Sign in to follow this  
nationalxanthem

Dublin, Ireland @ Malahide Castle - June 22, 2019

She should be playing concert hall theaters for adults and hiring more musicians with other instruments.

Tbh I really think this would be nice for her. Her voice suits this type of presentation, but that's just my opinion. Obviously I enjoy the fun outdoors shows too, but it gets annoying to not be able to hear her at every single show. 

This is the latest example of being able to hear her perfectly and it was lovely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESk1ZHDk7M0

And here's an older iconic example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkXc8SAJ704

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

She got positive reviews but:

The more melancholy, sadder tracks from Ultraviolence didn’t seem to be in line with the crowd, as Pretty When You Cry and Old Money almost seemed to be too slow and too sad to resonate at the outdoor venue.

Lana saved some of the best moments for last, with Summertime Sadness getting the biggest reaction from the crowd, finally a place to vent our frustration at the season that still evades us. Surely, there is a case for Summertime Sadness to be the new Irish national anthem?

Watch her read them and then scrap the UV songs for more BTD  :rip:

She got positive reviews but:

The more melancholy, sadder tracks from Ultraviolence didn’t seem to be in line with the crowd, as Pretty When You Cry and Old Money almost seemed to be too slow and too sad to resonate at the outdoor venue.

Lana saved some of the best moments for last, with Summertime Sadness getting the biggest reaction from the crowd, finally a place to vent our frustration at the season that still evades us. Surely, there is a case for Summertime Sadness to be the new Irish national anthem?

whoever wrote this...i just wanna talk

it's just the way i feel

This article, though. Wasn't even her birthday (well, it might be ... she will probably change that too at some point)

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/lana-del-rey-s-birthday-gig-in-malahide-is-playful-one-minute-riotous-the-next-1.3934844

Jackie Onassis-goes-to-Eurovision

Gothic Prom Queen

Yeah maybe we should go write some fake ones

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Because she did a show I’ve seen before, I’m sorry but she puts zero effort into her live shows now, it’s sad

It's well known she does not really like performing.

She does it because she has to not because she wants to.

That is why she does the bare minimum 90% of the time.

It's really not an excuse, though.

Having a new stage design and/or setlist, for example, has nothing to do with stage fright or hating to perform in front of thousands of people. The only correlation that I can think of is that she hopes people will get bored and won't turn up.

Everyone knows that performing live is part of being a recording artist, and she actively sought to be one.

Before anyone wades in with the word of the year ("owe") - it's not about owing, although if she were to "owe" anyone anything, it would surely be the people who are giving up their time and money to go see her.

And she does the bare minimum with basically everything nowadays, not just live shows.

As an aside, she probably would've sold this show out had she released, or even announced, the album beforehand. There are definitely people who didn't bother going because they knew it'd be the same as always.

It's really not an excuse, though.

Having a new stage design and/or setlist, for example, has nothing to do with stage fright or hating to perform in front of thousands of people. The only correlation that I can think of is that she hopes people will get bored and won't turn up.

Everyone knows that performing live is part of being a recording artist, and she actively sought to be one.

Before anyone wades in with the word of the year ("owe") - it's not about owing, although if she were to "owe" anyone anything, it would surely be the people who are giving up their time and money to go see her.

And she does the bare minimum with basically everything nowadays, not just live shows.

As an aside, she probably would've sold this show out had she released, or even announced, the album beforehand. There are definitely people who didn't bother going because they knew it'd be the same as always.

sis thats the stage design from LATTM, shes only used it for that tour plus those few shows this summer. it makes no sense to design and produce a new stage design for like 5 shows.

i dont think shed sold out the show either way. its a 20k capacity venue, all GA, thats more than an arena. she didnt sell out LATTM so how would she sell out this show.

i do agree tho that the setlist needs a dramstic overhaul

image.png

When those two dancers dressed all in white came on to the stage at the start I was going "WTF?", I thought I had come to the wrong concert and Taylor Swift was playing instead. That's the kind of bull we'd expect from her. I thought Lana saw herself as geared to a more adult audience but she seems to be pandering to the teeny-boppers. She said at the start of one song "Shall we get our girlies out? I said to myself "Fuck no, please".

