princessdollie

Ethel Cain

11 hours ago, ivory almond said:

3rd fav artist atm, and i made some concept art for her second album, "Preacher's Wife."

x9eu5kww1fcb1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

dyhz16o09ffb1.jpg?width=1668&format=pjpg

Ethel Cain — "Preacher's Wife" (November 2024)

01. Nineteen

02. Angel Trumpets

03. Men Burn Stars

04. Grapevine (ft. Weyes Blood)

05. Runaway Bride Hunt

06. Cold October

07. Peter III

08. Crooked House (ft. Orville Peck)

09. Touched All Over

10. Staircases That Lead To Nowhere

11. Rib Of Adam

12. Eucharist

13. Dormition

I jumped

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

On 7/28/2023 at 8:30 PM, Orville Peck said:

maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I love Inbred more than Preacher's Daughter.

I think a lot of people feel this way actually, it's a whole different style and that's why her work can be so divisive.

I absolutely adore everything Hayden makes, but almost everyone I share her with just likes American Teenager and Crush--which to be fair, are also the songs that got me into her as well. A lot of her slower work draw some comparisons to how some people feel about Lana's piano ballads lol. It's a love it or hate it thing, but I really dig the nuance that comes out of repeated listens. For me, with both LDR and EC, my first run through of their discogs always focus on the poppier, catchier songs, but long term listens gravitate towards the slower, "more boring" songs. You definitely have to be in a particular kind of mood to go through Preacher's Daughter with full attentiveness though.

9 hours ago, CocoPoobles said:

I think a lot of people feel this way actually, it's a whole different style and that's why her work can be so divisive.

I absolutely adore everything Hayden makes, but almost everyone I share her with just likes American Teenager and Crush--which to be fair, are also the songs that got me into her as well. A lot of her slower work draw some comparisons to how some people feel about Lana's piano ballads lol. It's a love it or hate it thing, but I really dig the nuance that comes out of repeated listens. For me, with both LDR and EC, my first run through of their discogs always focus on the poppier, catchier songs, but long term listens gravitate towards the slower, "more boring" songs. You definitely have to be in a particular kind of mood to go through Preacher's Daughter with full attentiveness though.

oh, I mean - I love Preacher's Daughter and it was my second favorite album last year. :)

btw, my favorite songs on Inbred are God's Country, Unpunishable and the title track!

'Cause I've been waiting, don't wanna face it
We're all alone now, how far will we take it?

Just now, Orville Peck said:

oh, I mean - I love Preacher's Daughter and it was my second favorite album last year. :)

btw, my favorite songs on Inbred are God's Country, Unpunishable and the title track!

Haha, I discovered Preacher's Daughter right around the time of a really bad breakup, so House in Nebraska hit me hard. I do think that the more I explore her discography, the more I gravitate towards some of her older stuff and demos due to their darker tone.

God's Country is indeed frickin' awesome. Have you heard the two demos? They're both amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzsYtx2Wpa8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KLltCqQpis

Can't wait for her to release the PD B-sides. Hopefully they're out soon!

Ugh I wish there were physical copies for her albums, ig I have to make them

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

41 minutes ago, bigspender said:

girl you KNOW you’re not supposed to be posting about this 💀

It's publicly released and still available on Spotify to this day, never even taken down… why are you trying to gatekeep that :rip: 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

On 8/3/2023 at 3:03 PM, Coloringbooks said:

It's publicly released and still available on Spotify to this day, never even taken down… why are you trying to gatekeep that :rip: 

not trying to gatekeep, y’all just know she doesn’t want things spread, the least we can do is be respectful 🙃

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, bigspender said:

not trying to gatekeep, y’all just know she doesn’t want things spread, the least we can do is be respectful 🙃

It's publicly released and available content that she never even took down, bffr :rip: 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