Sign in to follow this  
Peachycream

Lana spotted at Hillsong again - January 30, 2019

I've always hated cali mostly because of the unbearable heat but I have friends from LA and they're all normal? I mean obviously none of my friends are normal, but you know what I mean :um3: Even the ones who look like every insta thot baddie out there are actually very interesting, amazing people with substance. You can choose to look a certain way, follow some trends/fashions, even be part of a culture/subculture, and still be your own person, still do your own thing too. But our girl seems desperate to truly belong in a group, to be part of a crowd, to be part of something bigger than her. Lizzy's back y'all. So many people insist on glorifying Lizzy and everything she stands for while putting down the "Lana Del Rey persona". But "Lana" made it. Lana is the star, Lana is the leader, Lana is the trendsetter. Lizzy was a fan, a follower -of trends, cults groups, and people. And there is something so endearing about her, so adorable.... Her childlike naivety, her reckless abandon, her true lust for life and simultaneous disregard -even love- of danger. The way she'd let herself get hurt if it meant feeling alive... She reminds me of myself when I was in my early teens, and I think others feel this way too. But something we tend to gloss over is that she was a grown ass woman acting like that. And she was no late bloomer; she was adventurous enough to be sent away to boarding school, where the adventures apparently didn't stop. She turned 18, she turned 21, she turned 25, but adulthood was nowhere in sight for her. Still, she was 25. Now she's almost 35, and still going on 13. You can't be past 30 acting like a child! You can't be blindly following people, keeping your eyes firmly shut to avoid truths that would make you (gasp!) uncomfortable (god forbid you have to experience that), acting without thinking, and not giving a fuck about the consequences of your actions. At 35, you can't still be living the "sure, whatever, sounds cool" life. You can't still be falling for gurus sis  :um: At some point, you have to take life into your own hands. Her blatant refusal to grow the fuck up is beyond frustrating. It's like she had a brief taste of adulthood and then noped the fuck back to her china palace. She can't take responsibility for anything...she can't even take criticism. And her little Hillsong stint just proves she's willing to be a follower if it means not being held accountable for anything. She'd rather feel protected than free. 

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, I'm PMSing and that always affects my tone lol. But tone aside, this is truly what I believe.

while i don't necessarily agree that being an adult is synonym with, or even a reason for, acting responsibly or maturely (especially when you have no children or partner or anyone else depending on you - i mean, that's an actual life choice, to choose to have no strings attached in order to have the freedom to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't harm anyone but yourself), i think your assessment of Lana vs Lizzy is on point. i'd even go as far as saying that not even Lana was ever a true leader because Lizzy has always been lurking beneath the surface & the only thing that varies is to what extent she's allowed to show herself.

Ok I made a test with Gods n Monsters availability in Spotify (free account). Its available in US, Canada, Germany. Its not playable in most European countries, including the UK and France. HOW RANDOM. Why just this song and why just some countries?  :crossed: It seems like Polydor UK let her delete the song but Interscope US (Vertigo Berlin) said: No, m´dam.

over the past few months a lot of songs were unavailable for weeks here in germany (west coast, once upon a dream, ultraviolence - http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/statuses/user/19742-mid-july/?status_id=151287) and then after a while they were back up so no, she didn't 'delete' it. will probably be available again soon for you. 

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/10287-big-eyes-i-can-fly-removed-from-spotify/

Ok, I agree guys but did you JUST realize Lana is not a very... morally inclined person?  :tsk: I mean, attending an ENVIRONMENTAL event with a FUR COAT. Singing "c'mon you know you like little girls" ? Romantizising Lolita. Doing a photoshoot with Terry Richardson. Saying proudly that she sleeps with married men and many other big or small things. I've learned since the beginning that it's either take it or leave it with her. The complaints are fair and understandable. But you can't act surprised.

She could have spent her money on something much more beneficial and progressive

she could've payed for my university tuition  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Eh if she keeps it up I'm not gonna unstan, I'm just not gonna buy or stream her shit and pirate it all instead :makeup: Take that sis!

lana won't give a shit if you bought her stuff or not so go ahead lmfao :deadbanana:  :deadbanana: 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

while i don't necessarily agree that being an adult is synonym with, or even a reason for, acting responsibly or maturely (especially when you have no children or partner or anyone else depending on you - i mean, that's an actual life choice, to choose to have no strings attached in order to have the freedom to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't harm anyone but yourself), i think your assessment of Lana vs Lizzy is on point. i'd even go as far as saying that not even Lana was ever a true leader because Lizzy has always been lurking beneath the surface & the only thing that varies is to what extent she's allowed to show herself.

