Sign in to follow this  
Peachycream

Lana spotted at Hillsong again - January 30, 2019

I mean look at it this way- generally in a cult, if you question the cult leader's decision, work bees will try and disengage your free thinking thoughts immediately and try to revert you back to being obedient, which is what has been happening lately in this thread with the die hard stans who would follow her down the rabbit hole getting mad at us for questioning Lana's authority :troll:

Like every time you say something critical especially of a song you get burnt alive at the steak while stans shout ‘Lana is great Lana is god’

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Consider this Lana is a cult leader and we are her poorly controlled sheep. Her going to Hillsong is just to learn better tips in controlling us so we scream less and stop being so hyper. Maybe she’s getting a recipe for a mild Kool Aid to quiet us the fuck down.

:wowcry:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

@Peroxide

I understood nothing from the post

but anyway... I like Lana but I am not a sheep

and do not love/like anyone blindly

She could just go there to blow some choir boys - don't care

it is wrong to blow them in THAT church

go and get a dick somewhere else

If only she was after a dick ... everything will be ok

et toq!

I was saying cult culture, is blindly following something/someone. There's a good majority of stans on here who would follow Lana through whatever, so I was joking and saying in a way you could call us a cult, because the followers will try their hardest to persuade everyone into not questioning the higher up's authority. I can't explain it more than that  :deadbanana:

also when did this turn into Lana getting dick at Hillsong  :toofunny:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

@Peroxide

I understood nothing from the post

but anyway... I like Lana but I am not a sheep

and do not love/like anyone blindly

She could just go there to blow some choir boys - don't care

it is wrong to blow them in THAT church

go and get a dick somewhere else

If only she was after a dick ... everything will be ok

et toq!

tenor.gif?itemid=9210254

She's frequently used Christian-based symbols even before what might be her becoming indoctrinated to that awful place, so I'm not sure if she's entirely referring to the church itself, although it's also hard telling. 

I've stood by all the way back to "Born to Die" that this girl has always had some serious religious-based personal conflict. I mean, she took a philosophy major. The majority of the people I know who go that route are usually - eventually - out of their Narnia closet as C.S. Lewis stans. 

From a Vogue article:

what do you mean by the CS Lewis? idk much about comedians

It's just an observation; I'm not trying to judge, but she seems so restless. As if she's having some sort of identity crisis. Idk

I think she literally is having a identity/existencial crisis. I had two in 2017 and they were not fun, especially I, as someone who has never been able to fit into a group of people. These groups acknoledge my existance but they never really included me in activities or discussions (and its not like I'm ab-normal per say). I'm always put on the sideline no matter how hard I try to assimilate (and I think me assimilating so much  a la Electra Heart has don me bad for my mental health) im only 22 but I always feel tired, bored, lazy for no reason.

I think lana is going through the same rn cz she probably expected to have a man and a stable adult life by now in the mountains of New York as a truly non-controversial international artist (or it could be sum else, idk), not be a IG baddie in Cali at 33. Since her expectation has not been met with what she wanted her life path to be, shes probably just wildin out now.

So many people insist on glorifying Lizzy and everything she stands for while putting down the "Lana Del Rey persona". But "Lana" made it. Lana is the star, Lana is the leader, Lana is the trendsetter. Lizzy was a fan, a follower -of trends, cults groups, and people. And there is something so endearing about her, so adorable....

I have never thought about this, youre so damn right. loving all of the posts you wrote in here 

I don't think it's fair to expect a group of teenagers who likely feel blessed that their icon is engaging with them directly to sacrifice this huge privilege -and for what? For her to leave the chat, block them and never talk to them again. I can't imagine her "answer" being anything other than a tantrum.

I wouldn't be surprised if she went off online to us Azealia Banks style 

idk it seems like almost every star these days has some problematic belief or practice and i'm tired of worrying abt it

i know it's dismissive but as long as the music doesn't suffer -- the only reason this is even a blip on my radar -- I'll live

#LetNFRBeGoodPlease

o4qjp4j.png

What's the controversy behind CS Lewis? I ask bc I was a HUGE Narnia fan during my pre-teen years and I loved his work

He was a Christian author and theologian throughout his career, while his later years were more agnostic, but very much a Christian apologist. He's become a sort of hero in modern Christian groups because he managed to bridge Christianity and secularism in a way to where they don't have to give up their faith in a modern world that disproves them. 

