Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Does anyone feel like the video she posted of her singing along to Doin' Time is old? I feel like her fillers have dissolved more since then and didn't she dye her hair recently?

Yeah as I said on the Insta thread, if it's new then the auburn hair only lasted about a week. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

For real though who cares if Lana is authentic or not? We all fell for it either way and we'll continue to buy the music and buy into the persona.

I-

Have we sold our souls? Taken a blood oath? Are we contractually obligated to give her our coin and keep drinking the kool-aid? Where are all these obligations coming from lmao

This isn't Ultraviolence, jesus

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

some people really need to learn that a forum like this is intended for debate not mindless sycophancy. you can both enjoy someone's art AND criticise them, it's perfectly okay. what did lana say? oh yeah she quoted walt whitman who said he "contradicted himself because he contained multitudes." maybe listen to one of your fav's favourite poets  :kiss:

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

The changes in who she is aren't the problem though. It's the flat-out lies. Someone she worked with aaaaaages ago made a comment on when she started chasing fame as Lizzy Grant, saying she cut her hair and started acting completely different. There's a massive, massive difference between acting out a persona, a la Electra Heart, and insisting on the authenticity of a character created by a bunch of studio execs to sell to an audience.

Oh this is hilarious. So, to you, all art needs to be a narrow mirror of REAL LIVED EXPERIENCE. "It's the flat out lies" -- you're demanding authenticity as though art needs to conform to your moral standards

"created by a bunch of studio execs" yall are we in 2012 again? As if label crews could manufacture a persona as complex as Lana's, as though they'd have the balls to create a character and artistic style so wildly different to contemporary pop music at the time. Industry plants co-opt the prevalent sound and image on the charts, they don't come in and subvert the norm like Lana did

It's like some of you are SO PISSED at Lana for going silent on us that your resort to using arguments from her earliest detractors in order to legitimise your (weirdly entitled) anger. Distance yourself from NFR. Get a hobby!

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

i feel like the reason the authenticity debate has come around again is actually largely due to her change of image/direction, her hanging out with people at hillsong and her unprofessional behaviour when it comes to the release.

of course people change, artists change, isn't about that. she's ignoring her fans, she's acting weird, she doesn't even do any interviews which bridge that gap and reveal what her creative process actually is anymore? i think it's inevitable people think "who the fuck is she and what is she trying to do?" 

I left two comments. One saying how impressed I was that she was deleting all the comments, but that it was pointless and hopeless, and one asking if she could delete the comments but also call us a horde of bitches.

She deleted the first, more rational one, and left the second, more offensive one.

Maybe she just really liked the idea of calling us a horde of bitches so she left that one up, idk.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I left two comments. One saying how impressed I was that she was deleting all the comments, but that it was pointless and hopeless, and one asking if she could delete the comments but also call us a horde of bitches.

She deleted the first, more rational one, and left the second, more offensive one.

Maybe she just really liked the idea of calling us a horde of bitches so she left that one up, idk.

the Gemini jumped out of her lmao

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

When fans start to shit on Born to Die that's when things are getting bad

Lana please put out the abloom

I know this isn’t the comment anyone cares for, but Lana’s big change in behaviour, appearance, musical direction, lyrical content, and turning her back on her fans isn’t a new concept. Lots of artists go through a period like that and maybe I’m biased but it’s usually just before some of the best music comes. Both David Bowie and Joni Mitchell started to do this around the same point in their career. It turns away some fans, brings new ones in, and some stay through it all. It doesn’t really matter in the end though. If people don’t like nfr, she might still have another album come along that you will like and that’s ok. Artists change many many times and you don’t have to like or even agree with everything they do. And honestly if she follows all these other great artists, you’ll probably start to hate her more over the next couple albums before coming back around. Let’s hope not, but who knows. Like most artists, she’s unpredictable.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

When fans start to shit on Born to Die that's when things are getting bad

Lana please put out the abloom

But born to die isn’t even that good. It needs to fall so UV can rise

lilkimxchapelle.png

I-

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

But born to die isn’t even that good. It needs to fall so AKA and HM and Yosemite can rise

this is the unsweetened unfiltered raw dusty granulated green gray earl tea that we needed injected into our capillaries today. for norman frogging rockwell will come and ascend to like, a sick 4th place in her discography you guess

Idk why we’re calling any of her albums bad. Yeah we all have different favourites and prefer different sounds for her, but they’re all good. They all have something different special about them.

her albums are bad until they're not bloodletter

don't really get what purpose deleting the comments serves, whether she feels it makes her look bad not answering?! 

Um. It is that good.