Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This is probably my last post on this thread and I wanna say that I had so much fun here and Iove y'all.

See you on the other side.

Happy Norman Fucking Rockwell day!!!

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

maybe she is genius after all, with HTD she made sure the album will get streams in december lol because i know sure this is gonna be my christmas jam 

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

okay NOW i have a good question: fav song off EACH album and WHY

BTD - it's so hard to choose since it was my first album so most songs feel like classics to me and are really hard to rank, but I think I'll say Blue Jeans

Paradise - it's Ride without a doubt, that song speaks to me on another level

UV - it used to be Brooklyn Baby, but nowadays it's either Shades Of Cool (best bridge ever) or West Coast. Probably SoC

HM - I've changed so much, but I think Terrence Loves You is the one that I'm really into right now

LFL - Really hard to choose because even tho I believe it's her worst album, I still believe half the album has some of her best songs. I think I'll say Get Free because it meant so much to me 2 years ago, but Heroin is so fucking good

NFR - After several listens, I still believe VB or The Greatest are and will remain my favs

im so proud of lana. she's come so so far since her lizzy days and has managed to always stay herself. even when she ventured into trends and a more commercial sound with lust for life, she maintained her writing abilities and never compromised her vision. and now with this new record, she's REALLY come into her own, and it shows. she's a fully fledged artist now and we've witnessed her rise up. no matter how rocky it got, she managed to stay creating for us. i just love her so much and hope someday she knows all she's done for me and so many others here.

giphy.gif

fav lana album and why it's so important to you?

For me, Born To Die and Paradise will always have my heart. It's not even about visuals or anything like that, but rather a sort of awakening I felt when I first came across them. I can't really fathom it or get anyone to understand but I don't know, I just felt this strong connection to Lana and her music.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Born To Die: Video Games

Paradise: American

Ultraviolence: Old Money

Honeymoon: Terrence Loves You

Lust For Life: Cherry

Norman Fucking Rockwell!: The greatest

I just can’t give a proper reason without writing a whole bible here.

Honeymoon: Terrence Loved You

taste was exhibited

giphy.gif

Honeymoon: Terrence Loves You

AKA-- Pawn Shop Blues. I love that this whole cathartic song happens within the 5-10 minutes it probably took her to sell her earrings. Brite Lites when I'm hammered tho

BTD-- Off to the Races, it's so cinematic. I love the LA to the Moon instrumentation too, gave me a new appreciation for the song

PD-- Cola, it's so bold. Wish she would sing it live again w/ a lyric change  :defeated:

UV-- Old Money  :hooker:

HM-- Honestly this is the hardest one because I genuinely think I love them all equally. Maybe MTWBT since it stands out as a really unique track thematically on the album?

LFL-- Cherry is my fav but just to express an UNPOPULAR OPINION, Summer Bummer is def in my top 5 Mostly because it's one of the few Lana songs I can work out to

NFR-- Right now I think it's Bartender but it's still changing every five minutes

is bel air always gonna be the sleeper of lana's career or are we gonna finally acknowledge how good it is someday

it's god-tier

but Ride was the Venice Bitch of her career before Venice Bitch

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

one song is pretty much impossible so ima name two per album.

AKA: probably Brite Lites or Smarty. actually the whole album is pure slayage but it's often too underrated, even by the artist who recorded it :/

BTD: Diet Mtn Dew or Radio. because of nostalgia etc... and ironically, the whole album reminds me of a happier time in my life, which makes me sad because my life is the pits rn.

UV: West Coast or Brooklyn Baby. generic answer but that's on period and any other answer is scientifically proven to be WRONG. shoutout to Pretty When You Cry tho.

Honeymoon: Freak and Religion. but tbh it depends on my mood. the whole album is slayage through and through so all the songs (except for track #8) are interchangeable for me.

LFL: my username for the simple reason that i lost my virginity to it x

love God Bless America too. 

NFR: Cinnamon God and Fuck it I love you. but i'm still freshly bald from listening to the album so i think it might be too early to tell.