The Narnia series uses the Christian Bible and its stories as the blueprint for its own material. (Aslan the Lion = God/Jesus, etc.)

idk it seems like almost every star these days has some problematic belief or practice and i'm tired of worrying abt it

i know it's dismissive but as long as the music doesn't suffer -- the only reason this is even a blip on my radar -- I'll live

#LetNFRBeGoodPlease

I know sweetie but it just sucks when it's your fave

And to me it kinda sucks that everyones dismissive cause its sorta like "well, Lana can do whatever she wants, I'm just here for the music" but then when it comes to people like Azealia Banks everyone is like "her music is good but what she does ruins it" it's like there's a hypocrisy going on. I'm not necessarily saying everything Lana does is our business, but when the woman's house is literally built from coins from her fans, and she's attending a known homophobic/pedophile church, you start to question things. the more info that gets out about this, the more we'll know. But again, I don't particularly support the idea of following Lana blinding solely because the music is good :sadcore:

I just hope if any other news comes out that further equates to the idea that Lana has knowledge on the circumstances, that fans won't brush it off simply because the beats give them life :biblio:

But again, I don't particularly support the idea of following Lana blinding solely because the music is good :sadcore:

I just hope if any other news comes out that further equates to the idea that Lana has knowledge on the circumstances, that fans won't brush it off simply because the beats give them life :biblio:

I agree. I've been following this thread and I think you've been a good voice of reason. I've stopped listening to artists I held dear before because of things they've done, I find it hard to enjoy someone's music if they do something that I find deplorable because it just sits in the back of my head when I try to listen to their songs.

I'm not there with Lana yet, not even close - just saying I agree with not following anyone blindly, no matter how much you like them. It isn't healthy. This whole Hillsong mess has me worried though. I gotta say it's the first time I feel like I've lost a bit of respect for her. I'd be extremely sad if I lost the ability to enjoy my favorite artist of seven years.

I agree. I've been following this thread and I think you've been a good voice of reason. I've stopped listening to artists I held dear before because of things they've done, I find it hard to enjoy someone's music if they do something that I find deplorable because it just sits in the back of my head when I try to listen to their songs.

I'm not there with Lana yet, not even close - just saying I agree with not following anyone blindly, no matter how much you like them. It isn't healthy. This whole Hillsong mess has me worried though. I gotta say it's the first time I feel like I've lost a bit of respect for her. I'd be extremely sad if I lost the ability to enjoy my favorite artist of seven years.

I'm just glad some people know I'm not here to drag Lana down, I just wanna know what da fuq is going on lmao :biblio: Cause I'm worried for her and also worried that she might know of Hillsong's past and still not care, but like I said we really don't know! That's why it's all left down to speculation 

I just really dislike the people in here saying they couldn't care less, because that means they don't care about the well being of others, and also don't care about Lana's well being. They shouldn't even call themselves stans if they don't care if Lana is put into a bad predicament and all they want is music. That's just an asshole lmao :awkney2: But then I'm the insensitive one as they put it :thumb3:

the fact that their aesthetic is like a tedtalk/start up is loud in of itself and embarrassing

jesus actually didn't die for this lol

I always hated how a lot of megachurches had like a corporate vibe. Or were more interested in perpetuating white, white collar, suburban, bourgeoisie values or making such people feel comfortable than doing anything remotely resembling following Jesus. Comfort valued about all else. If you're not, as a pastor, regularly making your congregation feel uncomfortable you're not doing it right.

what do you mean by the CS Lewis? idk much about comedians

I LOLed at work. Man, confusing CS Lewis with Louis CK is the funniest shit I've read in awhile. Whew.

(BTW it's wild that Louis CK's publicist's name was Lewis Kay.)

I guess I'm genuinely curious why specifically you're interested in my opinion on this particular subject.

Now that I think about it, the person whose opinion about all this I'd be most curious to read is @PrettyBaby.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

#LetNFRBeGoodPlease

i kinda agree with you, i'm not happy about her going there, but i don't really worry about it, at least for now. and the main reason for that is because she doesn't seem like a very consistent person to me. i obviously don't know her personally, but that's how i see her, she always picks things up and then drops them. so i'm guessing this new religious phase (if we can even call it that) will only last a few months at worst, and then it will probably go away 

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

@TRENCH

Not Louis C.K. :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis

ohhh that one.. AKDKSD

I always hated how a lot of megachurches had like a corporate vibe.

-----

I LOLed at work. Man, confusing CS Lewis with Louis CK is the funniest shit I've read in awhile. Whew.

(BTW it's wild that Louis CK's publicist's name was Lewis Kay.)

my mom (and dad as well) is a Christian and hasn't bothered to attend a church in almost 10 years bc they're all give off this fake vibe. She said until she finds a place she's comfortable with, she's not gonna bother going to church. especially with so many pastors who are wanna-be's or hypocrites. AND the fact that they now feel like corporations, bc obviously most of these mega churches are in it for the moey and manipulation, they could give 2 fks about you, your problems, or your relationship with god.

even when I was a kid I never felt a connection or comprehension for religion. when we started attending again in 2012 (last time was 2006) I felt so out of place.. all these kids making religion top priority when there are other things to worry/occupy yourself with. im not bashing anyone who is a devout follower, I just know that organized religion/cult/anything is just not for me.

----

and I try my best to make everyone laugh  :kiss3:

overall I think we just need to wait to see what lana is really there for.. she could be doing it for shits n giggles for all we know