Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I don’t know how to do the spoiler thing, so sorry ******SPOILER THING*******

Alright, I’ve just come out of the rabbit hole and I think I need another ride, but I do need to get something off my chest real quick : whatever on earth and hell were they thinking when they did HTD dirty like that? It’s horrific. Like I legit had to stop listening and start anew with California after a few minutes to be able to get back into the tone of the record for how bad it is, the arrangement is meaningless and I never thought I’d say that but Coachella is decent compared to how bad HTD is. It was such a beautiful song, totally ruined.

That said, I’ve been surprisingly pleased with HIAB, musically it’s a lot less cheesy than I thought. California is wow, stunning, probably my favourite alongside Bartender and Venice Bitch which I think it’s the highlight of NFR.

All in all, I expected it to be more in the vein of MAC and VB but it’s like there’s no recurrent musical theme, which is what makes a record coherent for me. In a way it’s like L4L in that there’s lots of different elements, but better and more inspired. I don’t know if it’s because she has so many good songs that she doesn’t want to leave them on the cut room floor so she just throws them in there or if she needs to take a little more time in between records to create an uniform vision. But I do like it, everything except HTD, and thank you for your help but that’s enough Jack Antonoff.

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

NFR is far from a compilation album and is more cohesive than LFL.

U just said NFR is a compilation of everything she has done. Therefore, can she come up with something else other than things she's already done?

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I feel like in a day or 3 we’ll see more and more people disliking/hating NFR. This always happens. An album drops/leaks, almost everyone loves it, then some people end up disliking it, then suddenly there’s this wave of hate for the album that’s even coming from people who are loving it rn cause people love complaining, and then after that there’ll be mixed opinions with people liking it and people disliking it. Mark my words it will happen.

it's always this pattern. I was just a lurker then but I remember the majority here  h a t e d  Honeymoon when it came out but nowadays seems like everyone tucks that ruby red vinyl into bed at night. y'all will obsess over LFL in two years, I promise

who the FUCK is Valerie

omg lona delery we stan

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

U just said NFR is a compilation of everything she has done. Therefore, can she come up with something else other than things she's already done?

I never said “compilation”. I said it has elements and that can include songwriting or the way she sings in a particular song.