Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Sis let Courtney live in her house for seven months.

KIM JONES: What is the most beautiful place in the world?

LOVE: I can’t answer with just one. First of all, I have a Malibu fetish. I have a dear friend who says that Malibu is the biggest land hoax in history, but he’s wrong. Or else I’m stupid. But I really do love it. I was very sick about two years ago, and my friend Lana Del Rey was like, “You can have my Malibu house.” It was even more magical that she gave me her Malibu house with a little beach for seven months when I needed it.

Also,

LANA DEL REY: First of all, you know how much I love you and how inspired I am by you. I was wondering, from one artist to another: What’s your best advice for staying inspired to write music?

LOVE: I’ve had some successes and I’ve had some failures, and failure is really hard to overcome. I don’t have a lot of advice because I haven’t done it, but I’m trying to do it. It’s so hard. I think the stuff you have to do is super plebeian. You’ve gotta to stay weird and you’ve gotta exercise. If you’re an addict or something—which I am—you’ve gotta pray. And then you’ve gotta sit down and write 20 longhand pages. This has to be small writing, the smaller the better. You write pages of shit. It doesn’t matter what you write. It’s your way of releasing something creative in your life every morning. It’s so dumb, but it helps. You’ve gotta feel safe to fail.

DEL REY: I have another one: Is the environment in which you create important to you, or are you thinking up projects no matter where you go?

LOVE: I very much believe, especially as a Buddhist, that my environment 100 percent reflects what I’m putting out. About eight months after my cessation of all nicotine and all mood- or mind-altering substances, my environment has changed so radically and in such great ways. I feel like I’m gonna do what pleases me, and if it doesn’t please me I’m not doing it. I’m not fucking around with things that don’t make me happy. I don’t need to put on weird smooth jazz, because I don’t like it. So fuck it. I’m not getting a dog I don’t want. I’m not gonna fuck that guy. I just don’t want to.

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/culture/20-questions-for-courtney-love-the-queen-of-grunge

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

if lana collabs with ellie fucking goulding of all people i'm unstanning for sure

i can take the wait i can excuse the unprofessionalism i can excuse the instagram baddie cringe bullshit

but i draw the line at a collab with that rat

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i swear to god if this is the duet that psychic a few pages back talked about years ago i will be unstanning. pls no, this is worse than her hanging out with her cheesy friends all day and sipping ugly beverages

What psychic? Receipts!!!

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

ok idk ab yall but i do feel a collab with ellie is happening. im assuming they arent friends? and lana just followed her? its very odd for them to be together imo.. and ben has his little tricks so i wouldnt be surprised if he got them to record together

Hmm, idk. He could get Lana to collab with her but not convince Lana release her album? Seems unlikely.

She's not collabing with Ellie; she only ever collabs with dudes. 

She made an exception for Stevie because it's frickin' Stevie, but Ellie? No way. She hasn't even collabed with Courtney despite the two of them saying for years that they are going to. 

It's not happening. 

She's not collabing with Ellie; she only ever collabs with dudes. 

She made an exception for Stevie because it's frickin' Stevie, but Ellie? No way. She hasn't even collabed with Courtney despite the two of them saying for years that they are going to. 

It's not happening. 

She collabed with Cat Power too, but yeah, it's not happening.

She collabed with Cat Power too, but yeah, it's not happening.

Oh, I forgot. Thanks. 

But still: overwhelmingly dudes. 

Plus, there's much more to a collab than just liking the person or whatever. 

Ed has a pic on his IG of some Tap Management thing with heaps of people including Ben ... pretty reasonable that they scheduled a meeting with sis on the same day when they were both there, and Ellie with her manager, too. 

The GOOD news is that if they had a meeting it would surely include NFR plans (at Ed and Ben's insistence rather than sis', I'm sure). 

What's the point if Honeymouns doesn't give us Yosemite or the TNC demo :')

I know, I'm a dreamer

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

What's the point if Honeymouns doesn't give us Yosemite or the TNC demo :')

I know, I'm a dreamer

No one has Yosemite... maybe TNC demo it depends on how generous they’re feeling. It may just be another 2011 demo but in this drought anything’s something! (Lel unless its just photoshoot outtakes then I’m officially rebelling)

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

The way y’all will vote for a stan account but won’t vote for Lana..

i mean stan accounts have been feeding us way more content lately than lana herself

it's just the way i feel

No one has Yosemite... maybe TNC demo it depends on how generous they’re feeling. It may just be another 2011 demo but in this drought anything’s something! (Lel unless its just photoshoot outtakes then I’m officially rebelling)

Eclipse claimed to have it though, and play it to his friends at Starbucks

I'm starving for this song

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

No shade to any leakers but if you've got it, why not just share it? I don't understand the whole "withholding" aspect of leaking ... the only reason I can think why anyone would do that would be for attention?

Admittedly, I know nothing about the process but so much of it seems like prick-teasing to me.