Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

but she treats me like  :hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu: is probably the extent of it

the fucking emojis sdklfnsdfksdSDMKLFHFLSKFH  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

How to Disappear the worst one

imagine thinking there's a worst song on the album

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Im jasmine masters and i have something to say... here's my album ranking after a few listens now.. best to worst (new songs only)

1. Love Song (the holy grail of lana's character)

2. Cinnamon Girl (dark, sexual masterpiece)

3. Norman Fucking Rockwell (beautiful intro)

4. California (wonderfully sad)

5. Fuck it I love you (interesting and different for lana)

6. The greatest (ehhh, its alright)

7. Happiness is a butterfly (the exact same song we've heard for 2 years but... ok, still good)

8. How to dissapear (cute song)

9. The next best american record (seriously pointless)

10. bartender (the most dull song on any of her albums)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Im jasmine masters and i have something to say... here's my album ranking after a few listens now.. best to worst (new songs only)

1. Love Song (the holy grail of lana's character)

2. Cinnamon Girl (dark, sexual masterpiece)

3. Norman Fucking Rockwell (beautiful intro)

4. California (wonderfully sad)

5. Fuck it I love you (interesting and different for lana)

6. The greatest (ehhh, its alright)

7. Happiness is a butterfly (the exact same song we've heard for 2 years but... ok, still good)

8. How to dissapear (cute song)

9. The next best american record (seriously pointless)

10. bartender (the most dull song on any of her albums)

I ghost wrote this post

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

this Alexis-Petridis.jpg?width=140&quality=85 is the sexist goblin at the guardian who gave nfr a bad review???  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

no wonder he's sexist, every woman hes known has turned him down (including his mother)

If his review is sexist, dont even dare to read the review by this pig Neil_McCormick-small.png

I just got wine drunk with my boyfriend (who isn’t a big Lana stan like me and hadn’t heard any of the tracks outside a couple of the singles), and we danced to the whole album on vinyl. He started crying during Love Song and stayed crying through Cinnamon Girl and said it felt like we were dancing at our wedding, and for that experience alone this album is 10/10 Lana’s best work.

If his review is sexist, dont even dare to read the review by this pig Neil_McCormick-small.png

why do old men keep reviewing her music? like there's a 99% chance they won't get it, the music is not for them. I don't want them to listen to it idc  :crossed:

why do old men keep reviewing her music? like there's a 99% chance they won't get it, the music is not for them. I don't want them to listen to it idc  :crossed:

I dont have a problem with them reviewing pop albums. But at least do objective criticism and not just drag her persona in very sexist way in most of the article.

I dont have a problem with them reviewing pop albums. But at least do objective criticism and not just drag her persona in very sexist way.

at this point I think they're incapable of separating art from the artist.

I feel attacked  :P

But seriously, it's not their age so much as that they have a preconceived idea of what a 'pop' record should be, particularly those put out by women, and they don't judge the records on their own merits. And they're still going on about 'persona' because some artist uses a name different to what was on their birth certificate, ignoring the fact that every one (and I mean every single one of their sacred male artists (whether Van Morrison, David Bowie, Oasis, Nick Cave, Ryan Adams, or whoever the hell you want to name) were also building and hiding behind an artistic persona. That the Guardian - which pretends to be this bastion of 'right on' and progressive thinking, is still following such a sexist and ridiculously old fashioned frame of mind when it comes to music, is depressing but about what is to be expected.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Everyone on twitter is going on about how they have a new collection of sugar daddy anthems (like they do with every new Lana album) and it’s cringey and I feel secondhand embarrassment for all of them. I hate that this is what everyone reduces Lana’s art to.

I know right? That's already how the general republic sees her, and they're just making it worse! Sometimes I just wanna scream and be like "ARE Y'ALL EVEN FANS???"

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif