she made at least more that one, so I think Happiness is a Butterfly for sure and honestly, I’m pretty positive the title track will receive one too. Plus we will get the video for FIILY and The Greatest so I’d say 4 at least. I hope these shots from the trailer come from other videos too (I’d just love to have as many music videos for this album cause it’s soooo climatic and just suitable for Lana!)