Please be careful sharing Sparklejumpropequeen links, they can potentially have your full e-mail on them ×
Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, Jared said:

Jack's back must be hurting real bad from carrying Lana's career right now. My goodness, he's carrying her real hard on this album. It's so obvious,  even a blind and a deaf person could notice. You ungrateful fucks, all those who have spent past 3 years trashing him, better go make him an altar and pray he doesn't decide to drop Lana. She's fucked without him. Jack Antonoff is the reason why NFR,  a career-defining magnum opus that got her the massive recognition and respect (that she quickly squandered) exists. Jack Antonoff is the reason why this album is somewhat listenable (it sure as hell ain't Lana's songwriting). Jack Antonoff is the reason why this album won't end up being panned completely. Jack Antonoff is the reason why Lana's career is still showing some signs of life (a weak pulse, but it's something).

And speaking of Jack, I should note that he has outdone himself on Dark But Just A Game and Dance Till We Die,  best two songs on this album, by far. I'm going to take these two songs and send Jack some nice messages of support! 

jack : reuses instrumentals from previous album, creates bland and basic soundscape, generally flops

jared: :heart::cumming2::angie::xcry::angie: yes i need to sign back in to my account on a lana del rey forum to verbally suck jackoff's dick:jack:

Spoiler

Wander really gives me Yayo vibes during the chorus and I fucking love it.  Also the ending of it where she is harmonizing is just, yessss. I feel like it’s getting slept on for real in these rankings. 

I think my top five is (no particular order):

Spoiler

White Dress

Title track

Tulsa Jesus Freak

Dark But Just a Game

Dance Till We Die

Okay everyone, chill. We don't need an endless supply of "I hate Jared" posts because we already know you do. Jared is allowed to have his opinion, just ignore and move on. 

@Jared, likewise, please don't be inflamatory towards other members - generalising everyone into "ungrateful fucks" is just not true and a really bizarre claim. Also please use spoilers, I have edited your post as per our admin's request to keep discussion hidden.

3lfQEhw.png

Anyways...

Spoiler

I WAS BORED SO I FINALLY LISTENED

tenor.gif

Spoiler

It was one hell of a ride, listening to a song and saying "a fave, SOTY" and then the next song came in and it was another serve????

maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

DELULUKING SWEETIE I'M SO SORRY YOSEMITE DESTROYED MEEE

uI8Vm2Vd.jpg

Spoiler

A masterpiece...of course Honeymoon and AKA's child did that

10-twitter-moments-grammy-edition-3.gif

Spoiler

The Grammy dinosaurs better nominate this...NFR was great but this really deserves an award

Oprah-Winfrey-angry.jpg

Spoiler

I'm still a fucking mess in my party dress, this was not a proper review :trisha:

Capture.jpg

Spoiler

Anyways I’ve been thinking about the title of the album and 

usually I feel like her album titles fit the mood of the album perfectly but this one I’m not so sure. I love COCC the song and think it’s one of her very best title tracks, but I am left sort of not understanding the title and how it relates to much of the music, which is never usually the case 

but I also don’t know what other song would have been a good title track? I think knowing that not all who wander are losts original title was Wanderlust would have been a cool album title and another really striking one word title in her discography  

the album is all about feeling free and finding peace I feel like so just thought it could fit with the goal of trying to reach that

any one have any thoughts ? Idk this is rambling lol

Can we all just appreciate how much Neils fucking cover fits after hearing the album. It really evokes the vibe this album has!