Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

14 minutes ago, ComebacktoCalifornia said:

Is there a demo version Taco truck out there without Venice bitch I saw smth where it was called Bonita or smth is that this or smth else

I think Bonita was the title of the song, but a demo probably does exist, as each song must have an early version.

Also, I think BOZ said at some point that Lana changed the names of some songs.

wouldnt be daddy's girl, Pussycat Kittycat and be my daddy all 3 different songs:oprah7: and neon palm and heavy hitter:oprah7: since it's the first iteration of song that she later reworked into the studio song using some lyrics
and roller dirby:oprah7:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

wouldnt be daddy's girl, Pussycat Kittycat and be my daddy all 3 different songs:oprah7: and neon palm and heavy hitter:oprah7: since it's the first iteration of song that she later reworked into the studio song using some lyrics
and roller dirby:oprah7:

weren't daddy's girl, pussycat kittycat, and be my daddy all from the same session? we have a snippet of a rough demo of be my daddy that had to have come from the same session as daddy's girl and pussycat kittycat, but i would argue they could be different songs, at least pussycat kittycat could be

neon palmmm is definitely an early demo of heavy hitter since it uses blockhead's instrumental concept and it shares a lot of lyrics

roller derby is definitely also a demo for pin up galore, they're just too similar, and it isn't uncommon for demos to sometimes have different titles, especially with lana

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

weren't daddy's girl, pussycat kittycat, and be my daddy all from the same session? we have a snippet of a rough demo of be my daddy that had to have come from the same session as daddy's girl and pussycat kittycat, but i would argue they could be different songs, at least pussycat kittycat could be

as far as i remember they all are from the same session around july 16 2010, and also i think it had vocal take called daddy’s girl, but then we had those 2 voice notes called daddy’s girl that are from july 29 2010, it has always been confusing to me with all of those vocal takes/concepts/sessions of that specific song be my daddy

On 1/11/2024 at 6:10 PM, Embach said:

Who is the guy who says "Yes, of course I will, my darling" in National Anthem demos? Is it from a video/movie or an uncredited background vocalist (maybe one of The Nexus guys)?

:smokes:

url%5D

1 hour ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

what are the songs that were considered for inclusion on btd

cause ik some songs from 2009-2010 were not considered for btd

there’s no way to know unless we will be getting those drafts, but for the final btd u can 100% consider hundred dollar bill emile haynie unleaked version and put the radio on (unknown version)

9 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

there’s no way to know unless we will be getting those drafts, but for the final btd u can 100% consider hundred dollar bill emile haynie unleaked version and put the radio on (unknown version)

😭 arent these rumoured tho, hdb and ptro emile haynie unleaked versions? and i discovered a few outtakes that were on an early tracklist and the 4 songs that were considered for a b side

source.gif

9 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

I was under the impression that Kahne's second version was still a demo and that Jayson Michaels' version was indeed the final

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

26 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I was under the impression that Kahne's second version was still a demo and that Jayson Michaels' version was indeed the final

kahne second version is prob a more polished version of c note, but now that u said this i thought of something: maybe kahne did 2 demos with lana and she ended up reworking one with jayson michaels

source.gif

16 minutes ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

😭 arent these rumoured tho, hdb and ptro emile haynie unleaked versions, and i discovered a few outtakes that were on an early tracklist and the 4 songs that were considered for a b side

hundred dollar bill isnt rumored, and we dont know which version of put the radio on was going to appear on it, we have only one confirmed early tracklist that contained outtakes and this is how it looked like

1. Video Games
  2. Blue Jeans
  3. Born to Die
  4. Put the Radio On
  5. Million Dollar Man
  6. Diet Mountain Dew
  7. Summertime Sadness
  8. Carmen
  9. Off to the Races
  10. This Is What Makes Us Girls
  11. Lolita
  12. National Anthem

Deluxe Version

13. Without You

14. Dark Paradise

15. Hundred Dollar Bill

and well we have yet another confirmation that Queen of Disaster was going to open BTD at one point, but we dont know that tracklist iteration, that makes 3 safe options for outtakes (and also, the leaked version of queen of disaster is final and the same one that were supposed for that unknown iteration (all we know is that queen of disaster was the track 1, and born to die was the track 2), at least final version from chris braide)
a reach would be to assume Kinda Outta Luck and You Can Be the Boss were also reworked because she performed them later on in 2011, and she expressed her desire to release kinda outta luck alongside diet mountain dew, but her label didnt let her (alhough reworked version of diet mountain dew later appeared on official tracklist)

the other 4 tracks tagged as b-sides - on our way, velvet crowbar, marilyn monroe and tv in black & white can be considered outtakes for this album, BUT i mostlysure they were tagged so because maybe she was wanted emile haynie to rework them, because the 5th track, that contained the same tag was summertime sadness demo, that was later reworked and released officially (midning that the track was initially going to be deluxe track), but in the end she never reworked them (at least for what we know as for now), so they cant be really considered outtale for the album we've got, but if you count them (that will not be a mistake), we have these tracks

1. Hundred Dollar Bill
2. Put the Radio On
3. Queen of Disaster
4. Kinda Outta Luck
5. You Can Be the Boss
6. Velvet Crowbar
7. Marilyn Monroe
8. On Our Way
9. TV in Black & White

then, we have those 3 tracks, serial killer, us against the world and paradise performed live, i want to say she really liked us against the world due to it being downloaded at some time alongside other songs like carmen diet mountain dew off to the races etc, but i dont think it was ever in cosnideration for a rework for any project atfter 2010, and out of the three, i would consider serila killer to be included on btd too, i feel it had always belonged to this album and the sound that emile haynie did for it

the thing about the first album (that will later become btd) is that it had entirely different sound until she didnt meet emile haynie in march 2011, and she herself once said, this album has always been more of a mixtape type thing, and songs were being tied purely based on vibe and themes, its like most of her 2010 stuff had that gansgter wildwestern thing to it, songs like velvet crowbar, kinda outta luck, you can be the boss, driving in cars with boys, live or die, she's not me, off to the races OG  version, hey lolita hey, i want it all and similar, it could easily be tied within one project, and i think this was the sound she was stick around for up until she didnt meet emile haynie, and after that, i think she finally found the vision fot all of that and reworked the album with him (tho in one interview from recent times she mentioned she didnt really want him to be a main producer afaik?) and from that point it had that classic sound to it, but what was befor that, was, maybe, approximately, the same pool of songs (national anthem, off to the races, diet mountain dew and the rest), but tied with another theme and sound (we know there are many working titles of this album (G.B.A, The Best of Lana Del Rey, The Revenge of Lana Del Rey, The World is Ours, Do U Luv Me Yet?), and i believe one of them is definitely from these pre-emile haynie times), and we as well have the imagination of how this album looked like, because we have this sampler that was sent to the guardian, and i think these songs were in consideration for a pre-emile haynie itaraion of an album, this is the sampler from may 2011

1. National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker; Demo 1)
  2. Born to Die (Emile Haynie; Demo 2)
  3. Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)
  4. Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe; Demo 1)
  5. Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide; Demo)
  6. Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop; Unknown Version, supposedly Unmastered Version)
  7. Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)
  8. Puppy Love (Justin Parker)
  9. Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus; 2011 Version)
  10. This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe; Demo 1)
  11. Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)
  12. Are You Ready? (Eg White)
  13. Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly; Demo 3)
  14. You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)
  15. Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)
  16. Carmen (Justin Parker; Demo)
  17. Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)
  18. Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie; Unknown Version, supposedly Unmastered Version)

it contains already some demo recordings from emile haynie, but despite done by him, the sound different from the final album, and all the other songs that were sent, are still demo recordings from 2009-2010 times, that had that gangster sound (but paris and oooh baby has always been too random for this sampler for me😭), u can see it has songs that were later reworked by emile, but some werent, that makes it clear that this album was always about vibes mainly, but outtakes from sampler cant be considered as outtakes for btd final because it was still being differnet project in sound, but u can count them too as potential tracks that were going to be reworked by emile, since some of them survived all these constant changes in 2010

and i believe the born to die as we know it now started appearing in summer-early fall 2011, after her sessions with rick and after radio happened (because she recorded it tight after video games started playing on the radio), where she had a clear vision of sound and concept started combining songs this way, but even then, the most interesting thing is that hundred dollar bill stayed on the album as long as december 2011, so we almost get the song, so basically who knows how exactly the timeline of becoming botn to die was going, it even doesnt need a special kind of a discussion of its timeline, basically all we need is drafts for this album to see what vision she had for the album at what time, but if you would want to narrow it down to one particular number, my list for what i call a strong btd outtake without timeline, just songs that were in consideration for any of its draft at any point, would be:

1. Hundred Dollar Bill
2. Put the Radio On
3. Queen of Disaster
4. Kinda Outta Luck
5. You Can Be the Boss
6. Velvet Crowbar
7. Marilyn Monroe
8. On Our Way
9. TV in Black & White
10. Serial Killer
11. Paradise
12. Us Against the World
13. Paris
14. Are You ready?
15. Last Girl on Earth
16. Hollywood's Dead
17. American Dream (Damn You)
18. What's a Girl to Do
19. Because of You
20. French Restaurant

1 hour ago, That Venice Bitch said:

yeah to one point it was final but then it was reworked by emile haynie
http://lanaboards.com/topic/17328-lust-for-life-album-recordingwriting-timeline-and-creative-process-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1634330

45 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

hundred dollar bill isnt rumored, and we dont know which version of put the radio on was going to appear on it, we have only one confirmed early tracklist that contained outtakes and this is how it looked like

1. Video Games
  2. Blue Jeans
  3. Born to Die
  4. Put the Radio On
  5. Million Dollar Man
  6. Diet Mountain Dew
  7. Summertime Sadness
  8. Carmen
  9. Off to the Races
  10. This Is What Makes Us Girls
  11. Lolita
  12. National Anthem

Deluxe Version

13. Without You

14. Dark Paradise

15. Hundred Dollar Bill

and well we have yet another confirmation that Queen of Disaster was going to open BTD at one point, but we dont know that tracklist iteration, that makes 3 safe options for outtakes (and also, the leaked version of queen of disaster is final and the same one that were supposed for that unknown iteration (all we know is that queen of disaster was the track 1, and born to die was the track 2), at least final version from chris braide)
a reach would be to assume Kinda Outta Luck and You Can Be the Boss were also reworked because she performed them later on in 2011, and she expressed her desire to release kinda outta luck alongside diet mountain dew, but her label didnt let her (alhough reworked version of diet mountain dew later appeared on official tracklist)

the other 4 tracks tagged as b-sides - on our way, velvet crowbar, marilyn monroe and tv in black & white can be considered outtakes for this album, BUT i mostlysure they were tagged so because maybe she was wanted emile haynie to rework them, because the 5th track, that contained the same tag was summertime sadness demo, that was later reworked and released officially (midning that the track was initially going to be deluxe track), but in the end she never reworked them (at least for what we know as for now), so they cant be really considered outtale for the album we've got, but if you count them (that will not be a mistake), we have these tracks

1. Hundred Dollar Bill
2. Put the Radio On
3. Queen of Disaster
4. Kinda Outta Luck
5. You Can Be the Boss
6. Velvet Crowbar
7. Marilyn Monroe
8. On Our Way
9. TV in Black & White

then, we have those 3 tracks, serial killer, us against the world and paradise performed live, i want to say she really liked us against the world due to it being downloaded at some time alongside other songs like carmen diet mountain dew off to the races etc, but i dont think it was ever in cosnideration for a rework for any project atfter 2010, and out of the three, i would consider serila killer to be included on btd too, i feel it had always belonged to this album and the sound that emile haynie did for it

the thing about the first album (that will later become btd) is that it had entirely different sound until she didnt meet emile haynie in march 2011, and she herself once said, this album has always been more of a mixtape type thing, and songs were being tied purely based on vibe and themes, its like most of her 2010 stuff had that gansgter wildwestern thing to it, songs like velvet crowbar, kinda outta luck, you can be the boss, driving in cars with boys, live or die, she's not me, off to the races OG  version, hey lolita hey, i want it all and similar, it could easily be tied within one project, and i think this was the sound she was stick around for up until she didnt meet emile haynie, and after that, i think she finally found the vision fot all of that and reworked the album with him (tho in one interview from recent times she mentioned she didnt really want him to be a main producer afaik?) and from that point it had that classic sound to it, but what was befor that, was, maybe, approximately, the same pool of songs (national anthem, off to the races, diet mountain dew and the rest), but tied with another theme and sound (we know there are many working titles of this album (G.B.A, The Best of Lana Del Rey, The Revenge of Lana Del Rey, The World is Ours, Do U Luv Me Yet?), and i believe one of them is definitely from these pre-emile haynie times), and we as well have the imagination of how this album looked like, because we have this sampler that was sent to the guardian, and i think these songs were in consideration for a pre-emile haynie itaraion of an album, this is the sampler from may 2011

1. National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker; Demo 1)
  2. Born to Die (Emile Haynie; Demo 2)
  3. Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)
  4. Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe; Demo 1)
  5. Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide; Demo)
  6. Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop; Unknown Version, supposedly Unmastered Version)
  7. Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)
  8. Puppy Love (Justin Parker)
  9. Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus; 2011 Version)
  10. This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe; Demo 1)
  11. Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)
  12. Are You Ready? (Eg White)
  13. Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly; Demo 3)
  14. You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)
  15. Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)
  16. Carmen (Justin Parker; Demo)
  17. Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)
  18. Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie; Unknown Version, supposedly Unmastered Version)

it contains already some demo recordings from emile haynie, but despite done by him, the sound different from the final album, and all the other songs that were sent, are still demo recordings from 2009-2010 times, that had that gangster sound (but paris and oooh baby has always been too random for this sampler for me😭), u can see it has songs that were later reworked by emile, but some werent, that makes it clear that this album was always about vibes mainly, but outtakes from sampler cant be considered as outtakes for btd final because it was still being differnet project in sound, but u can count them too as potential tracks that were going to be reworked by emile, since some of them survived all these constant changes in 2010

and i believe the born to die as we know it now started appearing in summer-early fall 2011, after her sessions with rick and after radio happened (because she recorded it tight after video games started playing on the radio), where she had a clear vision of sound and concept started combining songs this way, but even then, the most interesting thing is that hundred dollar bill stayed on the album as long as december 2011, so we almost get the song, so basically who knows how exactly the timeline of becoming botn to die was going, it even doesnt need a special kind of a discussion of its timeline, basically all we need is drafts for this album to see what vision she had for the album at what time, but if you would want to narrow it down to one particular number, my list for what i call a strong btd outtake without timeline, just songs that were in consideration for any of its draft at any point, would be:

1. Hundred Dollar Bill
2. Put the Radio On
3. Queen of Disaster
4. Kinda Outta Luck
5. You Can Be the Boss
6. Velvet Crowbar
7. Marilyn Monroe
8. On Our Way
9. TV in Black & White
10. Serial Killer
11. Paradise
12. Us Against the World
13. Paris
14. Are You ready?
15. Last Girl on Earth
16. Hollywood's Dead
17. American Dream (Damn You)
18. What's a Girl to Do
19. Because of You
20. French Restaurant

yeah to one point it was final but then it was reworked by emile haynie
http://lanaboards.com/topic/17328-lust-for-life-album-recordingwriting-timeline-and-creative-process-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1634330

omg, about the hdb and ptro i meant (and thought) emile haynie versions are rumoured, ik they are btd outtakes cause of that sampler.

and ty for this message cuz btd timeline is just so confusing to me, but this helped me understand better of it

source.gif

On my spotify several of Lana's singles aren't showing up in her discography like all the btd ones and if I do manage to find them in a playlist it plays the paradise edition version instead of the single version is there a way to fix this 

Potentially stupid question but idk how it works... when a song leaks and the file is bigger than the OG file that eventually leaks does it just mean someone upscaled it? Deleting files to replace them w the new leaks but kinda nervous to delete some

3 minutes ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

do we have any evidence of a studio version song by the rich whores? i just love that rehearsal i would love a song with those guitars and drums

we don’t have such evidence