Sign in to follow this  
nationalxanthem

Dublin, Ireland @ Malahide Castle - June 22, 2019

Wow thanks for posting the vids everyone. My take on things.

Even if you couldn't see a lot of the crowd I could hear them in a lot of the vids. That is my favorite part of any Lana footage I see. I love seeing the opening when she comes out and the crowd screams. Glad there was that one from that journalist or whatever he does. I get frustrated when so many clips from shows on YouTube are great and end 2 seconds after she is done. For me play it our 10 more seconds so I can hear the crowd!!!!!!

Lana seemed happy and the vocals sounded good considering that we are hearing something recorded from the audience and not a feed directly from her mike.

I have stated in my videos and on here that I am not a fan of Lana at festivals and these type of mega audience events. But people show up and make the best of it.

As far as the set list remember Lana is not our little possession and should cater to super fans with deep tracks etc. She is a huge name around the world and she needs to satisfy some sort of common denominator when she performs for those who buy tickets. I know most in the audience know all her album tracks anyway but I thing she has  to take a broader view. (and sometimes laziness may creep in)

The comments about security etc. are frustrating. I went through hell when I had the good fortune to see her at the House of Blues in Boston so I know how crazed Lana fans are. (I have seen her 5 times. I don't have the resources like "Win" to see her every time) The venues don't know who they are dealing with. (Watch what you say to me, careful who you're talking to!)

This is older but worth a watch if you want to see madness. Enjoy.

I agree getting front row is one of the most exhausting things ever... Mentally and physically lmao. I've been doing that for years for every concert I go and Lana's are are particularly death traps. Glad I run extremely fast and im tall x

i can't do it. firstly i'm extremely short and the anxiety would be too much for me. i only got to meet her last year because i stayed after since i was pretty sure she was going to come out. also, i've always wondered, what's the bathroom situation? like do people really hold it or just not drink anything and risk dehydration

she looked cute but i really miss her 2013-2014 concert style. the hair, shoes, and dresses/outfits were perfect i wanted to raid her closet

me too but I mostly miss her energy of these years 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

A security guard at a Coldplay concert forced us to stand up for several hours, even before the pre-bands were on stage, and it was raining and windy and ice cold. People were about to faint (I think one actually did) and one of the bands had to cancel their performance because the rain just kept pouring from the tent’s roof right onto their keyboard. I’m still surprised that I didn’t catch a cold or fever afterwards. And I’m surprised that my sis in law survived, she was not properly dressed, I thought she would get pneumonia afterwards but nope. :3

When I saw her live it was an Experience. They let us in either 2 or 3 hours early, massive venue, BOILING hot with the amount of people squashed in. The amount of water they had to hand out was ridiculous. I remember reading the thread on here and people were asking why people didn't just go and buy water- they sold water in cups for an extortionate amount, and right at the back. There was literally no way you'd get your place back. Me and my friend took turns hunching down so our legs could get something of a break lmaoo. I was barrier at my first concert and told myself I'd never do it again- the bruises and sore ribs from being shoved onto the barrier all night. Tbh it's nothing out of the ordinary to walk away from a concert with bruises and even cuts. It's shit but there's not really a way to make it much better.

locals only

When I saw her live it was an Experience. They let us in either 2 or 3 hours early, massive venue, BOILING hot with the amount of people squashed in. The amount of water they had to hand out was ridiculous. I remember reading the thread on here and people were asking why people didn't just go and buy water- they sold water in cups for an extortionate amount, and right at the back. There was literally no way you'd get your place back. Me and my friend took turns hunching down so our legs could get something of a break lmaoo. I was barrier at my first concert and told myself I'd never do it again- the bruises and sore ribs from being shoved onto the barrier all night. Tbh it's nothing out of the ordinary to walk away from a concert with bruises and even cuts. It's shit but there's not really a way to make it much better.

I don’t know what it’s like where you live, but security guards here usually let you sit down until the band is about to enter the stage. That guy at my Coldplay concert was not it.

All my other GA experiences have been fine. Sorry to hear about that experience you described, but yeah, I guess it’s sadly part of staying close. I think guards here have an obligation to hand out water at the front rows and tell people to back up to not squash someone, they’re usually pretty great.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I was at the gig and yes I agree with those who have said her set was too short. She came onstage at 9ish and finished at about 10.20 but I would say a good ten minutes of that was taken up mingling with the front row (I know she does that at all of her gigs) so it was really only just over an hour she played for. It's OK to do that if you have only one or two albums released but Lana now has the back catalogue to play a longer set so she should stretch it out a bit. Concert tickets are expensive and fans are entitled to get value for money.

