Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

the issue with lana doing a folk album, which i would be supportive of in theory, is that she would make boring folk because it's so reliant on lyrics that really resonate. She has some beautiful lyrics (ie. hope) and a lot of basic lyrics, but not a lot that resonate well in a folk context

Β 

sirens is definitely her most "folk" album so far, even if it's just an acoustic guitar, and i think it's one of her most lyrically mature, so this makes a lot of sense.Β 

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π“‚π’Άπ“‡π’Ύπ“π“Žπ“ƒ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π’Ώπ‘œπ’Άπ“ƒ π‘œπ’» 𝒢𝓇𝒸

π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒸𝒢𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 π’Άπ“ƒπ‘œπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡ π“Œπ‘œπ“‚π’Άπ“ƒ π’·π‘’π’»π‘œπ“‡π‘’ π‘œπ“‡ 𝒢𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒢𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒢𝓃 π“‚π“Ž π’Έπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π“Ž π’Ύπ“ˆπ“π’Άπ“ƒπ’Ή π’·π’Άπ’·π“Ž

My fav lana song, i would die if she made more songs like that!Β  :wub:

Β 

She does so well with chaotic songs like that. I hope this next record has some of that rock sound.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Do y'all think it's going to be more of a summer or fall album? I'd prefer some cozy and intimate but dark fall vibes.

Yesss she always describes her albums as summery somehow so I'd love a dark, chill fall vibe too

20230718-113117.gif

Honey,Β you makeΒ me feel I'm invincible

She does so well with chaotic songs like that. I hope this next record has some of that rock sound.

Yessss, I would love an album full of songs like Cruel World, Brooklyn Baby, shades of cool, California, Cinnamon Girl, I love that hard indie-rock sound, It really reminds me of the Velvet Underground, It has a really classic feel to it.

Do y'all think it's going to be more of a summer or fall album? I'd prefer some cozy and intimate but dark fall vibes.

Maybe there’ll be a couple of Β« summer Β» tracks (I always imagined WHF like that), more breezy tracks, especially if there is a lead single coming soon (if the Sept 5 release is still on). But some tracks will probably have dark tones : title track maybe, If This Is The End- I Want a Boyfriend (if it is a finished song; how depressing is that title?)...

So something for the end of summer like NFR was? That album transitioned so well into fall.

in my imaginary world this is how my dream COCC tracklist would sound and look, just using lana's old music as a reference pointΒ  :flutter: Β (note: i want lana to constantly evolve and she doesn't need to "recreate" anything or give us a "2.0" of anything necessarily, but i just find referencing her past music to be an easier way to portray what i mean lmao)

Β 

• an opener with West Coast vibes
  • the title track that in my dream has For K (Part 2) vibes sonicallyΒ  :hooker:
  • a track like Fuck It I Love You but darker in sound
  • a leisurely, cheeky, lounging track like Doin' Time
  • sexy Pin-Up Galore vibes
  • Sad Girl vibes
  • a trippy ballad kinda like Ultraviolence but with more emphasis on psychedelia
  • here the album begins to take a darker turn, going from 'country club' to 'chemtrails' - a track here that's like a blend between Art Deco and Venice Bitch would be perfect
  • atmospheric, intense track, like Summertime Sadness only darker and maybe with more guitar
  • Mermaid Motel vibes
  • Kill Kill vibes, only even more sultry
  • a piano ballad likeΒ HopeΒ bc we all know there'll be at least one lmao, and what's a lana record without a tear jerker?
  • a classic rock inspired "end of the world" anthem like The Greatest

Your mind!! Wouldn't complain if we get like this! It actually sounds amazing!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

manifesting a UV style Beatles or Kinks cover/sample :wub:

Genuine question: Is it tough to get the rights to cover a Beatles song? When Michael Jackson owned the rights to their catalog, a cover was almost unthinkable. Nowadays, I really don’t know!

Maybe there’ll be a couple of Β« summer Β» tracks (I always imagined WHF like that), more breezy tracks, especially if there is a lead single coming soon (if the Sept 5 release is still on). But some tracks will probably have dark tones : title track maybe, If This Is The End- I Want a Boyfriend (if it is a finished song; how depressing is that title?)...

So something for the end of summer like NFR was? That album transitioned so well into fall.

Uugh I'd be so sad if the song didn't make it, it's such a good title! I also need Grenadine Quarantine, it would still be very relevant & something everyone can relate to.

Uugh I'd be so sad if the song didn't make it, it's such a good title! I also need Grenadine Quarantine, it would still be very relevant & something everyone can relate to.

Grenadine Quarantine is such a weird title... almost like a joke. Maybe an interlude? Or maybe it could be a fucking amazing track. I really don’t know about that one. But IF THis Is The End - I Want a Boyfriend, I loved that title right away and found it so emblematic to what single people were living: all the loneliness and longing to be with someone arghhh

I really hope it made it to that album.

GUYS I HAVE INSIDE INFO ON COCC!!!

Β 

...but my mother’s grandma’s dog said i couldn’t reveal or i’d simultaneously combust.

That’s a powerful dog you got there.

people who say that they have β€œinside info” or β€œsources” on the album irk me. if you do, then reveal the info or just don’t say anything at all. anyone can say they have β€œinfo” and be lying. -_-

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose