Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

mess @ me only realizing now that  i left out Lust For Life. :rip:

i'm fine tho.

Z3UFbp2.gif

lmaoo i cant at you remembering AKA (which is not part of her discography) but forgetting LFL   :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

mess @ me only realizing now that  i left out Lust For Life. :rip:

i'm fine tho.

Z3UFbp2.gif

whats a lust for life sounds gross 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Yes, I too did not expect this for HTD. BUT,this version is very nice too. It's like a snowy December evening with you sitting in a coffee shop alone and looking at cars through the window. In the 60's.

@Elle I feel you so much. I really do. When you talked about the way you cried on California, well, it did the same to me on Love song. I was smiling lot through a part of the song, and then she sang "you know that I just die to make you proud" and my tears instantly came out like a tsunami and it hit me really hard. Even after maybe 15 times listening to this song, I can't help but cry. Same for California.
I love that you shared such a personal aspect of your life. I have so much respect for you and it's really nice when people share their experiences. One thing I've been noticing is how much this album hits people. I think Lana deeply touched our souls with this record

ELLE thanks so much for sharing! (heart)  Sorry about whatever you're going through. Some things in life we'll never get over and some the pain will diminish over time. Unfortunately as some people say it's on God's time not mine. I know when I have had emotional hurts it was almost like having the flu. With the flu you get better when you get better, not much you can do to force the issue. Mostly a function of time, being miserable and just sticking it out and then somehow you slowly heal. So stick with it, feel miserable and trust me one day you will smile again.   :)

I love the album and have some thoughts but I need to try and focus and consolidate them. I have some opinions which may be unpopular and as a people pleaser I am a little uncomfortable expressing them. We'll see.

On a side note forget Norman Fucking Rockwell. How about I Fucking Tunes. I got my download but it took me the longest time to get it on my IPod!!! Yes I am older but I am not like your technically challenged Dad. I work with computers for a living but am not an Apple guy and every time I try to put music on it it is an adventure! End of rant.

Thank you guys for being so sweet  :crying4:  love you x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Y'all think Fantano is going to like this or drag it?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

He's white and straight so he'll probably drag it yCxfzvd.gif but I honestly don't care.

Yeah, he may have liked the singles, but he's totally going to drag the entire album because of HTD, California and Happiness is a Butterfly  :toofunny: :facepalm:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Anyone else in the south (I'm in TN) that ordered a physical CD have theirs stuck at a Michigan facility? It's been stuck at label created/waiting for USPS to receive it since early 8/29. Every aspect of her team is awful :toofunny:

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Does a track by track review, says everytime that x track is among his favorite tracks, gives the album a 6  :facepalm:

"I'm shocked how much I like Lana recently..." *gives a light 6*