Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Interesting considering they also gave 4/5 stars to BTD (an album fans love to bash, especially during this era).

So both BTD and NFR received the SAME ratings from the SAME publication AND the same journalist is responsible for rating BOTH of these albums equally.

Very interesting compared to the 3.5/5 they gave UV & the 3/5 for HM. :rip:

He has taste, honey.

He has taste, honey.

Well, BTD is a great album. I laugh at how some fans here were so hellbent on bringing BTD down only to find out that NFR was given the same rating as BTD, and by the same journalist, no less. Whew. :rip:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

The NYT interview is seriously a good interview. Love the questions they asked her. It repents for Annie Mac's sin.

ok so. on bartender:

i get so many regina spektor vibes and i don't know why? i think because she sings "bar-t-t-tender"and on here, i read a concept that it was mimicking a camera shutter which is probs where the spektoresque sound, for me, comes from

AND i just read through lana's interview w the new york times and... i love her so much.

I get Spektor vibes from it, too, though I couldn't really put my finger on it.

It's honeslty so hard not being able to listen to Love song and California without crying :(

I guess I'm gonna give myself a few days to process them.

I almost cried today listening to Love Song. The last line of the song when she repeats "it all comes down to make the sound of a love song" while she voice seems to break is touching and heartbreaking.

California is a masterpiece, nothing left to say.

hey clownbaords, what did i miss?? what did lana do now, fill me in, send recepits

Lana goes to church twice a week and is no more liberal than Republican. She cares ab issues as soon as they are trending and barely even understands them at a surface level. Her new album is already tired and it's not even out yet. Did I miss anything ladies?

not hope being first and very venice bitch being next to last :lmao:

It's not new that I never clicked that much with VB. The experience that I had at the beach the other night with the song was magical and that's what made me love it. Doesn't mean I'm gonna put it first all of a sudden. I still gave it a 10/10...

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

In the new interview, she says that for the last 4 years she was only writing in the studio. But now says she has already started writing again at home just months after finishing Norman. :O

Jack's magic is doing wonders.  :defeated:

Lana goes to church twice a week and is no more liberal than Republican. She cares ab issues as soon as they are trending and barely even understands them at a surface level. Her new album is already tired and it's not even out yet. Did I miss anything ladies?

i asked what's new

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

In the new interviewm she says that for the last 4 years she was only writing in the studio. But now says she has already started writing again at home just months after finishing Norman. :O

Thoughts on the same journalist from SlantMagazine rating both BTD and NFR 4/5?  :flutter:

In the new interviewm she says that for the last 4 years she was only writing in the studio. But now says she has already started writing again at home just months after finishing Norman. :O

I was about to comment that. I'm so happy Jack reignited her passion for writing, when she started talking about how she hasn't been writing outside the studio for the past few years I felt quite terrified  :biblio:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i hope the liberal outlets rewrite their nfr reviews there is no reason to praise this republican demon.

humble this anti-feminist with your 2/5 reviews!

i76mrxw.png 

i'm randomly listening to that random link of a random interview someone randomly dropped and she said she's writing lyrics in car lmao okay that explains love song

is that the interview where she said she's a reublican or what?? its 14 minutes i dont have that much time

giphy.gif

Thoughts on the same journalist from SlantMagazine rating both BTD and NFR 4/5?  :flutter:

Higher than Ultraviolence and Honeymoon? Tied for her best score ever? I'll take it.  :flutter:  I wanted 4.5/5 but it's still great coming from Slant.

Higher than Ultraviolence and Honeymoon? Tied for her best score ever? I'll take it.  :flutter:  I wanted 4.5/5 but it's still great coming from Slant.

BTD, which u have always said is complete garbage aside from Video Games & is her worst album, got the same score as NFR. Thoughts on that?  :flutter:

giphy.gif

BTD, which u have always said is complete garbage aside from Video Games & is her worst album, got the same score as NFR. Thoughts on that?  :flutter:

I'll take it. That's all.  :flutter:

I'll take it. That's all.  :flutter:

But u said BTD fans have no credibility and cannot participate in discussions regarding NFR. Yet, Sal Cinquemani rated the album u consider to be so horrible, the same as the one u consider to be her best.

Now he's credible to you?

Ah.  :flutter: