Sign in to follow this  
Peachycream

Lana spotted at Hillsong again - January 30, 2019

i'm in, how we doing this ladies?

hejtfhlkedlkc;

There's a new revolution, a loud evolution that I saw  :creep: 

but don't do it the gays here will kill u even though "its lana's choice and no one should care" well then if tmz reported on it no one should care if it's not that big a deal right? 

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

hejtfhlkedlkc;

There's a new revolution, a loud evolution that I saw  :creep: 

but don't do it the gays here will kill u even though "its lana's choice and no one should care" well then if tmz reported on it no one should care if it's not that big a deal right? 

oh girl we really this bored we wanna cause lana more negative controversy?  :bye:

When context is missing, anything goes. And thats what i dont like about the internet nowadays. We can choose to attach whatever story we want to someone's live. Or even their belief. And just assume the worst.

and then present those assumptions as facts to the masses. 

When context is missing, anything goes. And thats what i dont like about the internet nowadays. We can choose to attach whatever story we want to someone's live. Or even their belief. And just assume the worst.

da fuq are yall talking bout? :dafuq:

who's presenting what as fact? you realize this thread is 98% speculation right.... like can you not read between the lines?

the only thing we know forsure is that she visited a church two weeks in a row that protects pedophiles, pays rape victims to shut up, is homophobic and pro gay conversion therapy, and is pro revoking the rights to women's reproductive systems.

like literally no one said "I met Lana, she slapped me and called me a faggot" or "i was the banker that cashed the 10000$ check to Hillsong that Lana signed"

they don't hold aa meetings, bakesales, or church bazaars, so we're trying to make sense of it all. if you guys got a better explanation, instead of complaining like the others in here, maybe present your ideas before trying to tear us down, hmm? :what:

like are we not allowed to speculate lmaoo jesus fuck man :smokes3: I seriously think some of y'all come into this thread, look at two posts and then just decide to act edgy and cool and call everyone ridiculous without even trying to understand what we're discussing 

who's presenting what as fact? you realize this thread is 98% speculation right.... like can you not read between the lines?

the only thing we know forsure is that she visited a church two weeks in a row that protects pedophiles, pays rape victims to shut up, is homophobic and pro gay conversion therapy, and is pro revoking the rights to women's reproductive systems.

like literally no one said "I met Lana, she slapped me and called me a faggot" or "i was the banker that cashed the 10000$ check to Hillsong that Lana signed"

they don't hold aa meetings, bakesales, or church bazaars, so we're trying to make sense of it all. if you guys got a better explanation, instead of complaining like the others in here, maybe present your ideas before trying to tear us down, hmm? :what:

like are we not allowed to speculate lmaoo jesus fuck man :smokes3: I seriously think some of y'all come into this thread, look at two posts and then just decide to act edgy and cool and call everyone ridiculous without even trying to understand what we're discussing 

fucking hell, chill out a bit. no one's tearing anyone down. 

fucking hell, chill out a bit. no one's tearing anyone down. 

Sweetie I couldn't get more chill if I was an iced coffee. All I'm saying is you guys just came in here to say we were "attaching whatever story we want to someone's life" and "presenting those assumptions as facts to the masses."  rather than adding to the conversation in any sort of constructive way. If that isn't senseless slander meant to stray from the main ideas of this topic then Idk what is  :toofunny: I'm just not necessarily a fan of people trying to act like we're confined to the idea of being against Lana after you guys have only read two posts. It's just annoying

that group of fandoms that she always aswer should ask her about it... But they only ask about silly things like what vegetable u ate today? :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

I don't think it's fair to expect a group of teenagers who likely feel blessed that their icon is engaging with them directly to sacrifice this huge privilege -and for what? For her to leave the chat, block them and never talk to them again. I can't imagine her "answer" being anything other than a tantrum.

I'm not recommending this for anyone given the unpredictability of LDR (well maybe I would recommend it to Kanye West), but the way to question a *generic* Christian about their faith would be something like this (I imagine): "I have a spiritual void in my life and heard you go to Catholic church, what do you recommend about that faith that keeps you engaged in it". Christians are biased to want to convert (pardon the word) people to their religion, and at any rate, if they are *good* (i.e., the religion-independent sense of good), they should not lie in their answer. Assuming an answer is given, the asker could state they are homosexual and ask whether catholicism thinks that's a sin (it does, according to the head of Hillsong), at which point the *generic* Christian would have the opportunity to give their religion's views on the topic (obligatory given the question) and their own views (optionally). Their personal views, if given, could disagree with the church views.

