Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

A REMINDER

dm me your nfr songs ranking from 1 to 14 if you want to be a part of our joint ranking list we're making

people already dm-ed me so don't let this flop

you can post it on here too but tag me

1. The Greatest

2. Norman Fucking Rockwell

3. Fuck It I Love You

4. Doin’ Time

5. Venice Bitch

6. Bartender

7. Mariners Apartment Complex

8. Happiness is a Butterfly

9. California

10. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing

11. Love Song

12. The Next Best American Record

13. Cinnamon Girl

14. How to Disappear

Ok maybe not the whole record, but like Cinnamon, FIILY, HTD, TNBAR

fuck it i love you is great the way it is but the other two would have been awesome if andrew produced them

giphy.gif

since all of the songs now have the album cover, there's another celebration I MEAN FUNERAL we have to attend

YAS8QsM.png

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Ok maybe not the whole record, but like Cinnamon, FIILY, HTD, TNBAR

I think the best record Lana could create would be with Jack BUT with another producer as well! Maybe with both Rick and Jack, so Jack can do this personal magic touches, chords progressions and Rick can produce the songs with multiple layers of vocals and instrumentals, good mastering skills etc.

will the album be released at midnight in ALL timezones? because usually even when that happens, albums drop at 9PM on the west coast but idk if that's the case with this album so

giphy.gif

I will not tolerare any hate for Love Song or How To Disappear. Such magical tunes.

Love song is a bop, but I just can't get over the Christmas Bells in HTD help me pls

will the album be released at midnight in ALL timezones? because usually even when that happens, albums drop at 9PM on the west coast but idk if that's the case with this album so

its already out in my country two hours ago

but my itunes is US so i have to wait

:smile3:

A REMINDER

dm me your nfr songs ranking from 1 to 14 if you want to be a part of our joint ranking list we're making

@kraljicabenzinske

1. The Greatest
  2. Hope
  3. Venice Bitch
  4. Cinnamon
  5. FILY
  6. NFR
  7. MAC
  8. California
  9. Bartender
  10. HIAB
  11. Doin' Time
  12. TNBAR
  13. Love Song
  14. HTD

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

well so far it came out at midnight in all timezones 

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

A REMINDER

1. The greatest

2. Love Song

3. Cinnamon Girl

4. California

5. How To Disappear

6. Norman Fucking Rockwell

7. Mariners Apartment Complex

8. Venice Bitch

9. Fuck It I Love You

10. The Next Best American Record

11. Happiness Is A Butterfly

12. Bartender

13. Doin’ Time

14. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it

I think the best record Lana could create would be with Jack BUT with another producer as well! Maybe with both Rick and Jack, so Jack can do this personal magic touches, chords progressions and Rick can produce the songs with multiple layers of vocals and instrumentals, good mastering skills etc.

So she and Jack should remain friends and write together at her place ocasionally, and then she takes the songs to another producer to record it and make an album lol. That would be perfect.

Well guys, it's nearly officially out for me, I'm glad everyone seems to be having fun with it :) It's been really special thread, and I had my first post (and first warning point) in here. It's been a ride going from whole-heartedly believing it was scrapped to getting ready to climb into bed and listen to her with the lights off. I'm going to be off this site for some time while I gather my thoughts and get ready mentally for the next chapter of my life, and I'm glad I'll have this album as my soundtrack. I put my (mostly unused) twitter on my profile, @ pincurlsepearls. But for now, I'm signing off.

I Hope (iadtfawlmth-bihi) that everyone finds something special in the track, and that some heartbreak gets healed and some hurt fades while you listen to it. Love you all <3

locals only

okay NOW i have a good question: fav song off EACH album and WHY

AKA: Raise Me Up; I love songs with occult vibes so I was drawn to this the first time I really listened to the lyrics and I love whenever Lana is kinda rock n roll. It’s so dark and I feel like I can finally get vengeance on those who wronged me while it plays.

BTD: Million Dollar Man; my first ever favourite Lana song. Kinda doo-wop and cabaret in vibe and I lived for that.

P: Body Electric; for me this was the first time for me that one of her songs felt psychedelic af. I can’t help but just move to this song and feel it in my bones. The opening scene of Tropico then sealed the deal for me.

UV: Pretty When You Cry; the guitars and the raw vocals just create such a mood and while she wails “I’m pretty when I cry” over the guitar solos at the end, I just come alive and feel that shit in my soul.

HM: Terrence Loves You; so breezy but contemplative and jazzy, plus the side themes of Bowie and his brother always affected me deeply. I always cry when I listen to it.

LFL: Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems; I know, pretty obvious coming from me. I remember waiting months just to hear this because Lana and Stevie are my faves. Hearing them harmonize is like magic. And it’s so inspiring when I’m feeling all depressed.

NFR: Venice Bitch; I’m kinda surprised this is still my favourite but I really do connect to long psychedelic songs I can just feel, plus the bittersweet lyrics were exactly what I was feeling when it came out (and still now) and I’m so glad I’ve got to hold it close to my heart all year. It’s probably my favourite Lana song of all time now.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688