Real life isn't the Sims, I'm not saying people should transform into Mature Responsible AdultsTM  on their 18th or 21st birthday. But you can't ignore every lesson life throws your way. You can't refuse to learn, you HAVE to learn. Or you'll never make any progress, you'll never grow as a person. If you do learn from your mistakes and your experiences, maturity will come naturally. Some people don't get to have a childhood, some people are forced to grow up faster than others. And then you have those who've lived more sheltered and/or uneventful lives, and don't really start "living" until their 20s. But I don't consider it normal or healthy to be 35 acting like a little girl. Leave the ageplay in the fucking bedroom sis :lanasrs2: 

If she is donating money to Hillsong, then she is hurting others. But we have no way of knowing that, so let's leave it at that. The Hillsong thing is recent anyway. Say she's only hurting herself. Do we not care about her? I'm not here for the music. I've been listening to Kiss my whole life and I can't tell you 5 things about Paul Stanley as a person. I don't give a fuck. But I care about Lana, I feel a connection to her. I can't imagine myself even tolerating songs like Venice Bitch, Put Me In A Movie, My Song 57, etc from an artist I merely liked. I don't see Lana as a music machine. If I had to choose between her living the life I feel she deserves but never making another song, or her dating abusive junkie after abusive junkie and making 20 more Ultraviolence-level records, it would be the easiest choice I've ever had to make. In most cases, I'm perfectly capable of separating a product from its creator. I listen to artists I hate all the time, even artists who I know personally, who I know first hand ain't shit. I'll listen to your songs but fuck you bitch. I'll shit talk you in celeb gossip groups, make fun of you every time you fuck up in your personal life, and not give a fuck what you pop, shoot or snort. Ruin your life any way you like boo :kiss3:  

I'm not sitting over here eating my pop corn watching her spiral out of control. Cackling every time I see a new Hillsong thread pop up, because I'll get to roast some famous bitch and her bad choices once again. This isn't pettiness poorly concealed as concern. I'm not wOrRiEd aBoUt hEr, I'm worried about her.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

She will when she’s the one looking for a stranger to hand her a Pepsi after her income landslides

She will be just fine actually and won't lose anything. You act like the entire world is suddenly against her but that isn't even close to the reality. Losing few fans won't affect her in the slightest. Most people don't even care whether Lana went to that church or not. They don't give a fuck period. They are there for her music not for what she does in her personal life/free time. Everyone will forget about it once the album drops. If you think that she will go broke and looking for a hand to hand her a pepsi just for that Hillsong shit I have to laugh real hard. And let me tell u something, theres so many artists, rockstars that have been awful ppl themselves,they beat their gfs/doing really shitty things but they also have their careers going great with money flowing. You know why? Because their fans don't care, they only care for the music.

Lana's fanbase isn't all lgbt, lots of her fanbase including lgbt ppl are just there for her music. They don't give a shit for what she does in her private/free time. A bunch of fans whining for hillsong won't change anything at all. She stays unbothered.

She will be just fine actually and won't lose anything. You act like the entire world is suddenly against her but that isn't even close to the reality. Losing few fans won't affect her in the slightest. Most people don't even care whether Lana went to that church or not. They don't give a fuck period. They are there for her music not for what she does in her personal life/free time. Everyone will forget about it once the album drops. If you think that she will go broke and looking for a hand to hand her a pepsi just for that Hillsong shit I have to laugh real hard. And let me tell u something, theres so many artists, rockstars that have been awful ppl themselves,they beat their gfs/doing really shitty things but they also have their careers going great with money flowing. You know why? Because their fans don't care, they only care for the music.

Lana's fanbase isn't all lgbt, lots of her fanbase including lgbt ppl are just there for her music. They don't give a shit for what she does in her private/free time. A bunch of fans whining for hillsong won't change anything at all. She stays unbothered.

“Lana's fanbase isn't all lgbt, lots of her fanbase including lgbt ppl are just there for her music”. Hahahaha I laughed. Who are you kidding most of them are gay sis are you blind lol Have you seen her live? Look around you next time and tell me most people are straight.

I was half joking about the Pepsi thing although I admit it wasn’t obvious or that funny...

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

The way the celebrities talk about it- I get cult vibes. I studied cults for a sec in college, and religion in general can be used to manipulate vulnerable people. Real talk- celebrities are endorsing it, so either they’re too dumb to realize it or not, but they’re being used by the church to get more recognition and get more ordinary people to join them. I’ve always trusted my instincts, and I never liked the group of celeb women she started hanging out with recently. The “insta baddie” jokes- yeah, Lana can be silly like that sometimes- but the people she’s now surrounding herself with give me shallow, vapid influencer vibes. Like they’re gravitating toward this church along with other big celebs because they’re trying to find something “meaningful”. It isn’t that obviously. Hillsong has malicious intentions and it really gives me an impression of it being a cult so I won’t be surprised if more tragedy behind the scenes is revealed later on. Lana really thought she progressed and cut toxic people out of her life, but that isn’t true since she’s now involving herself in her new friends’ interest.

wow, i really didn't think anything like this. but i totally get it. i don't want to make her friends seem like the "bad guys" but... you honestly never know.

