Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Exactly. When an artist is doing bad, they need to hear it from the fans. We are her consumers, and she presents us products. If we don't like them, whether that be music, albums, videos, merch, she should heavily take that into consideration knowing she's made millions off of us the past several years.

It’s interesting to witness firsthand the need so many have for gods and goddesses, which goes back to the dawn of recorded history. It’s the motivator behind all celebrity. And it can be dangerous—we see how hero worship can go wrong, can turn to envy and hatred, or how fans can become stalkers and killers, obsessed with their god or goddess, or how some fans can tire of their goddess vessel and blithely transfer that adoration to another artist at the drop of a hat. Jung wrote extensively about all of this.

I agree with everything you say. I have been very critical of two LDR albums and certainly don’t care for at least 15 of her officially released tracks. Of course I try to determine whether I just don’t like the song, or if it honestly seems like a very weak song in itself, in its structure, and may also be badly produced or arranged.

And of course we can rightfully be critical of the way in which an album is rolled out. I didn’t think anything could be worse than the LFL rollout until now.

Okay I will admit that I'm the biggest Jeff Buckley cultist out there, but I genuinely believe Jeff could do no wrong because he was just a really good guy with good intentions until the day he died. He wasn't rude, he wasn't an asshole, wasn't problematic (at least to my knowledge).

Whereas with Lana...we know she can be problematic af. That's why I find it funny when people are quick to defend her on so many things all the time.

Sia said she met him when she was a teen and told him she loved him and he rolled his eyes at her and turned away. I would have cried  :rip:

Speaking of Jeff Buckley, I would love, one day, for LDR to produce a song as perfect, as moving and as powerful, as ‘Lover, You Should Have Come Over.’ ‘Old Money’ comes close for me.

I don’t Stan Buckley, but I am a great fan of his and also of his father, Tim, who was certainly a good example of an artist who was give complete artistic freedom and quickly threw his career away.

Sia said she met him when she was a teen and told him she loved him and he rolled his eyes at her and turned away. I would have cried :rip:

I was lucky enough to be hanging out in the East Village in the years when he was just starting out and playing Sin-e and other small dive cafes. I wouldn’t say he was a difficult person, just an apparently average human being suddenly and quickly being swallowed by fame and celebrity and doing his best to cope with it.

The East Village was and remains a very tough place, and I am not surprised to hear that the young Sis or LDR met with antagonism or hostility from Buckley and/or others. That is the norm there. Everyone tends to pose and be as hard, cynical and ‘over everything’ as possible. It’s not a very human place. It’s the birthplace of the Velvet Underground and CBGB, what can you expect?

ooh here's something for the vocal minority who piss themselves when they hear criticism: there is one thing miss lana is doing lately that i absolutely love. i think she is handling this particular situation i speak of in an absolutely impeccable way. in fact, i would be hard pressed to criticize anything about her current behavior with regards to this matter. i LOVE, and i cannot stress this enough, the fact that she has seemingly gone silent about that damn poetry book

thank god for small mercies

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Sia said she met him when she was a teen and told him she loved him and he rolled his eyes at her and turned away. I would have cried  :rip:

SKSKKSS that doesn't sound like Jeff at all but ugh....maybe he was drunk or something. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: dammit sia

Speaking of Jeff Buckley, I would love, one day, for LDR to produce a song as perfect, as moving and as powerful, as ‘Lover, You Should Have Come Over.’ ‘Old Money’ comes close for me.

I don’t Stan Buckley, but I am a great fan of his and also of his father, Tim, who was certainly a good example of an artist who was give complete artistic freedom and quickly threw his career away.

Imagine if Lana covered Song to the Siren :flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The new beach selfies give me more hope than anything else that we might be moving into the home stretch for the new album. They could even be, or pass for, liner note photos. They’re certainly much better than those ugly, distorted selfies she posted during the lead-up to LFL. The beach selfies show that a LDR selfie, with or without makeup, need not be grotesque.

I don't think she's ever looked grotesque, but there have been a few very unfortunate looks. I loved her most recent selfie, she looked beautiful & radiant. I don't think she was wearing makeup and it didn't look edited. Reminded me of how cute she used to look bare-faced years ago.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

SKSKKSS that doesn't sound like Jeff at all but ugh....maybe he was drunk or something. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: dammit sia

Imagine if Lana covered Song to the Siren :flutter:

If she recorded the famous version of STAS than Tim Buckley sang on the second season of The Monkees, that would be wonderful if done right. It suits her perfectly, in theme and sound, and would probably fit well on the new album. She’s clearly into the beach and mermaids at present. So it would be perfect. Good call.

ooh here's something for the vocal minority who piss themselves when they hear criticism: there is one thing miss lana is doing lately that i absolutely love. i think she is handling this particular situation i speak of in an absolutely impeccable way. in fact, i would be hard pressed to criticize anything about her current behavior with regards to this matter. i LOVE, and i cannot stress this enough, the fact that she has seemingly gone silent about that damn poetry book

Maybe she is over the poetry book already, with creative people as they start working on something new the previously created work always becomes somewhat less important.

this guy. yikes. 

the account is owned by that noodle hair boy that she loves to take picture with, he's always at the barricade at her shows (like for real, every shows). i think his name is Win or something? i think Elle knows him so i'll stay polite and shit but i heard he's super rude with other fans and basically blocks everyone that doesn't agree with the fact that Elizabeth is actually a human being that does mistakes and poops like everyone.  :w8ing:

Ooooh my god it’s him?! I’m dying haha. I posted here recently that he cracked me up one time by making a post saying something like “don’t believe any rumors about NFR unless you hear them from Lana or myself” like oook you’re cool lmao

LIZARD PEOPLE

I had some idea about why she is not talking about the release / sharing any sort of info.

She is signed with Interscope records just like Selena Gomez, who is in the same situation: she was "working"  on her upcoming album for 4 years now, apparently even 2 years ago it was ready for release but it never came out. (she had some health problems but she is over those now) When asked about the album Selena always says it's coming "soon" and that she is simply not allowed to reveal more information. Once she did a livestream for fans in her car where she accidentally revealed a new song title ("Rare") and then immediately after she said it she was like: aw, I wasn't supposed to say that I will get in trouble. So basically the higher ups at the label restrict how much information she can reveal and since she and Lana are at the same record label, they might be in the same position.

I had some idea about why she is not talking about the release / sharing any sort of info.

She is signed with Interscope records just like Selena Gomez, who is in the same situation: she was "working"  on her upcoming album for 4 years now, apparently even 2 years ago it was ready for release but it never came out. (she had some health problems but she is over those now) When asked about the album Selena always says it's coming "soon" and that she is simply not allowed to reveal more information. Once she did a livestream for fans in her car where she accidentally revealed a new song title ("Rare") and then immediately after she said it she was like: aw, I wasn't supposed to say that I will get in trouble. So basically the higher ups at the label restrict how much information she can reveal and since she and Lana are at the same record label, they might be in the same position.

Careful, everyone is gonna get annoyed and say Lana runs her own show and the label has nothing to do with this mess lol. But I agree, I think the label has something to do with it. It just doesn’t really make sense otherwise

LIZARD PEOPLE

I think everything is ready to go. The poetry book seems to be done now, as she was reading and correcting it a few weeks ago. The album has been done for quite some time now, and I agree that Lana might not be allowed to say anything before this era really start. She released 3 singles from it already that got great success despite the lack of promotion, then a cover that works well too. I think Interscope is just waiting more time before the lead single of NFR because it wouldn't make sense to release a lead right after a cover that's working well

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Careful, everyone is gonna get annoyed and say Lana runs her own show and the label has nothing to do with this mess lol. But I agree, I think the label has something to do with it. It just doesn’t really make sense otherwise

There are contracts in place, I think she does have a large creative freedom since that is one of the reasons why Madonna, Lady Gaga and Selena also signed to that label, but when it comes to setting release dates it's not all up to her.