Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I actually really like HTD, i love the live piano version a bit more ngl, but i really like the album version too, i still get emotional listening to it. y'all make fun of HTD sayin' it's a christmas song but imagine actually listening to it in december, omg christmas blues

fav lana album and why it's so important to you?

Since you mentioned importance and everybody just went along with personal connections instead of overall vibe or quality of the record (which may sometimes lead to different results), I'm having a hard time choosing one album. Every single one has tracks that I'm deeply fond of and associate with very specific emotions or times in my life.

• BTD - I was around 13, 14. I was feeling very depressed back then, and I began some sort of addiction I still struggle with at times, although I'm MUCH better. I vividly remember listening to National Anthem on Summer holidays a year or two after it came out - open road by the beach during sunset. Lana was my favorite artist and my go-to album, and I associate it with a dark time but also a necessary period in my life and discovery. I remember listening to Ride and loving it for the first time on a road trip (if you're reading everything, get used to road trips). It is so nice to listen to it now without feeling suicidal. I feel some growth, like I overcame something. It makes me feel a bit happy and nostalgic of some people and places, although the person that introduced me to Lana and BTD was toxic and I had to cut out from my life.
  • UV - Pretty When You Cry is still my favorite breakdown song, specially the live version. When I was in sixth grade, long before this was released, I remember I spent a whole afternoon crying over a grade and my friend said my eyes looked prettier when I cried. So I always think this song is actually for me, and it's so relieving to cry from rage while listening to it - it's like, yes, I'm crying, but I'm still so much better than the reason (often a person) why I'm crying about. Cruel World reminds me a bit of the depression I mentioned earlier. Brooklym Baby of a guy I used to like when this came out because he played guitar, had a band, and he liked to hear me singing. Black Beauty is a new strong favorite, maybe because I'm no longer as drawn into a black hole as I was, and now I can clearly see what this song meant.
  • HM - I remember I was stuck on a road for hours when HBTB came out, so it's always that happy day I think of. Freak came out after my first plane travel, while I was away from home, so I always picture my hostel bed in a crowdy room. Salvatore remembers me of a person I bonded with and a specific day in northern Spain. God Knows I Tried is sometimes what I play when I feel down because of University. 24 is a long time favorite, but that one doesn't have an unnecessary backstory to tell.
  • LFL - Love was the first song I put on when I realized I was REALLY in love for the first time. Cherry was the first song I sent someone to show who Lana was and they loved it. Get Free is, like, my catharsis. I listened to it on another road trip before my first year of University, while I was alone on an unknown city on a hot summer day. It was amazing. I always picture the beach by the river and the trees, and my little book, and my walk over the village while eating some ice cream. It's a very personal song to me.
  • NFR - I already mentioned it a bit here before, but I had to come to terms with some sort of change recently. The Greatest was on loop during those times. Hope is another very personal song. I literally feel every word she put out there. Her feeling... I experience it. It's such a great bond. And I also associate BAR with this, even though it's the past version.

TLDR: I was gonna tell a lot more and in a more pretty and cheesy way but even I got tired of writing and thinking so much, so I basically love this woman and this is like choosing which lung I like best.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

okay NOW i have a good question: fav song off EACH album and WHY

btd - video games because it's a lana classic

uv - pretty when you cry. the best lyrics and bridge. everything

honeymoon - god knows i tried. can relate to the most. also the blackest day

lfl - heroin or 13 beaches

nfr - ALL OF THEM for now

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

i guess if you're from somerset or bristol u can try getting a free nfr poster tomorrow

holy shit im from bridgwater in somerset, where do i get this????!!!!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

xy months of listening to the 1 minute of cinnamon snippets on youtube and now here i am listening to it officialy WOAH

giphy.gif

AKA: Pawn Shop Blues. It's just so sad and lyrically beautiful

BTD: BTD. It's just so haunting

PD: Ride

UV: Is This Happiness

HM: TBD. It's pure art

LFL: Cherry I guess lmao 

NFR: Venice Bitch. Nothing can ever compare to that feeling 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

born to die: video games because duh

paradise: probably bel air because i love the piano in it so much and i overplayed the shit out of it when i was younger and it still holds up

ultraviolence: brooklyn baby will always be in my top 3 lana songs period because it was one of the first i ever heard and it fills me with memories of that summer i first discovered her

honeymoon: the blackest day. mostly bc the bridge is god tier

lust for life: heroin. see above.

norman fucking rockwell: bartender. it sounds like a beautiful sunset/early evening drive song. so amazing and the lyrics give me goosebumbs.

giphy.gif

AKA - Oh Say Can You See - this song just makes me feel so nostalgic for something i can't even remember, its so damn beautiful

BTD - cliche, but Video Games, it's so calming and reminds me of happy memories from the past

PD - Ride, this song never fails to make me cry

UV - Brooklyn Baby, weirdly enough this was the song that got me into Lana so it always holds that special spot for me

HM - Terrence Loves You, this song has always been so atmospheric and comforting for me, i remember listening to it on loop when my dog died about a year ago who was with my family for 12 years

LFL - Heroin, this song is so beautiful to me and the build up in the bridge makes me feel things

NFR - the Greatest, this song invokes some of the most beautiful emotions in myself

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I'll be knee deep in inventory when this thread locks and we switch to post release so I just want to say thank you all for the highlarious entertainment. I hope to see you all in post at 3am this morn when I'm busy smashing repeat to (idk the whole album? But probly love song)

what the hell we gon do now

giphy.gif