Sign in to follow this  
Peachycream

Lana spotted at Hillsong again - January 30, 2019

Fuck, I'm going to have to write a big thing about this at some point, aren't I?

don't forget to mention Lana's weird past with that Guru cult guy who surrounded himself with pretty girls and believed in tearing down people to build them back up which she wrote Butterflies part 2 about and now she's going to a weird cult church with pretty girls and writing about catching butterflies (HIAB) again!

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

don't forget to mention Lana's weird past with that Guru cult guy who surrounded himself with pretty girls and believed in tearing down people to build them back up which she wrote Butterflies part 2 about and now she's going to a weird cult church with pretty girls and writing about catching butterflies (HIAB) again!

Your post about it had me SHOOK. :raven:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

In typical Lana Del Rey fashion, the singer told Grazia that the song had its foundations in truth. "I used to be a member of an underground sect which was reigned by a guru," she said. "He surrounded himself with young girls and he had this insane charisma I couldn't resist as well. So I was in this, I'll call it sect, because I was longing for love and security."

Continuing, she added: "But then I found out that this guru wasn't a good but a bad person. He thought that he had to break people first before he could build them up again. At the end I left the sect."

https://www.digitalspy.com/music/a815836/the-surprising-stories-behind-six-of-lana-del-reys-biggest-hits/

In typical Lana Del Rey fashion, the singer told Grazia that the song had its foundations in truth. "I used to be a member of an underground sect which was reigned by a guru," she said. "He surrounded himself with young girls and he had this insane charisma I couldn't resist as well. So I was in this, I'll call it sect, because I was longing for love and security."

Continuing, she added: "But then I found out that this guru wasn't a good but a bad person. He thought that he had to break people first before he could build them up again. At the end I left the sect."

https://www.digitalspy.com/music/a815836/the-surprising-stories-behind-six-of-lana-del-reys-biggest-hits/

What confuses me the most is her parents seem so loving and caring. Like why does she need to keep seeking love and security in others. Did her siblings get more attention? Is it just a personality disorder/depression? I just don’t really get it. It’s like she’s throwing herself into these situations for no clear reason. Rob seems so nice and patty (her parents). ...what went wrong for her to think like this? Maybe her happy perfect rich life was too boring for her?

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

No but seriously, the references in HIAB ties in nicely with all this

"I used to be a member of an underground sect which was reigned by a guru," she said. "He surrounded himself with young girls and he had this insane charisma I couldn't resist as well. So I was in this, I'll call it sect, because I was longing for love and security."

Happiness is a butterfly
We should catch it while dancing, I
Lose myself in the music, baby
Everyday is a lullaby
Try to catch it like lightning, I
Sing it into my music, I'm crazy

If he is a serial killer
Then what's the worst, that could happen to a girl
Who's already hurt
I'm already hurt
If he is as bad as they say
Then I guess I'm cursed
Looking into his eyes
I think he's already hurt
He's already hurt

vs

You're hot for God, but we all got a hunch that
Maybe you've gone astray
Control yourself, but it's so hard
When you can look so good on Sunday
I know he knows that I knew what he's thinking
I know he knows
I know he knows that what he's doing is wrong
But I just tell him "Go on, sing a sad song."

My baby has an eye for pretty things, pretty things
He thinks that little girls are butterflies and clips their wings
Sicko, psycho, sicko, but he's my beau
Puts them on a roller coaster, lures them in with Coca-Cola!

Boy, you've been catching butterflies
All the girls believe your lies, don't they?
Boy, you can pin me up if you like
A pin-up in a lonely sky, baby
You give me butterflies
You're catchin' butterflies
You give me butterflies, I'm fluttering, fluttering high

also 

"I used to be a member of an underground sect which was reigned by a guru,"

Ties in well with Hope lyrics about being with the Bowery bums after being in a church basement. I mean Hillsong NYC is a 12 minute drive or a 20 minute bus ride from Bowery, and I'd say Hillsong is an underground sect to me!

It's all speculation but it would be interesting if Lana was a Hillsong member all along. But who knows! Also don't roast me it's just a theory :oprah:

What confuses me the most is her parents seem so loving and caring. Like why does she need to keep seeking love and security in others. Did her siblings get more attention? Is it just a personality disorder/depression? I just don’t really get it. It’s like she’s throwing herself into these situations for no clear reason. Rob seems so nice and patty (her parents). ...what went wrong for her to think like this? Maybe her happy perfect rich life was too boring for her?

I always thought it was because Lana was pretty privileged and sheltered growing up, and perhaps she eventually mixed with different people and felt out of place compared to them, so she decided to kinda delve into the darker sided stuff to seem more...experienced and edgy? Who knows.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I always thought it was because Lana was pretty privileged and sheltered growing up, and perhaps she eventually mixed with different people and felt out of place compared to them, so she decided to kinda delve into the darker sided stuff to seem more...experienced and edgy? Who knows.

That makes somewhat sense I guess

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

the pnw is not it...the seattle freeze says hi   :awk:

Eh. I moved here 2 years ago and have made a ton of friends and companions. The freeze isn't something I've experienced at all. Neither has my husband or my friend who recently moved out here. Most people I talk to agree that it's just a myth. 

makes sense, Sarah is an Aquarius and they're the second worst sign out there so she must be part of that church

i get what you mean, but it still stings that a woman with a largely gay fanbase is potentially using profit she receives from us to support organizations that rally against us

well its still money we're sending her way that she (may) be using to help that church 

i get what y'all are saying i just don't anyone blaming themselves for buying something that gave them enjoyment

Oh shit there's even a "sisterhood" ......  :toofunny:  :hdu:

https://hillsong.com/nyc/sisterhood/

the fact that their aesthetic is like a tedtalk/start up is loud in of itself and embarrassing

jesus actually didn't die for this lol

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

that group of fandoms that she always aswer should ask her about it... But they only ask about silly things like what vegetable u ate today? :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

I don't think it's fair to expect a group of teenagers who likely feel blessed that their icon is engaging with them directly to sacrifice this huge privilege -and for what? For her to leave the chat, block them and never talk to them again. I can't imagine her "answer" being anything other than a tantrum.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I can't imagine her "answer" being anything other than a tantrum.

that's what is upsetting though, i feel like she could easily say something to clear this whole thing up, but if she did its going to be something along the lines of "my life is my life i don't appreciate you all assuming and making false claims" or whatever.

Eh. I moved here 2 years ago and have made a ton of friends and companions. The freeze isn't something I've experienced at all. Neither has my husband or my friend who recently moved out here. Most people I talk to agree that it's just a myth. 

im a native seattlielite and have lived in nyc for 8ish months and the contrasts between the social culture of the pnw and new york are jarring. its definitely thing- not a myth. glad you haven't experienced it though 

im a native seattlielite and have lived in nyc for 8ish months and the contrasts between the social culture of the pnw and new york are jarring. its definitely thing- not a myth. glad you haven't experienced it though 

It may just be my move from the midwest, since they're a bunch of assholes there.  :pft: