True Love On The Side

Dangerous Girl

Paris

Prom Song (Gone Wrong)

Driving In Cars With Boys

(shamelessly stolen from @@SitarHero 's playlists) :oic:

Need to copy her playlists :)

i am nothing and should be everything

This is kinda a big question but yeah. Exactly how does Lana's genres work? From what I've understood there are three of them: Hollywood Sadcore, Surf Noir and Hawaiian Metal Glam. How do I know which song, especially unreleased, goes into which genre? I was thinking of a way to organize the unreleased songsI have (I have most, just not the most recent ones) and I figured it might be a good way to do it, but I honestly have no idea where to start, haha.

Obviously I'm new here, haha

This is kinda a big question but yeah. Exactly how does Lana's genres work? From what I've understood there are three of them: Hollywood Sadcore, Surf Noir and Hawaiian Metal Glam. How do I know which song, especially unreleased, goes into which genre? I was thinking of a way to organize the unreleased songsI have (I have most, just not the most recent ones) and I figured it might be a good way to do it, but I honestly have no idea where to start, haha.

I just file everything under "alternative" cuz I don't have time for that made-up shit.  :eek:

Well, I made a playlist of all the stuff I consider her 'Surf Noir' era, with help from SitaHero's playlists:

-West Coast

-AKA album

-Trash (The Living Room Live)

-The End of the World (Live)

-Boarding School (Live)

-Every Man Gets His Wish

-Stoplight De-lite

-Golden Grill

-Boarding School

-Motel 6

-The Man I Love

-Heavy Hitter

-Come When You Call Me (A.M.E.R.I.C.A.)

-Maya Maha

-Catch and Release

-Strange Love

-Let My Hair Down

-Pin Up Galore

-Trash Magic

-Hawaiian Tropic

And I know these aren't technically surf noir, but I like the soft sound of them anyway:

-Hundred Dollar Bill (Demo)

-Hit and Run (Demo)

-Lolita (Demo 2)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Does someone know what

"Paint the town in blue"

mean in Serial Killer?

I've been listening a lot to that song in the past days and It always makes me wonder when I hear it

Context: (as if we didn't all know the words lol :P )

My black fire's burning bright,
Maybe I'll go out tonight.
We can paint the town
In blue.

Does someone know what

"Paint the town in blue"

mean in Serial Killer?

I've been listening a lot to that song in the past days and It always makes me wonder when I hear it

Context: (as if we didn't all know the words lol :P )

My black fire's burning bright,

Maybe I'll go out tonight.

We can paint the town

In blue.

Hmm...well the common idiom is to 'paint the town red', which alludes to riotous behaviour, as red is danger. I'm guessing by using blue instead, she is suggesting sadness or melancholic feelings.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Hmm...well the common idiom is to 'paint the town red', which alludes to riotous behaviour, as red is danger. I'm guessing by using blue instead, she is suggesting sadness or melancholic feelings.

That makes sense!

Thank you for the explanation boo :kiss:

did lana ever preform this is what makes us girls live? Why not? I've never seen a video and im pretty sure it was never on a set list for the paradise tour

no she hasnt, Lana said its the only song on the album that she wasnt happy with

no she hasnt, Lana said its the only song on the album that she wasnt happy with

Huh, weird ... I would have guessed she's pretty close to it, since it's supposed to tell her story, plus she put it last on the album, which isn't a filler place ... 

I have a question regarding fan made covers :Yesterday, I was looking all evening for a topic that contained covers for LDR instrumentals etc ... that featured black and white marble, but couldn't find it anymore .. I've been browsing so many pages, but without success, PLEASE help me :(

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

There is a leaked song at Youtube that sounds like Lana called "In The Sun", but for some reason I can't copy and paste the link here.  Could someone please link to it if it is genuine?  Thanks.

eta:  Never mind.  It was put up a month ago and some way, somehow, I missed it.

I once heard this song by Lana but I can't find it anymore. The only thing I remember from it is that the chorus featured Body Electric's I'm on fire line, repeated several times...

Any clue?

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I once heard this song by Lana but I can't find it anymore. The only thing I remember from it is that the chorus featured Body Electric's I'm on fire line, repeated several times...

Any clue?

Baby Blue Love maybe ?

"Im on fire but what can I do" 

are the dark paradise and summertime sadness radio mixes official??? they sound like pre-BTD demos to me but idek

Yes, they are. They were officially released on both iTunes and CDs.

This might be a dumb question but in the National Anthem video, near the end, when the guy gets shot and Lana tries to escape, the car sometimes is moving and sometimes it is stopped, is it a mistake or am I seeing it wrong?

This might be a dumb question but in the National Anthem video, near the end, when the guy gets shot and Lana tries to escape, the car sometimes is moving and sometimes it is stopped, is it a mistake or am I seeing it wrong?

That's something that irks me every time I see the video, from what I understood Lana was portraying the moment in which Jackie climbed off the limo to grab a blown away piece of JFK's skull. My guess is that they shot the scene once from afar and, since the shot in the moving car was kinda risky for Lana to do, then shot the close up with the car stopped hoping no one noticed. BUT I DID. lol

Or perhaps it's just an outtake and they used it cause they liked her expression, who knows... :horror:

ZmJh1LG.jpg