princessdollie

Ethel Cain

I listened to Preacher's Daughter today after many months and fuck how phenomenal it is, it's so genius, well-crafted cinematic masterpiece from the start to end. Ethel is so young but she tells stories like an old poetess from a haunted forest. Definitely my 2022 AOTY. And it's a crime that she got 0 nominations at the Grammys but we already know that Grammys are corrupted...

A House In Nebraska is my favorite song with Ptolomaea and Gibson Girl. I also love Family Tree + intro and Televangelism. Family Tree intro is criminally underrated :trisha:

url%5D

10 hours ago, Embach said:

I listened to Preacher's Daughter today after many months and fuck how phenomenal it is, it's so genius, well-crafted cinematic masterpiece from the start to end. Ethel is so young but she tells stories like an old poetess from a haunted forest. Definitely my 2022 AOTY. And it's a crime that she got 0 nominations at the Grammys but we already know that Grammys are corrupted...

A House In Nebraska is my favorite song with Ptolomaea and Gibson Girl. I also love Family Tree + intro and Televangelism. Family Tree intro is criminally underrated :trisha:

not denying it but PD didnt blow up till like october 2022 i fear obviously she wasn't gonna get one but maybe with her second album but im also delusional

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

New interview with Rolling Stone, she talks about the upcoming EP and Preacher's Wife a little. The EP still seems to be scheduled for later this year.

We sit on her floor, where she plays some of her intricate new songs. There’s one that starts with a diaphanous piano melody and then dives into a crash of guitars. Another one is more than 20 minutes long. 

Later this year, she plans to leave Pittsburgh. She’s chasing brutal winters to match the tone of her next full-length album, which she describes as dark and cold. It’ll focus on the story behind Ethel’s mother, and see her grappling with her daughter’s death. The one after that will dive into Ethel’s grandmother. 

There are other characters lurking in her head, waiting to come out — but she still thinks she has a lot of time to spend with the Cain women, and a long time before she reaches the end of the story. “This is going to be 15, 20 years from now,” she says. “I work very slow. That’s how I like it.” 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/ethel-cain-new-music-interview-1234807712/

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

22 minutes ago, bigspender said:

we already have 7 minutes of it :party:

is this referring to waco.. thats very off from 7 minutes :rollin: the only other 7 min song i can think of is selby wall but that doesnt make sense 

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

1 hour ago, Break Me Down said:

is this referring to waco.. thats very off from 7 minutes :rollin: the only other 7 min song i can think of is selby wall but that doesnt make sense 

yep waco, the full song is 20:26

giphy.gif