She should have more musicians as well, it's not like there wasn't room for them, the stage was massive.

Some people have said she played for longer on the US dates of this tour. If that is true then that's not good enough. The choice of songs was disappointing. Not enough from the more recent albums.

just been listening to a recording of the Change/Black Beauty/Y&B and Ride medley on YT and she sounded amazing - love the ad lib vocal riffs and the ways she changed some lyrics, almost started crying it looked like a good show 

I was not referring to you specifically. I am sure you are not a muppet. I meant some of her fans act in an immature manner and are a bit childish. Maybe I am getting too old.

? i didnt think you meant me lol I was curious what you meant by that 

Watched the videos, she seemed bored out of her mind. Nice vocals but barely any energy or movement. Don't understand why she continues to do these large set-ups when she doesn't like them. I would be bored too if I did the same bulk of songs every set with minor changes. These types of events just aren't for her kind of music. If she did more bops than ballads sure, but these huge festival goings aren't for 90 percent of her material. She suits much better in concert halls and smaller ampitheatres (not sure if places outside North America have amps?) 

When those two dancers dressed all in white came on to the stage at the start I was going "WTF?", I thought I had come to the wrong concert and Taylor Swift was playing instead. That's the kind of bull we'd expect from her. I thought Lana saw herself as geared to a more adult audience but she seems to be pandering to the teeny-boppers. She said at the start of one song "Shall we get our girlies out? I said to myself "Fuck no, please".

She should have more musicians as well, it's not like there wasn't room for them, the stage was massive.

Some people have said she played for longer on the US dates of this tour. If that is true then that's not good enough. The choice of songs was disappointing. Not enough from the more recent albums.

Yep, can't believe she wasn't on stage for longer than 65-70 minutes. This concert seemed pointless, the pandering to youngins in recent years is meh. She could've done 20 songs in 100 minutes if she had the motivation but I truly believe she doesn't care about her music (at least her past albums) anymore seeing as she doesn't take her career seriously. 

sis thats the stage design from LATTM, shes only used it for that tour plus those few shows this summer. it makes no sense to design and produce a new stage design for like 5 shows.

i dont think shed sold out the show either way. its a 20k capacity venue, all GA, thats more than an arena. she didnt sell out LATTM so how would she sell out this show.

i do agree tho that the setlist needs a dramstic overhaul

I wasn't suggesting that she should design a new stage just for this tour. The stage has looked basically the same for all of her tours. A screen in the middle with palm trees 'n' shit on the sides. The shit on the screen is always the same, too.

Yawn.

We all know she's capable of doing better, and it's frustrating.

The show was great, the atmosphere was really good and I particularly enjoyed Venice Bitch and the live debut of Doin' Time. Also, I had the most amazing time meeting all my fellow Lipsters again, and wow, Lana actually served a look! However, the fact that she keeps playing those one-hour shows, plus simply not singing parts of songs or even shortening them altogether is disappointing, especially if you keep in mind how much she charges for GA tickets. With pretty much any other artist, you get more for your money. But it's Lana... 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

The show was great, the atmosphere was really good and I particularly enjoyed Venice Bitch and the live debut of Doin' Time. Also, I had the most amazing time meeting all my fellow Lipsters again, and wow, Lana actually served a look! However, the fact that she keeps playing those one-hour shows, plus simply not singing parts of songs or even shortening them altogether is disappointing, especially if you keep in mind how much she charges for GA tickets. With pretty much any other artist, you get more for your money. But it's Lana... 

Exactly why I skip out on her concerts, watching them on YouTube gives me the same effect as seeing her live. Why would I pay to see a bunch of songs I've already seen her sing? 

Exactly. She needs to make a living and Lana's main income are shows not record sales. Nowadays it's like a job for her more then a passion.