queenbitchpro

Cruel Youth

omg so it's just a cover? it sounds so cinematic, like a soundtrack lol. maybe that's the new vibe? idk. i just hope this means she's releasing something soon

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

13 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Tell The World leaked!

i hope we get the other version cuz this song is gorgeous and i need alllllllllllllllllll versions of it

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

https://guitargirlmag.com/news/music-news/cruel-youth-releases-devil-in-paradise/

“I started writing this song with my husband Willy after I had just met with Ronnie Spector – my idol from the band The Ronettes. We saw her play a show in the city right after she’d done Glastonbury Festival, 50 years after her first hit – she was my everything! After a 2 hour meeting in a grand hotel uptown, I agreed to try write an EP of original songs for her. She was so kind to me, and I was captured by her memoir detailing her escape from her horrifically abusive marriage to Phil Spector, her producer and also punisher. She barely made it out alive, and moved back to NYC to start her life over… while Phil Spector went on to shoot dead another woman, and remains in prison for murder. Her strength inspired me to write this song, but when I started writing the lyrics I found myself drenched in the truths I had prayed to never face, and I realized it couldn’t be for anyone else but me.”

UM HELLOOOOOO??? I did not know that this happened. Apparently before DIP was conceived , Teddy was commissioned by RONNIE SPECTOR, of THE RONNETTES, to create an EP of original music for her. DIP, fka With The Devil, and PoaF, fka Hands Are Tied are both said to be from this EP that seems to have never worked out.

is there any other songs we might know of that came from this project? If we knew when Black River was recorded I would also suggest it as a good candidate. This is so intriguing to me, and I’m so happy Teddy was literally commissioned by her fav. That’s amazing.

On 7/24/2023 at 7:31 PM, Veinsineon said:

UM HELLOOOOOO??? I did not know that this happened. Apparently before DIP was conceived , Teddy was commissioned by RONNIE SPECTOR, of THE RONNETTES, to create an EP of original music for her. DIP, fka With The Devil, and PoaF, fka Hands Are Tied are both said to be from this EP that seems to have never worked out.

is there any other songs we might know of that came from this project? If we knew when Black River was recorded I would also suggest it as a good candidate. This is so intriguing to me, and I’m so happy Teddy was literally commissioned by her fav. That’s amazing.

I don't think Hands Are Tied/Portrait of a Female was intended for this. That song dates back to like 2016 and was originally meant to be released as Cruel Youth during the +30mg era.

IDK when exactly she met Ronnie, but the earliest version of Devil in Paradise I'm aware of is from May 2017. Then, she made "With the Devil" during October of the same year. Ultimately, she merged both songs into the Devil in Paradise we know today. Interesting stuff :O

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

8 hours ago, lanasugarysweet444 said:

Does anyone know what is Alexandra about?

To me the song is like Cruel Youth / Teddy saying goodbye to Natalia Kills. It sounds almost enough like a Trouble song to keep me interested in this theory!

so confirmed 30mg outtakes are:

Cruel Heart
Burner Phone
Kisses from Broadmoor
Contact High
Friends
Tongue Tied
Wishlist
Hands Are Tied
Vodka Soda
Brick Avalanches

and potentially Violet Roses
? or anything else

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

14 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

so confirmed 30mg outtakes are:

Cruel Heart
Burner Phone
Kisses from Broadmoor
Contact High
Friends
Tongue Tied
Wishlist
Hands Are Tied
Vodka Soda
Brick Avalanches

and potentially Violet Roses
? or anything else

Violet Roses

burner phone

and cruel heart

are the only ones I know for sure.

some of these were recorded after +30mg was made though.

brick avalanches is technically a Natalia song, but it is still being released under CY on their debut album. (As of this year)

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

Violet Roses

burner phone

and cruel heart

are the only ones I know for sure.

some of these were recorded after +30mg was made though.

brick avalanches is technically a Natalia song, but it is still being released under CY on their debut album. (As of this year)

i know that these titles i listed were 100% confirmed by insiders to be contender songs for 30mg and brick avalanches i dont think is natalia even in 2014 she was tend to already use CY

38 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

i know that these titles i listed were 100% confirmed by insiders to be contender songs for 30mg and brick avalanches i dont think is natalia even in 2014 she was tend to already use CY

Violet roses is a Natalia song too. Just because NK3 was canned out of the gate doesn’t mean she wasn’t preparing material for it. She’s always writing 

9 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Violet roses is a Natalia song too. Just because NK3 was canned out of the gate doesn’t mean she wasn’t preparing material for it. She’s always writing 

NK3 was never confirmed but i suppose if there were some kind of an album in plans even in early 2015 its already CY branded 

13 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Friends

Obey

VooDoo

Slay

You Don’t Know Me

Straitjacket

Legends

We Fall Down

Alexandra

Bored