I am going to see Eddie Vedder in a couple of weeks time and he will play for three hours (did last time anyway).

Lana's memory seems hazy too; she said she cried the last time she played in Dublin; it was actually in 2013 that happened (clip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdiGekiibQ0). She last played Dublin in 2016 (well it was County Laois actually).

Plus points; she played Doin' Time for the first time, it's a terrific song that I have been listening to a lot over the last few weeks. Also; she looked hawt  :)

Don't get me wrong I still respect Lana and think she is the No. 1 female artist in the word at present.

Btw yes there are a lot of muppets who are fans of Lana. The crowd around me proved that again last night. Glad I was able to walk home afterwards and not have to share a bus with them.

I was at the gig and yes I agree with those who have said her set was too short. She came onstage at 9ish and finished at about 10.20 but I would say a good ten minutes of that was taken up mingling with the front row (I know she does that at all of her gigs) so it was really only just over an hour she played for. It's OK to do that if you have only one or two albums released but Lana now has the back catalogue to play a longer set so she should stretch it out a bit. Concert tickets are expensive and fans are entitled to get value for money.

I am going to see Eddie Vedder in a couple of weeks time and he will play for three hours (did last time anyway).

Lana's memory seems hazy too; she said she cried the last time she played in Dublin; it was actually in 2013 that happened (clip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdiGekiibQ0). She last played Dublin in 2016 (well it was County Laois actually).

Plus points; she played Doin' Time for the first time, it's a terrific song that I have been listening to a lot over the last few weeks. Also; she looked hawt  :)

Don't get me wrong I still respect Lana and think she is the No. 1 female artist in the word at present.

Btw yes there are a lot of muppets who are fans of Lana. The crowd around me proved that again last night. Glad I was able to walk home afterwards and not have to share a bus with them.

wait what do u mean by "muppets"?  :blush:

wait what do u mean by "muppets"?  :blush:

I was not referring to you specifically. I am sure you are not a muppet. I meant some of her fans act in an immature manner and are a bit childish. Maybe I am getting too old.

It's a shame to hear her concerts are still so short. I saw her in 2012 and she played for about ~50mins which was understandable at the time because she only had 1 album out (officially anyway :creep:)  but that was 7 years ago and she's like 5 albums deep now meaning she has the content and experience to perform longer concerts. She should be performing for about 1.5 hours at a minimum + maybe 5-10mins of crowd interaction for the price of her tickets. I saw Leonard Cohen perform in 2013 and he played for 2.5 hours. Bruce Springsteen regularly plays 3 hour concerts. These are old men and they delivered the concert experience fans want. Even local indie bands play 90 min sets, I just assumed this was standard practice unless you're a brand new artist. Her performance lengths are fine for a festival set but not a whole solo concert.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Because she did a show I’ve seen before, I’m sorry but she puts zero effort into her live shows now, it’s sad

I'm glad I attended her concerts at her prime 2012-2013. I have no desires to see her now. All I want is the new album and the poetry book. That's it. 

I'm not paying to see a 50 min set with the same songs and the same back tracking vocals and the same stupid little dances. I'll save my money for a Beyonce show instead. 

giphy.gif

I genuinely don't understand why some of you are complaining.

Her looks, her vocals, the crowd interaction, the setlist, all of this was on point.

Who cares if she doesn't change the stage setting for festivals? It's not a new tour and she hasn't released her new album yet

I'm going to quote a friend, because I couldn't find any lies in their analysis, so:

She seems stuck in a time warp and obviously refuses to pay professionals to stage a new show for her. She just keeps doing the same thing over and over again, and her management is basically on autopilot and they wouldn't dare rock the boat.

I guess if she is still able to make money doing that and is still happy about it then I don't see her ever willing to change anything. But I don't see how long this can last. Either she is really lazy or surrounded by yes men/women who refuse to put anything new in front of her.

Some artists spend millions on giant shows - that is definitely not her. She seems like a cheapskate. She carts the same old beach chair and palms trees around for a decade. It's getting lame and she knows it. She needs to stop fucking around with teen bopper shit. She should be playing concert hall theaters for adults and hiring more musicians with other instruments.

Can you imagine Video Games with other instruments involved?

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I'm going to quote a friend, because I couldn't find any lies in their analysis, so:

your friend sounds like a hater of the highest order

giphy.gif