Jump to content
princessdollie

Ethel Cain

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

Y’all remember when Lana posted a picture with Jack and Ethel was like “Me too!!!!” on twitter

62wsr8ka0hb91.jpg

And after or before posting that she tweeted also cruel world's opening line :ma:

 

i've got nothing against ethel tho, i love her but after reading her old statement, i don't think she was talking about lana in a bad way, i think she commented that about hollywood and music/movie industry in general. because lana has sung about hollywood in a satirical way too, in her older work. and i don't think her statement was stupid, hollywood is toxic.

 

but you know what's funny? people's reaction here :ma:


Adobe-20230616-125516.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Same person who posted that has now turned to transphobia in order to take down Ethel 

https://x.com/mayjailer0621/status/1700871743416541277?s=46

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bigspender said:

i mean wouldn’t lana basically agree tho? she makes 100% different music than she used to and i think the reasoning could be similar to this. 

Totally agree.

 

Lana has built a legendary aesthethic and a solid artistic proposal thats highly referenced to a world as problematic as no less than Hollywood itself. Even herself has stated strong critics agains that microcosmos along her career and has matured her views on it until deconstructing it and tearing it apart to find new paths (all the hype regarding NFR among the critics was mainly from that interpretation of the record). 

 

I dont get the point of pointing Ethel for stating nothing but the sheer truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Same person who posted that has now turned to transphobia in order to take down Ethel 

https://x.com/mayjailer0621/status/1700871743416541277?s=46

not surprising, she’s dealt with transphobia from lana fans since pd release day. that’s why she wants to separate herself from lana so bad. 

 

 


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Totally agree.

 

Lana has built a legendary aesthethic and a solid artistic proposal thats highly referenced to a world as problematic as no less than Hollywood itself. Even herself has stated strong critics agains that microcosmos along her career and has matured her views on it until deconstructing it and tearing it apart to find new paths (all the hype regarding NFR among the critics was mainly from that interpretation of the record). 

 

I dont get the point of pointing Ethel for stating nothing but the sheer truth.

Sigh I feel this take is very reductive sometimes- Born to die is in no way lyrically inferior to NFR thematically or otherwise- if critics and fans till this day still can’t get over polished visuals, nice outfits and production- well I just feel in some cases it’s misogynistic and aligns with the 2013 ideals of an ideal feminist like how Beyoncé was slated but not now  because those critics would be labelled as racists or ignorant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bigspender said:

not surprising, she’s dealt with transphobia from lana fans since pd release day. that’s why she wants to separate herself from lana so bad. 

 

 

I feel like she doesnt have any issues with lana, she used to be a fan, but shes been compared to lana since she debuted now and everytime she mentions her it starts fan wars.. so i get it

 


 

uRo1dco.png

singing blue notes,

up all night long

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Sigh I feel this take is very reductive sometimes- Born to die is in no way lyrically inferior to NFR thematically or otherwise- if critics and fans till this day still can’t get over polished visuals, nice outfits and production- well I just feel in some cases it’s misogynistic and aligns with the 2013 ideals of an ideal feminist like how Beyoncé was slated but not now  because those critics would be labelled as racists or ignorant.

But its not a matter of being thematically superior or inferior. I'm not the biggest fan of BTD's lyrics in terms of how much affinity I can develop towards them, but they are undoubtedly precise and effective at pursuing their purpose: to depict the opulence and grandiosity of north american elite's dynamics and a certain way to experience relationships which, even if controversial, was and is absolutely real for many, many people.

 

It isnt less true, anyway, that time and artistical growth has helped Lana to find a new quite critique and nuanced way to approach to that same reality and that she isn't anymore canonising it, but making it accountable for its uncountable flaws and problematics -many of which she has found herself to be a victim of, or at least to have been exposed to them and their toxicity-. 

 

There's nothing wrong with pointing at how Lana's sight is now quite more broad, rich and wide than it was at her beginnings. If anything, it is a compliment aimed at an artist that has fought hard to evolve and to become who she is nowadays.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...