Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

ok so I was flicking through my itunes today and I realised that i have a solo version of ridin'/my bitch. it just has lana's verses in it, whilst the rest of the song is the instrumental. does anybody know if it's fanmade or legit or what? i cannot for the life of me remember where I got it from

Is it possible you could send me this file if you still have it? I'd love to hear it. Tried searching online but it's nowhere to be found. 

devUz2O.png

Is it possible you could send me this file if you still have it? I'd love to hear it. Tried searching online but it's nowhere to be found.

Hey sorry for the late reply! Of course, I'll send it to you now. :oic: and yeah, I have no idea what I got it from, I can't remember where I downloaded it....

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Can someone give me evidence (if such evidence exists) that the From the End and Quiet Now EPs are real? By real I mean that they are really titled like that and their track listings are the ones that came with them. I know there's registry of an unreleased EP somewhere but I don't know much about it.

Also, we know that most of the song titles on Sirens are fan-made and some of the songs that got leaked with From the End and Quiet Now are the same ones as the Sirens songs with different titles. Do we have evidence that these "different" titles are real ones or are we just relying on the information provided by the leakers?

Can someone give me evidence (if such evidence exists) that the From the End and Quiet Now EPs are real? By real I mean that they are really titled like that and their track listings are the ones that came with them. I know there's registry of an unreleased EP somewhere but I don't know much about it.

Also, we know that most of the song titles on Sirens are fan-made and some of the songs that got leaked with From the End and Quiet Now are the same ones as the Sirens songs with different titles. Do we have evidence that these "different" titles are real ones or are we just relying on the information provided by the leakers?

I think there's evidence of two EPs registered as 'From the end.' and 'Young like me' (with the alternate title of Rock Me Stable/Rock me stable'. The tracks from these EPs were leaked under the unofficial title of Quiet Now and From The End. This is all from the LDR Wikia, so I don't know how accurate this is.

As for the names, I have no idea about how we know if thet are legit.

EDIT: If you go here, change the 'search by' to name and type in Grant Elizabeth, you'll find the EPs registered on the second page as 'From the end.' and 'Young like me.'.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Shortly after this forum started, I posted about two then-unleaked recordings registered with the US Copyright Office by Elizabeth Woolridge Grant in 2005. The registration for one of these recordings lists the title as "From the end" and describes it as "Words & music (collection)", suggesting multiple songs. The registration for the other lists the title as "Young like me" (but also lists the application title as "Rock me stable"), describing it as "7 songs". Regarding the tracks leaked as From the End and Quiet Now, this only proves that "From the End" is the real title of a real collection of songs, not necessarily what leaked as From the End. And there is no additional proof confirming the track titles of either FTE or QN are real. However, absent any other information, I think it's reasonable to assume that this is the real From the End and that the track names are real. It's also my personal working assumption that Quiet Now is the same as "Rock Me Stable"/"Young Like Me" since it surfaced along with FTE and has exactly 7 songs as the registration indicates, but I think that should be considered more speculative and I'd love to be proven wrong. FWIW, I think the track titles from FTE/QN should be considered a little more credible than the Sirens titles since we know those were guesses, but the person furthest up the chain of custody of FTE & QN claims they came to him titled that way. However, because there's some doubt about those titles, and because we don't know whether Lizzy titled them the same for Sirens, and because they've been known for years under different names, I've advocated labeling the overlapping tracks with the titles they leaked under with their respective albums, as I feel it's the most neutral. And that's the convention the forum has followed. For example, in the "All Lyrics" thread "For K"/"Drive By" is listed as "For K" under Sirens and as "Drive By" under From the End. Both link to a thread titled "For K / Drive By". Of course, everyone is free to label their own personal music library however they wish, but this is how the forum is treating things for the time being. This is subject to change in the event of more definitive new information.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Do we know why Lana actually got sober? If I remember right she's implied she hasn't had a drink since she was 18 (?). But she went to Kent at 16, so if that wasn't the catalyst for sobriety I wonder what was.

I have gold in my veins

Just saw the iTunes booklet credit

on Cruel World it says that written by Lana Del Rey and Blake Stranathan

however on Pretty When You Cry it says that written by Blake Stranathan and Lana Del Rey

does it mean any different ? Usually does the main writer mentioned first or this is just random ?

Just saw the iTunes booklet credit

on Cruel World it says that written by Lana Del Rey and Blake Stranathan

however on Pretty When You Cry it says that written by Blake Stranathan and Lana Del Rey

does it mean any different ? Usually does the main writer mentioned first or this is just random ?

I think the chords and stuff is by Blake and the lyrics is by Lana...

I AM MY ONLY GOD