Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

18 minutes ago, Formation said:
  Hide contents

The way songs from Sirens fit right in the tracklist :wowcry: The full circle-ness of it all

Spoiler

this is why my dream cocc tour would include songs from 2005-2007 or even pawn shop blues/oh say can you see, it just would walk you through the beginning to now a little full circle bring it back moment. and what an experience it would be.

i mean imagine her singing fordham road and then not all who wander are lost. pawn shop blues and then white dress. a star for nick and then something like wild at heart. AKA yayo, black beauty, god knows i tried, then heroin and then try tonight. and then TJF and yosemite to wrap it up.  :hype:

edit: in a small intimate venue of course

sUcVobB.png

13 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

After listening to it several times, here’s my current ranking:

Hide contents

1. Dark But Just A Game (SOTY)

2. Not All Who Wander Are Lost (for some reason this song rlly hits me)

3. White Dress (downatthemeninmusicBusinessconference)

4. Yosemite (the bridge.. whew)

5. Tulsa Jesus Freak (i feel like this should be higher but hi)

6. Dance Till We Die (I see a lot of people really loving the bridge especially but tbh the chorus is the best part of the song for me)

7. Chemtrails Over The Country Club (i like it Way better in the context of the album)

8. Wild at Heart (I love the verses a lot. “I love you lots like polka dots” is one of my fav lines on this album. Her May Jailer serve.)

9. For Free (cute!)

10. LMLYLAW (I still really like the bridge)

11. Breaking Up Slowly (great instrumentals, beautiful instrumentals)

Overall an amazing album. 

i'm unspeakably angry

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I’m so curious how Tulsa Jesus is going to sound and reading everyone’s descriptions gets me really excited. My brain is trying to guess where  its gonna go because all I heard is the cat meowing clip  

It's pretty weird, but amazing. WARNING - SPOILER: The beat's a bit lighter than the clip suggests, there's a little piano added to it now. The part in the clip is the chorus. There's a hook after it that's basically her shouting "White hot forever", then an autotune-heavy verse, then a bunch of talking/whispering throughout the chorus until the end of the song, when it basically collapses into synth and autotune.

Spoiler

I’m a lil tipsy but imma say what needs to be said. I truly don’t understand obsessions with wanting to include leaked or unreleased songs in new releases. I get that certain songs might ‘fit’ the mood of an album, but why ‘officially’ release them when those known tracks occupy a slot of an unknown song that might otherwise snatch your frazzled ass wig into outer space? Stop with the obsession of fitting in the known when you can leave room for the unknown. I bet there are tens of hundreds of songs we don’t even know about that would blow your top off. And what’s better than not wearing a bra when you’re chillin at home. NOTHING. LET THEM TIDDIES DANGLE  

Just now, Poor Stacy said:

Hide contents

It's pretty weird, but amazing. WARNING - SPOILER: The beat's a bit lighter than the clip suggests, there's a little piano added to it now. The part in the clip is the chorus. There's a hook after it that's basically her shouting "White hot forever", then an autotune-heavy verse, then a bunch of talking/whispering throughout the chorus until the end of the song, when it basically collapses into synth and autotune.

That makes sense. I feel like when I first heard cinnamon after playing the clips on repeat it was quieter than I thought for some reason? Then I adjusted to it, Lol. Can’t wait to hear it. It’s going to be a fun one for me to listen to for sure! 

So I had this idea of making a kind of an album trailer, that will have the whole album in it. However, to do that, I need y'all help bc I need some movies to go along w/ the tracks, so could you reply to me saying which movies go along w/ each song? Can be more than one movie per track, can be classic movies, or not, known or unknown, I just need ideas. Gonna try posting it on the album's release day.

Also, this is the exact same concept I'm going for:

Spoiler

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

5 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I’m so curious how Tulsa Jesus is going to sound and reading everyone’s descriptions gets me really excited. My brain is trying to guess where  its gonna go because all I heard is the cat meowing clip  

Without any major spoilers, I just want to say the intricacies in the TJF production are gorgeous in headphones, especially after many of us played the lo-fi cat video 800x :thumb3: 

sounds slightly different in a better way, IMO, more complex than the audio in the clip (which should have been obvious since it was on insta, but you know what I mean!)

Which songs (I couldn't choose 3, oops) from her back catalog would you all choose to describe the sound of COCC? 

I think I would choose

Tomorrow Never Came, Fuck It I Love You, Pawn Shop Blues, Quiet Waiter Blue Forever, Looking for America

4 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Without any major spoilers, I just want to say the intricacies in the TJF production are gorgeous in headphones, especially after many of us played the lo-fi cat video 800x :thumb3: 

sounds slightly different in a better way, IMO, more complex than the audio in the clip (which should have been obvious since it was on insta, but you know what I mean!)

It’s funny how the insta clip makes it sound like a total pop-y simple Track, so I’m excited to hear the real thing on blast

Spoiler

And I’m very shook by this autotune I keep hearing about 

3 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

It’s funny how the insta clip makes it sound like a total pop-y simple Track, so I’m excited to hear the real thing on blast

Reveal hidden contents

And I’m very shook by this autotune I keep hearing about 

Spoiler

I agree! I was worried it was poppy-simple for her although it was catchy, but it’s definitely beyond that—the autotune is super tasteful and adds to the complexity as opposed to making it robotic and out-of-form for her. It sounds very Lana still. 

Spoiler

Dark But Just A Game is so Good ugh. A lot of Lana songs have those little moments that make the song for me, and Dark But Just A Game has so many. The little instrumental opening, the switch up from the darker sounding verses to the more clear sounding chorus, the hard going beat, the “while the whole world is crazy, we’re making out in the parking lot” line, the “much less the fame” part, the instrumental moment after the chorus leading back into the hard hitting beat & dark sounding verse, “I was a pretty little thing”, the little “But fuck it”, like, all these little moments that make such an excellent song. 

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, yourolllikethunder said:
  Hide contents

I agree! I was worried it was poppy-simple for her although it was catchy, but it’s definitely beyond that—the autotune is super tasteful and adds to the complexity as opposed to making it robotic and out-of-form for her. It sounds very Lana still. 

Love the sound of that ahhh can’t wait! :crai:

50 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

So I had this idea of making a kind of an album trailer, that will have the whole album in it. However, to do that, I need y'all help bc I need some movies to go along w/ the tracks, so could you reply to me saying which movies go along w/ each song? Can be more than one movie per track, can be classic movies, or not, known or unknown, I just need ideas. Gonna try posting it on the album's release day.

Also, this is the exact same concept I'm going for:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, if y'all are here lemme try taking advantage of this shit, literally, and bring your attention to this again lmao 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif