Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

8 minutes ago, Break Me Down said:

IMG-9982 has anyone ever seen this cover?

just found these too

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-9984IMG-9985IMG-9983

i just found out that if you go to a “written by” playlist on spotify and search for the people that wrote lana’s songs with music videos, the cover will be a still from the music video, so weird. and its like that for every artist too

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

1 hour ago, Break Me Down said:

i just found out that if you go to a “written by” playlist on spotify and search for the people that wrote lana’s songs with music videos, the cover will be a still from the music video, so weird. and its like that for every artist too

I'm pretty sure spotify is adding the ability to play music videos like Apple music is so I think that's what this is

5 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Has Lana ever mentioned about Jeff Buckley? 

yes, i remember her specifically mentioning him in a 2017 interview, i believe she said dream brother was one of her favorite songs, also, jeff buckley used to be in a band called gods and monsters...

and... her ex-boyfriend reeve carney looks a lot like him :creepna3:

qDHVfIm.jpg

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

48 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

There's this terrible article - I couldn't find the full interview, but this is from around the time of BTD's release.

https://www.ellecanada.com/culture/music/lana-del-ray-would-die-to-buckley-s-music

Lana Del Ray wants to die to Jeff Buckley’s music.
The ‘Born To Die’ singer says the late musician’s songs – which include ‘Hallelujah’ – would be the perfect soundtrack for when she leaves this Earth.
She said: ”I’d probably die to Jeff Buckley, I guess there probably wouldn’t be any other way. Good music.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

1 hour ago, Yameena Khatri said:

25 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

There's this terrible article - I couldn't find the full interview, but this is from around the time of BTD's release.

https://www.ellecanada.com/culture/music/lana-del-ray-would-die-to-buckley-s-music

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

13 hours ago, takemybreath said:

I see where the flavour comes from. I'm not too into Jeff but I can see the influence. Could Other Woman possibly be a cover of his version instead of Nina's? 

On 11/19/2012 at 11:24 AM, Monicker said:

“Cuộc phỏng vấn nào mà Lana đề cập đến việc là một fan hâm mộ của David Lynch?”

In the West Coast MV, the guitar sound at 1:13 sounds like a twin peak song

tumblr_pfa9k5A6aa1r0msi2o2_1280.gif

7 minutes ago, ComebacktoCalifornia said:

I've seen some conflicting info so I was wondering if all smiles,bellevue,bikini gold,boarding school,Daytona meth,heavy hitter,Platinum Greenwich,So legit and super movie are from A.K.A or btd

Same with heart shaped Chevrolet

I've seen some conflicting info so I was wondering if all smiles,bellevue,bikini gold,boarding school,Daytona meth,heavy hitter,Platinum Greenwich,So legit and super movie are from A.K.A or btd

they're all just random unreleased songs from 2009 and likely weren't necessarily intended for any album, especially since most of these are rough demos

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

i dont think any of them were meant for either project. maybe heavy hitter for an early concept of btd 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

they're all just random unreleased songs from 2009 and likely weren't necessarily intended for any album, especially since most of these are rough demos

Sry I don't mean like they were intended for which album like which albums "era" where they made during

1 minute ago, ComebacktoCalifornia said:

Sry I don't mean like they were intended for which album like which albums "era" where they made during

i suppose 2008-2010 could technically be considered AKA era since AKA as know it now was finalized at the start of 2008, but she kept working on ideas for it throughout 2008 and 2009 and finally released it in january of 2010

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

10 minutes ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

whats the "standard" title for oooh baby/are you ready

Oooh Baby is the title. Are You Ready is an alternate title. The song is registered under both titles. Pants for You is another title but I think it was just the name of the file?

edit; i refer to it as Are You Ready (Oooh Baby)

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.