The way I constructively read your comment and its subsequent criticism is there's not enough dwelling on what the best-case or other-case scenarios are, just the worst-case one. The criticism that followed seemed to be about wanting details on other cases. I posted a best-case scenario in the NFR pre-release thread (bad choice of threads, sorry):
Anne Rice is an example of a best-case scenario; that is, she is an artist that criticized and integrated her religious interests (Catholicism btw) into her art (only on occasion, though very, very prominently, imo). Also remember Martin Luther. He probably went to church but still ended up nailing his objections to church practices to its door and was excommunicated for his efforts. I'm not saying the worst-case scenarios won't happen (or aren't happening) with LDR, but give the other cases a chance. I would agree with everyone that it would be a real turn-off for her to financially support this church in any substantive and general way. And if people are worried about the church trying to use her celebrity as promo, that could be very risky for them given her art is still a free variable and can go contra their views (as I believe it already has, with the exception of National Anthem, the song,  lol).

There are also a lots of medium-case scenarios. Again from the other thread @kitchesque:
If it's not a convenience thing (proximity) that motivates her, it may be a pragmatics thing, such as this church being set up to handle celebrities (which would be annoyingly disruptive in smaller-- less controversial -- churches). As for religion, in general, it's interesting to me why LDR is interested in it. I'm guessing it's because of her fear of death, a possible fear of fucking up her life (i.e., not doing the right thing with it, as may be expressed  as a possibility, in the Coachella song), and (as you suggest) her wanting some kind of non-threatening social circle to occasionally schmooze in (e.g., booze/drug-free environment), but these are just speculations on my part. Also maybe her mom made her do it, as we know she was raised Catholic.
also thanks for the info in this post:
Hillsong also seem to have a tv station.

-------------------------

Like many have stated, we don't know what it means her going to this church, even repeatedly, because it depends on what she does in the future wrt LGBT sorts of issues. A simple guilt by association is arguably too simple. LDR, to my knowledge, has NOT advocated the church's specific "extracurricular" activities. However, if those activities are what are discussed --objectively/journalistically-- here and elsewhere, maybe she'll leave the church, or better yet, go all Martin-Luther on their asses. And she doesn't need to work with a church door to do that these days.

I'm not recommending this for anyone given the unpredictability of LDR (well maybe I would recommend it to Kanye West), but the way to question a *generic* Christian about their faith would be something like this (I imagine): "I have a spiritual void in my life and heard you go to Catholic church, what do you recommend about that faith that keeps you engaged in it". Christians are biased to want to convert (pardon the word) people to their religion, and at any rate, if they are *good* (i.e., the religion-independent sense of good), they should not lie in their answer. Assuming an answer is given, the asker could state they are homosexual and ask whether catholicism thinks that's a sin (it does, according to the head of Hillsong), at which point the *generic* Christian would have the opportunity to give their religion's views on the topic (obligatory given the question) and their own views (optionally). Their personal views, if given, could disagree with the church views.

That's...brilliant o.o

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

ugh i love your posts :wowcry:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

ugh i love your posts :wowcry:

love you :heart:

I just literally see people popping into here like

"hmmm what can I say that's edgy and against the pack so I can be apart of this conversation without reading any of the pages"

"oh! lemme say something about how the photos are photoshopped and Lana was actually at a greenscreen store, not that church! also that everyone in here is delusional, even though I didn't read what they're talking about, and that they're lying and making up stories!! that'll work!!"

tenor.gif?itemid=9435605

and it's just like 

gretchen-weiners-no-honey.gif.0a56926c53

if you wanna shit post just go to NFR thread like everyone else  :creep: this is concerning the woman we're all here for going to a known place that's against us, not about her sacrificing gays to make a tuna sandwich. like if it's not a big deal, why even post about us in this thread then? if it ain't a big deal just move on with your life and go be ignorant while shaking your ass to freak or something and not having a care in the world about anyone but yourself while we discuss the disgusting past of Hillsong 

Consider this Lana is a cult leader and we are her poorly controlled sheep. Her going to Hillsong is just to learn better tips in controlling us so we scream less and stop being so hyper. Maybe she’s getting a recipe for a mild Kool Aid to quiet us the fuck down.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Consider this Lana is a cult leader and we are her poorly controlled sheep. Her going to Hillsong is just to learn better tips in controlling us so we scream less and stop being so hyper. Maybe she’s getting a recipe for a mild Kool Aid to quiet us the fuck down.

honestly, so far that's the best explanation  :deadbanana:  

wat da fuq?

wat da fuq?

I mean look at it this way- generally in a cult, if you question the cult leader's decision, work bees will try and disengage your free thinking thoughts immediately and try to revert you back to being obedient, which is what has been happening lately in this thread with the die hard stans who would follow her down the rabbit hole getting mad at us for questioning Lana's authority :troll: