Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Was 'Lana Del Ray' publicly available to purchase elsewhere, besides Amazon and iTunes?

According to this early blog post it was also available for purchase on Napster. Also, I think I remember people on LDR.FM discussing it having been available on some French site, or am I thinking of something else?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I was always under the impression that the shift from "Ray" to "Rey" was inspired by the Ford Del Rey and how it represented retro-Americana. "Rey" also has a Spanish root, which Lana found to be glamorous-sounding.

4138647257_2be1057768_o.jpg

wtf I had no idea the Del Rey logo was from a car ?? am I the only one :awk:

also doesn't Lana Del Rey translate to Lana of the sun? or wool of the sun but I don't think that's what she was going for

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

I remember reading an article that "Lana" was derived from Lana Turner and "Del Rey" from the Ford Del Rey as well as the glamour of the name that reminded Lana of the Spanish coast. 

And it means "wool of the king" in Spanish. :P

I was always under the impression that the shift from "Ray" to "Rey" was inspired by the Ford Del Rey and how it represented retro-Americana. "Rey" also has a Spanish root, which Lana found to be glamorous-sounding.

4138647257_2be1057768_o.jpg

An ugly box-shaped car from the east-block anno 1966. not American Classic at all, but nice logo at least. (Trabant,someone)

An ugly box-shaped car from the east-block anno 1966. not American Classic at all, but nice logo at least. (Trabant,someone)

Lana used to drive an old Mercedes that had a similar box shape...it's very reminiscent of retro-America. And Ford is about American as you can get. 

Can someone please confirm how many Lana music videos are available on the internet? I'm trying to download them and I have the following, just wanna make sure I got them all:

TIWMUG

National Anthem (Demo and Final)

Mermaid Motel

Brute Lites

Hundred Dollar Bill

Lolita

Pawn Shop Blues

Jump

Kinda Outta Luck

Born to Die

Video Games

Blue Jeans

Ride

Blue Velvet

Burning Desire

Diet Mtn Dew

Kill Kill

Put Me In A Movie

Carmen

Chelsea Hotel No.2

Summertime Sadness

Tropico

Young & Beautiful

Summer Wine

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Can someone please confirm how many Lana music videos are available on the internet? I'm trying to download them and I have the following, just wanna make sure I got them all:

TIWMUG

Mermaid Motel

Brute Lites

Hundred Dollar Bill

Lolita

Pawn Shop Blues

Jump

Kinda Outta Luck

Born to Die

Video Games

Blue Jeans

Ride

Blue Velvet

Burning Desire

Diet Mtn Dew

Kill Kill

Put Me In A Movie

Carmen

Chelsea Hotel No.2

Summertime Sadness

Tropico

Young & Beautiful

Summer Wine

Here's a list of all of the homemade ones: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/894-video-directory-list-information/

I can see you're missing Off to the Races and probably some alternate versions of videos.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Now Hill has designed the Del Rey bag, which she says is frankly an homage to the performer. The satchel, a classic Mulberry carryall that sports a tassel on its frequently amusing clasp (one model has a fastener in the shape of a turtle) is available in mock croc, lambskin, and other leathers. But there is one version you won’t find at your local Mulberry shop when the bags launch in May: It is white ostrich, and just a single example was custom-made for Del Rey—because, Hill says, white is the singer’s favorite color and she loves shiny gold.

http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/lanas-signature-accessory-mulberry-launches-new-del-rey-bag-in-honor-of-the-singer/#1

thats interesting, i was sure it was blue, she mentions it in so many songs idk

TIWMUG

Mermaid Motel

Brute Lites

Hundred Dollar Bill

Lolita

Pawn Shop Blues

Jump

Kinda Outta Luck

Born to Die

Video Games

Blue Jeans

Ride

Blue Velvet

Burning Desire

Diet Mtn Dew

Kill Kill

Put Me In A Movie

Carmen

Chelsea Hotel No.2

Summertime Sadness

Tropico

Young & Beautiful

Summer Wine

TIWMUG HAS A VIDEO?!  :wat:

Oh, and you're also missing On Our Way, which is her BEST homemade vid. 

I can see you're missing Off to the Races and probably some alternate versions of videos.

Wait. I legitimately didn't know there was an ottr video until now. Did she upload it or something? It just seems soo fanmade.

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

Wait. I legitimately didn't know there was an ottr video until now. Did she upload it or something? It just seems soo fanmade.

Yeah, it was uploaded for a lil while. I think all it was was a little promo or something

TIWMUG HAS A VIDEO?! :wat:

Oh, and you're also missing On Our Way, which is her BEST homemade vid.

Oops, I got mixed up between Dt Mtn Dw and TIWMUG! I meant to say there was a demo video for DMD instead haha

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

She uploaded it on the day the song was released as a promo single, posted "haha just fucking around <3 and then deleted it after a day or two.

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

This is going to sound silly... but how does a presale for tickets work? Once you get the code, will something just pop up Thursday on livenation to enter it into? I've never bought concert tickets before.

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

Do we know how long AKA was up for before Lana decided to take it down?

It was available for about 3 months. It got published on January 4th and got shelved on her request April 1st.

EQFO7rX.png