Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

sorry i forgot to put it in a spoiler:bebe:

Reveal hidden contents

some of the tracks have that close to nature sound kinda like Window to the past

Spoiler

If I remember well, i think you asked for the album to have a vibe similar to that song back when we didnt have yet the title track, and when it was released, i thought that definetly it had some similarities (mostly the tempo and the folky, somehow celtic atmosphere created by the twelve string performance). You did win here!

16 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Ya'll are ready, but also not ready for what is about to bless your ears!!!! :trisha:

:lange: This album genuinely sounds like a whole ass experience and I’m here for it. :sluttybunny:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

Just now, Brooklynbaby said:

:lange: This album genuinely sounds like a whole ass experience and I’m here for it. :sluttybunny:

For real!! I'm super excited to know what y'all are gonna think! WIGS WILL BE SNATCHED!:cryney2:

2 hours ago, Lustformoney said:
  Hide contents

some of the tracks sonically remind me of Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban  :lange: in the best sense of the word

not prisoner of Azkaban 

:lmao::lmao:but honestly I total get it, especially Yosemite. It reminds me of window to the past, I think it’s definitely the 70s folk baroque elements of some of the songs that gives them a pastoral feeling to them. Also I definitely wanna watch HP now ?

sgopYhV.gif

I’m not saying I want it on the album, but even Looking For America would fit on this album.

Spoiler

Especially the instrumental and her high breathy vocals 

She also recorded LFA around the same time as some of the songs we have now

"Don’t forget me"

honestly I totally get the VB comparisons that Eclipse brought up w/ WD. I wouldn't say that it's VB 2.0 (she's irreplaceable 

:creepna3:)  but the themes of the nostalgia of being young and dumb are so present in both of them. being 18 -19 you have this feeling that nothing bad can happen to you and that the world is your oyster. idk the lyrics are just so amazing and peaceful in a way. listening to it in comparison with everything going on with her career rn is so interesting. at first I didn't really like WD but the more I listen to it the more I'm getting it and it's quickly becoming one of my favs

sgopYhV.gif

5 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

THE ZODIAC SIGNS AS COCC SONGS

:party:(explanations in spoiler tag):party:

Aries: Wild at Heart

Taurus: Let Me Love You Like a Woman

Gemini: Dance Till We Die

Cancer: Yosemite

Leo: Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Virgo: For Free

Libra: White Dress

Scorpio: Tulsa Jesus Freak

Sagittarius: Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Capricorn: Breaking Up Slowly

Aquarius: Dark But Just a Game

Pisces: White Dress

Reveal hidden contents

Aries: Wild at Heart (passionate, adventurous, evades routine)

Taurus: Let Me Love You Like a Woman (serene, soft, ruled by Venus)

Gemini: Dance Till We Die (penchant for fun, duplicitous first 3/4 to last 1/4)

Cancer: Yosemite (sensitive - “burning at both ends,” nurturing, loyal)

Leo: Chemtrails Over the Country Club (warm and dynamic w/ an appreciation of the material meets celestial world)

Virgo: For Free (peace in nature or the natural state of the world, methodical, and traditional)

Libra: White Dress (aesthetic visions, equality-prone re: “men in music”, idealistic)

Scorpio: Tulsa Jesus Freak (sensual, bold + dark, slight sarcasm/kitsch)

Sagittarius: Not All Who Wander Are Lost (adventurous, spontaneous, optimistic)

Capricorn: Breaking Up Slowly (pragmatic, enduring, sense of responsibility to address the situation)

Aquarius: Dark But Just a Game (inventive, eccentric, free-spirited, wanting to avoid conforming to fame)

Pisces: White Dress (dreamy, devoted, reflective, hopeful)

Back in November I said Chemtrails Over The Country Club was such a Leo title :omg: we keep winning

Capture.jpg

5 minutes ago, gsf said:

Is there any “Bartender” type of song in COCC?? My favourite song from NFR!

Not really, but most similar ones would be:

Spoiler

Not All Who Wander Are Lost and Yosemite

so do y'all think that in the COCC video if Lana n her girlies get pregnant in their furry form are they gonna give birth to a litter of puppies? or human puppy hybrids? 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

2 hours ago, DLT said:
  Hide contents

So each song is having its moment with me these last few days. I know I just posted about Yosemite but I literally cannot get over the production and slow build up of it. It gives me post apocalyptic, spaghetti western vibes and I am just so in love. Like wow, I really do feel like her and Rick just have this unbelievable ability to create such an immersive experience and atmosphere. We missed out on what the original LFL could have been. That said I’m so glad we got this gem. It’s something to truly get lost in. 

Spoiler

Full agree. It's one of her very best, if not her best, and wouldn't have fit in on LFL. The intensity is amazing. I haven't heard anything like that, in terms of intensity, emotional intensity, in years and years. 

every time we get new LFL demos and outtakes like yosemite and TNBAR i wish donald trump was never elected :trisha:

but yosemite is beautiful on chemtrails,

Spoiler

feels so right with the rest of the album and is simultaneously so comforting and haunting

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

every time we get new LFL demos and outtakes like yosemite and TNBAR i wish donald trump was never elected :trisha:

but yosemite is beautiful on chemtrails,

Hide contents

feels so right with the rest of the album and is simultaneously so comforting and haunting

Spoiler

Full agree. I love 'Old Money,' but it's sad and the sadness stays with me after I listen to it...whereas with Yosemite, it is, as you say, "comforting and haunting." It leaves you with a sense of relief and solace. 

White Dress - Libra

Chemtrails - Leo

Tulsa Jesus Freak - Capricorn

Let Me Love You - Pisces

Wild At Heart - Scorpio

Dark But Just - Cancer

Not All Who Wander - Sagittarius 

Yosemite - Aries

Breaking Up Slowly - Gemini

Dance Till We Die - Aquarius

For Free - Virgo