After thinking about this all day I think I have come to the conclusion that, like some of you have said, she seems to be quite insecure at the moment about herself. I guess it is this insecurity which makes it seem like she has a deep need to belong somewhere and feel part of something to help her feel less insecure. I would imagine her new friends are going to this church, and she goes with them to feel part of something and to strengthen her friendships. I am assuming she does not know Hillsong's past and has not researched it, probably because she has not even suspected there is a reason to - why would her friends engage in something with such a twisted past and present? She seems like she could be quite easily influenced as well, which would just make it more likely that she will follow what her friends do.

Of course, this does not make it right that she is going. But what I am saying is that, I agree with @LanaFlowers that there is probably something going on inside herself (insecurity, loneliness, etc) which may lead her down the wrong path (which she has done many times before - alcoholism, abusive relationships). I really don't think she would go to this church, knowing their views, and donate to them - maybe I am wrong, but I just can't see her doing it. I think she is just looking for meaning in life and personal value - not going about it the right way, but I am sure she will realise this as she has done in the past.

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

“Lana's fanbase isn't all lgbt, lots of her fanbase including lgbt ppl are just there for her music”. Hahahaha I laughed. Who are you kidding most of them are gay sis are you blind lol Have you seen her live? Look around you next time and tell me most people are straight.

I was half joking about the Pepsi thing although I admit it wasn’t obvious or that funny...

a lot of her fans are girls and casual fans, its not majority of her fanbase being lgbt. Just because u see lots of gays huddling in her live shows doesn't mean its all the fans there. Even with BTD era, it wasn't the gay fans making her popular. It was tumblr girls making her popular way before the gays found out they can b0p b0p b0p to her songs.

Yeah I figured what u tried to do with the pepsi thing eventho it wasn't rly glaringly obvious but anyways.

And like I said, there is far worse artists that have done really shitty things/beating their gfs like the rockstars I mentioned, and they have their fanbases just fine and selling also just fine. Because ultimately the fans don't care. They are there for the music.

Same goes for Lana's fanbase. Even if she loses some fans now she is also gaining other fans at the same time. So really, she won't be affected.

But I don't consider it normal or healthy to be 35 acting like a little girl.

If she is donating money to Hillsong, then she is hurting others. But we have no way of knowing that, so let's leave it at that.

This isn't pettiness poorly concealed as concern. I'm not wOrRiEd aBoUt hEr, I'm worried about her.

i actually think that even if she isn't donating money to hillsong, she's still hurting people by associating with & supporting an organization with those core values, especially since it's not one she was raised into (unlike, say, the catholic church) but one she actually got to choose.

but my comment wasn't specifically about hillsong, but generally about people/fan's expectations re: her behavior just because she's this or that age. i'm not saying that's her case, but some people are self-destructive and immature right until the end and that's got nothing to do with age. also the notion of a life worth living is very different from person to person, so any of us would just be projecting our own ideals of a fulfilling life onto her. (not to mention that all our assumptions come from a very small glimpse of her life that we have mostly via social media.)

any of us can feel concern and express it, but ultimately it's her life and choices and i 100% respect that whether i disagree with them or not (as i would anyone else's). i also feel that, morally wrong as it undoubtedly is, people are overreacting when it comes to the meaning of this hillsong debacle by treating it as sign of catastrophe or of a life spiraling out of control when we have no idea about her reasons for doing it or what's going on in her life right now.

I don't know that I have much of an opinion unless/until there's some evidence that she's a regular. Even then, as someone with my own complicated relationship with religion, I'm not sure what I'd think about it. I wouldn't be able to capture it without meandering into a long-winded tangent about my own issues with religion.

Fuck, I'm going to have to write a big thing about this at some point, aren't I?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

i actually think that even if she isn't donating money to hillsong, she's still hurting people by associating with & supporting an organization with those core values, especially since it's not one she was raised into (unlike, say, the catholic church) but one she actually got to choose.

but my comment wasn't specifically about hillsong, but generally about people/fan's expectations re: her behavior just because she's this or that age. i'm not saying that's her case, but some people are self-destructive and immature right until the end and that's got nothing to do with age. also the notion of a life worth living is very different from person to person, so any of us would just be projecting our own ideals of a fulfilling life onto her. (not to mention that all our assumptions come from a very small glimpse of her life that we have mostly via social media.)

any of us can feel concern and express it, but ultimately it's her life and choices and i 100% respect that whether i disagree with them or not (as i would anyone else's). i also feel that, morally wrong as it undoubtedly is, people are overreacting when it comes to the meaning of this hillsong debacle by treating it as sign of catastrophe or of a life spiraling out of control when we have no idea about her reasons for doing it or what's going on in her life right now.

You do have a point there sadly.

I've spent most of my life around middle aged screw ups. Just because it happens it doesn't make it acceptable, or right. Would you be as angry with your 3 year old child for not picking up after themselves as you would be with an adult roommate? Would you expect a 12 year old to be just as sensible and responsible as a 40 year old? I certainly wouldn't. Society doesn't either. Certain behaviors are expected from certain age brackets. And I'm not talking about going to college, buying a house, getting married, etc etc. There are incredibly mature children and incredibly immature senior citizens out there. But from what I've gathered it is not the norm, or what's expected.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.