Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

9 minutes ago, Marius said:
  Hide contents

I finally decided that White Dress is the best song on the album. The vocal  delivery, production, vulnerability...the everything. The percussion in the background is amazing. This song reminds me of Venice Bitch in a way... really her top tier. :oprah:

Spoiler

Yessss, White Dress is definitely at Venice Bitch level, if not better.

8 hours ago, luminom said:

Hide contents

ok but remember when e-word told us that White Dress lyrics were similar in vibe to Venice Bitch? And I don't see any similarities at all?..?

Spoiler

EwSDaslXMAA1gVe?format=jpg&name=large

Read what she says here about the grunge movement etc. It perfectly describes what shes talking about per the intended effect of White Dress. (And What Eclipse was talking about)

White Dress is like this. Its about her being 19 and a Waitress and looking back fondly (but also mourningly) on the role music had in her life back then, and how her innocence made her feel powerful 'like a god' in retrospect, and her ultimately coming to the conclusion that this naivety was more fulfilling to her at times than the success she feels now.
She's romanticizing but also mourning her past, but the lyrics are a bit abstract or actually rather specific which has the same impact. There's not much context. It sounds like she just liked when she was a waitress when you read the lyrics, but the pain in her voice and the subdued instrumental are doing just as much heavy lifting on the emotional impact of the song/the narrative as the lyrics do. 

Venice Bitch is the same way. It has a loose narrative about Lana and a lover who are very different, but the soul of the song is in the aesthetics she is portraying (Americana with a modern take, pop culture in past + present etc.) and how the imagery comes to life with the instrumental from Jack as the song develops over time. Also, the way her vocal delivery changes. It's very light and song-like at the beginning, but then gets more grunge-y and she gets a drawl as she repeats the refrain when the background instrumental changes and gets more gritty.

The lyrics for WD aren't like, her most heart crushing, but the overall effect (which is supposed to tell you how she *feels* about the things shes saying as shes saying) is absolutely up there with her saddest songs for me.

Spoiler

“Not all those who wander are lost”     
 line sung in that falsetto, just yes please. 

:xcry:

2 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

THE ZODIAC SIGNS AS COCC SONGS

:party:(explanations in spoiler tag):party:

Aries: Wild at Heart

Taurus: Let Me Love You Like a Woman

Gemini: Dance Till We Die

Cancer: Yosemite

Leo: Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Virgo: For Free

Libra: White Dress

Scorpio: Tulsa Jesus Freak

Sagittarius: Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Capricorn: Breaking Up Slowly

Aquarius: Dark But Just a Game

Pisces: White Dress

Reveal hidden contents

Aries: Wild at Heart (passionate, adventurous, evades routine)

Taurus: Let Me Love You Like a Woman (serene, soft, ruled by Venus)

Gemini: Dance Till We Die (penchant for fun, duplicitous first 3/4 to last 1/4)

Cancer: Yosemite (sensitive - “burning at both ends,” nurturing, loyal)

Leo: Chemtrails Over the Country Club (warm and dynamic w/ an appreciation of the material meets celestial world)

Virgo: For Free (peace in nature or the natural state of the world, methodical, and traditional)

Libra: White Dress (aesthetic visions, equality-prone re: “men in music”, idealistic)

Scorpio: Tulsa Jesus Freak (sensual, bold + dark, slight sarcasm/kitsch)

Sagittarius: Not All Who Wander Are Lost (adventurous, spontaneous, optimistic)

Capricorn: Breaking Up Slowly (pragmatic, enduring, sense of responsibility to address the situation)

Aquarius: Dark But Just a Game (inventive, eccentric, free-spirited, wanting to avoid conforming to fame)

Pisces: White Dress (dreamy, devoted, reflective, hopeful)

love you for this wild at heart :krylie:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

The production, the build up, the bridge in Yosemite.Yeah.:legend:

I really feel like her and Rick just have this connection that’s very intuitive of one another. It seems like they are truly in sync sometimes. Like idk, they have so many magical moments. 

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

some of the tracks remind me of Harry Potter n Prisoner of azkaban soundtrack :lange: in the best sense of the word

Omg fuck!!!! Yes!!! And that was my favorite soundtrack off of all the HP movies!:trisha:

Spoiler

It’s just so amazing and beautiful how emotive her voice is on this record. 

Her voice has always been that way but there is something about this record that it’s even more pronounced and just so achingly beautiful. 

I think it’s part lyrical content but also she uses her voice in many diff ways throughout the record. It’s an amazing listening experience  

6 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

some of the tracks sonically remind me of Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban  :lange: in the best sense of the word

i haven't listened yet and idk what this will mean but i've decided it must be good so i'm ready for the prisoner of azcoccban

2 minutes ago, yayowen said:

i haven't listened yet and idk what this will mean but i've decided it must be good so i'm ready for the prisoner of azcoccban

sorry i forgot to put it in a spoiler:bebe:

Spoiler

some of the tracks have that close to nature sound kinda like Window to the past

12 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

sorry i forgot to put it in a spoiler:bebe:

Hide contents

some of the tracks have that close to nature sound kinda like Window to the past

OMFG thats one of my favorite scores ever... and that's my fav HP aesthetic wise! Ever since the title track came out, I thought that the album would have a sort of fantastical or whimsical element, I can't wait to hear in full ugh.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

2 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Reveal hidden contents

Leo: Chemtrails Over the Country Club (warm and dynamic w/ an appreciation of the material meets celestial world)

Virgo: For Free (peace in nature or the natural state of the world, methodical, and traditional)

Libra: White Dress (aesthetic visions, equality-prone re: “men in music”, idealistic)

Capricorn: Breaking Up Slowly (pragmatic, enduring, sense of responsibility to address the situation)

Aquarius: Dark But Just a Game (inventive, eccentric, free-spirited, wanting to avoid conforming to fame)

oop getting white dress is making me excited, 6 days left:hooker:

Spoiler

So each song is having its moment with me these last few days. I know I just posted about Yosemite but I literally cannot get over the production and slow build up of it. It gives me post apocalyptic, spaghetti western vibes and I am just so in love. Like wow, I really do feel like her and Rick just have this unbelievable ability to create such an immersive experience and atmosphere. We missed out on what the original LFL could have been. That said I’m so glad we got this gem. It’s something to truly get lost in. 

3 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

As a Scorpio I claim TJF, it’s funny because I told my boyfriend TJF radiates Scorpio energy 

and he’s a Taurus and has listened to LMLYLAW more than me so you might be onto something 

"Don’t forget me"

Spoiler

This album is definitely a grower. This is my experience listening to COCC

I'm Sick of Seeing My Face,' Says the Internet's Kombucha Connoisseur - The  New York Times

At first I was like, mm not as good as what I was expecting, now I'm like "it wasn't quite what I meaned, if you know what I mean".

45 minutes ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:

OMFG thats one of my favorite scores ever... and that's my fav HP aesthetic wise! Ever since the title track came out, I thought that the album would have a sort of fantastical or whimsical element, I can't wait to hear in full ugh.

Spoiler

the only thing missing is some flute:krylie:

Spoiler

Dark But Just A Game is so iconic. At one point it sounds like an unreleased Lana song, then it sounds like a Beatles record. Her versatility and growth, era by era is incredible. I’m very excited to see which producers she will work in the following albums.   

1 hour ago, Brooklynbaby said:

6 days and the wait is over :krylie: after all the delays and the mess of this past year I’m ready for this album :creepna2:

Ya'll are ready, but also not ready for what is about to bless your ears!!!! :trisha: