Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I felt this way with UV and HM when they came out tbh. In contrast, they’re two of my favorite albums ever. Maybe it’ll grow on you

I highly doubt so; I don't remember a single album by any artist "growing on me". I'm very love it or hate it at first listen. Sure, I'll appreciate song songs later perhaps, but right now, I'm extremely focused on the unacceptable issues on the album. :( 

Bartender deserved better

I like it, and that's one of the songs that I'll appreciate with time, but the mixing annoys me, the melodies sound forced especially in the verses and the instrumentation is not it.

Norman fucking Rockwell - 9/10

Mariners apartment complex - 10/10

Venice bitch - 10/10

Fuck it I love you - 8/10 (correct version) 4/10 (album version)

Doin' time - 7/10

Love song - 10/10

Cinnamon girl - 7/10

How to disappear - 3/10

California - 8/10

The Next Best American Record - 5/10

The greatest - 10/10

Bartender - 7/10

Happiness is a butterfly - 9/10

Hope is a dangerous thing - 10/10

:(

To me this still seems like a pretty good album just by looking at your points. Mine would be mostly lower I guess and I still enjoy the album. :)

At the same time I'm so conflicted because I love the lyrics so much, and they hurt me, they all make me think of my ex and my traumas with my body and things that I'll simply never get over... I have never been so confused as a Lana fan. :(

Crying to California rn.

does anyone have that screenshot from the person who went to that listening party for NFR early in the year? from 4chan? just remembered they were actually right about lana calling out a “big name in the industry” and i feel like boo boo the fool for rolling my eyes at how fake it sounded :toofloppy:

Norman fucking Rockwell - 9/10

Mariners apartment complex - 10/10

Venice bitch - 10/10

Fuck it I love you - 8/10 (correct version) 4/10 (album version)

Doin' time - 7/10

Love song - 10/10

Cinnamon girl - 7/10

How to disappear - 3/10

California - 8/10

The Next Best American Record - 5/10

The greatest - 10/10

Bartender - 7/10

Happiness is a butterfly - 9/10

Hope is a dangerous thing - 10/10

:(

At least you still gave Hope a 10/10 and that's all that matters

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

To me this still seems like a pretty good album just by looking at your points. Mine would be mostly lower I guess and I still enjoy the album. :)

I've been generous with the orange colores ones. I can't describe how much I hate the Cinnamon girl outro, the mixing on Bartender, the outro of California, the lyrics on BAR...

At least you still gave Hope a 10/10 and that's all that matters

Yes!

does anyone have that screenshot from the person who went to that listening party for NFR early in the year? from 4chan? just remembered they were actually right about lana calling out a “big name in the industry” and i feel like boo boo the fool for rolling my eyes at how fake it sounded :toofloppy:

They also said that she’s gonna end some careers :)

giphy.gif

I'm amused/amazed btw that an artist which released such an mellow album like NFR! will go on an arena tour. NFR! is destined to get a club tour or gigs in some classical concert halls...

(I'm afraid Lana therefore will play the old pop BTD stuff forever on her tours...)

it's been a few days and i'll level with you, as beautiful as i find the FIILY and TG video i..... haven't been listening to the songs and both of them are new to me so i am kinda worried. just hope the songs from snippets i think i'll love will save it along with a couple of other new ones. isn't like me though, don't think i've ever not played her new songs repeatedly when they've come out. think i'm gonna find this very mixed

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I'm amused/amazed btw that an artist which released such an mellow album like NFR! will go on an arena tour. NFR! is destined to get a club tour or gigs in some classical concert halls...

(I'm afraid Lana therefore will play the old pop BTD stuff forever on her tours...)

I expect her new setlist to look like this (in no order)

born to die

blue jeans

video games

summertime sadness

ride

west coast

shades of cool

cherry

white mustang

change

norman fucking rockwell

mariners apartment complex

venice bitch

fuck it i love you

doin time

love song

cinnamon girl

happiness is a butterfly

Just 1 more day for me to get through before I hear the next testament  :defeated:

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Just wondering if the vinyl is expected to arrive on/around the 30th? 

I know some stores have received CDs and vinyls and have already put them on shelves, but I haven't heard/gotten any shipping confirmation from Lana's store - maybe they'll ship ON the 30th?

I remember people getting the Honeymoon vinyl delivered to their mailboxes a few days before the 18th in 2015. Has anyone gotten their vinyl yet?

Just wondering if the vinyl is expected to arrive on/around the 30th?

I know some stores have received CDs and vinyls and have already put them on shelves, but I haven't heard/gotten any shipping confirmation from Lana's store - maybe they'll ship ON the 30th?

I remember people getting the Honeymoon vinyl delivered to their mailboxes a few days before the 18th in 2015. Has anyone gotten their vinyl yet?

Mines already at the post office, supposed to be getting it tomorrow :)

My email said the vinyls I ordered from her store we’re going to be shipped on the 30th. I was hoping to have it on the 30th. I also ordered the UO one the first day it was available and when I check the site now it says those are on backorder so I’m not sure when I’ll get that one either.