Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I read the lyrics to TNBAR. 
The tone of the new version is really «from the perspective of Lizzy» to me (which I love): I'm young, we're fun, we're making a record. The only thing lacking is the impotence references that were so smart on BAR, but hey, it's kinda my fault if I listened too often to that damn demo that the new version feels weird. 

I feel like the cover is a perfect representation of Mariners Apartment Complex:

"You lose your way, just take my hand. You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again."

Given that it was the song that kicked off the era & the second track on the album, I think it represents the album well. & of course the painted sky too, alluding to artist Norman Rockwell himself! x

That's true, I forgot about that!  I can see the paint connection but all of Norman's paintings were so 1950's Americana.  I know it would be too obvious to have someone paint her in the style of a Rockwell painting, but I think that would have been cool.  

TZdW.gif

I still don't really get the album cover, not that the others had any relation to their respective albums.

it's so gorgeous. Hell, we all feared that it was gonna be a damn selfie, but that cover shows work and references many elements of the album. To me, that cover is  like the trailer we got for LFL: You really had to listen to the songs to get all the elements and the NFR cover is just that. 

I read the lyrics to TNBAR. 

The tone of the new version is really «from the perspective of Lizzy» to me (which I love): I'm young, we're fun, we're making a record. The only thing lacking is the impotence references that were so smart on BAR, but hey, it's kinda my fault if I listened too often to that damn demo that the new version feels weird. 

I've been trashing the new lyrics ever since they were out but after listening to this version I really like the alterations she made. The demo was solely about the guy, this new one is about the both of them and how she wants to try different things while he's still so focused on writing this amazing record. It's like she's realizing there's a whole world out there for her to enjoy and slowly leaving him behind while he's still chained to his work. It's beautiful and tragic. I almost prefer this one because the demo threats her as a spectator, watching her love focus on his work, while this one theats her as a protagonist, realizing there's more to life and sometimes these good things life has tp offer are worth it and if the cost is the relationship you can see is fading away so be it, ciao bitch.

Wow that was long. Sorry.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I feel like the cover is a perfect representation of Mariners Apartment Complex:

"You lose your way, just take my hand. You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again."

Given that it was the song that kicked off the era & the second track on the album, I think it represents the album well. & of course the painted sky too, alluding to artist Norman Rockwell himself! x

Indeed! 

Plus she does say in The Greatest (not 100% sure if it's that song or another one, I mix up the lyrics at this point) that California is on fire. 

The neon green is referenced in Fuck It I Love You.

The guy is any man in her songs, I guess. 

Plus that album has so many surf elements to the production and would be an awesome listen by the ocean. 

I love California so much but

since there’s no bridge why there’s not some kind of heavy guitars outro or something?? this fucking song leaves me so unsatisfied but it’s still one of her best

I used to dislike Guns and Roses but after I watched this video detailing Lana's and Axl's relationship and how they probably banged I appreciate the song more. Hope wishes to have that impact.

I just find its melody ugly and uninspired. The fact that that trash made the album and Flipside not. I will never forgive this b**** for that.

Bartender is only a piano song and y'all still praise it so much, I'm actually really curious to see how it's gonna sound

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I just find its melody ugly and uninspired. The fact that that trash made the album and Flipside not. I will never forget this b**** for that.

That was homophobic, yes.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I just find its melody ugly and uninspired. The fact that that trash made the album and Flipside not. I will never forget this b**** for that.

I think the verses aren't that bad, but the chorus... God, she sounds so stoned and bored on that one. It could have been a very good song, but it needed rework. And I agree with you: Flipside should have been on all Deluxe versions of the album. 

this norman rockwell painting is so relevant to this era, she had the opportunity to recreate it but she blew it away

rockwell_painting_clown_acrobat_on.jpg

Lana's the big fat clown with that huge loaf of bread that's NFR. Jack's with her at the table, listening how she laughs at us.

We're the poor dog on the floor 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***