Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

So, I was screaming seeing her real worst song (Guns And Roses) and suddenly Hope is the first one. Ok Billboard, I appreciate you so much for doing such an elaborated article and ranking with descriptions and all this, but come on, this is not realistic at all.

P.D: I didn't notice at first, The Blackest Day #80? WHAT THE HELL.

So bizarre.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Well you were probably waiting for something else

Who knows it may grow on you

My 2nd listened was so good, really love it

I was waiting for the album we got, but much better executed

I’m really not more of a liberal than I am a Republican — I’m in the middle.

:creep:

I think I was a backup singer and I was opening for people and yeah, we went on a date.”

Why am I only now finding about this NYT interview? It's really good.

ladies do we know what time the album comes out? I live in NZ. is it going to come out at midnight NZ or get a worldwide drop like they did with The Greatest and FIILY?

cos I'll stay up if it's midnight, if not I'll try get my sleep cycle back on track nn

nice cocc bro

The sketchiest element of this era so far tbh. We at least know she isn’t a Trump fan.

I like both versions of fuck it. I’m a mellow motherfucker so the leaked one definitely suits me if I’m feeling more that, but I completely get why they switched it up to be more of a bop.

I loved the part where she says she likes the new generation of girls inspired by her because she likes her own music lmao

ladies do we know what time the album comes out? I live in NZ. is it going to come out at midnight NZ or get a worldwide drop like they did with The Greatest and FIILY?

cos I'll stay up if it's midnight, if not I'll try get my sleep cycle back on track nn

Midnight

Well.. I’m slightly conflicted some people say they absolutely love the album and some people say they hate it.. I’ve never really seen that with a Lana album before.. I just want it to be the 30th already. I’m trying to refrain from listening to all the released songs especially MAC.. Attempting to Virginize my ears for the big listen!

I am not and have not been saying either. I’ve been saying, “it’s okay,” and giving it a C rating.

what does it say?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

While I understand why you would want to rank every album, to me Lana’s albums have always had a different mood and all like NFR will be the album I’ll listen on a hot summer night or on a long road trip. While UV has always been that album I listen to while drinking a whole fucking bottle. Idk they just have different moods to me

First we feel; then we fall.

I'm still processing the album and listening on repeat before I fully post my thoughts, but it's definitely a gorgeous piece of work. I find Lana's albums really should first be listened to the same way you'd watch a film series. This album tells a beautiful story, and it's a great continuation of the story she's been telling since Born To Die. I think each of her albums have an important place in the overarching story of Lana Del Rey.

I didn’t know how much I would like this album based on how more stripped down and casual everything felt from singles and snippets, I live for the grand dreamy decadence of some of her other records but I literally can’t stop listening. I’m just as obsessed as I’ve been with her other albums and I’ve played the singles and snippets several times over the past year. I just love how intimate it feels, her voice is more prominent (in most of the songs) and the narrative feels a lot more straightforward and accessible to me. It’s really hard for me to pick any of her albums over the other, they’ve all been so special to me during each point of my life they’ve come out, and this one is no different. This record def has a lot more growers than showers and I’m here for that

I don't know I'm so sad :( There are so many things I simply really dislike from this album...  :( I feel like crying

I felt this way with UV and HM when they came out tbh. In contrast, they’re two of my favorite albums ever. Maybe it’ll grow on you

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I remember during the La to the Moon tour Elle made a post about Lana's adlibs and if they will be heard in the new album and now that I've heard the album the answer is yes

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Norman fucking Rockwell - 9/10

Mariners apartment complex - 10/10

Venice bitch - 10/10

Fuck it I love you - 8/10 (correct version) 4/10 (album version)

Doin' time - 7/10

Love song - 10/10

Cinnamon girl - 7/10

How to disappear - 3/10

California - 8/10

The Next Best American Record - 5/10

The greatest - 10/10

Bartender - 7/10

Happiness is a butterfly - 9/10

Hope is a dangerous thing - 10/10

:(

Norman fucking Rockwell - 9/10

Mariners apartment complex - 10/10

Venice bitch - 10/10

Fuck it I love you - 8/10 (correct version) 4/10 (album version)

Doin' time - 7/10

Love song - 10/10

Cinnamon girl - 7/10

How to disappear - 3/10

California - 8/10

The Next Best American Record - 5/10

The greatest - 10/10

Bartender - 7/10

Happiness is a butterfly - 9/10

Hope is a dangerous thing - 10/10

:(

Bartender deserved better

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...