Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

The cover has already been shot at this point, but it might be for magazines, which is always great for promo, especially if she only releases one single

We know the album won't be ready for a physical release by Sept. 5th, so they could totally still shoot the cover today for a physical release.

I refuse to buy into your Mum's predictions when it comes to  :hoe:  Del Rey

ok but explain that one time in september 2018 when she got something right. powerful mind

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The cover has already been shot at this point, but it might be for magazines, which is always great for promo, especially if she only releases one single

But she liked a comment asking if she shoots chemtrails cover so who knows

To be fair, Lana did record Change not too far off from the LFL release date

The mixing and mastering must have been done for the rest of the album by then though, not sure what the situation is with this one. I read a few pages back that it's currently being mastered but idk if it was reliable.

Nicole wouldn't have liked it if it weren't true, surely she would have commented if it were false. Unless she's trying to stay relevant again in the photography world or sumn... queen of promotion!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Omg guys... don't get me started on this I want her to rename herself to Tulsa Jesus Freak.

that'd be dope

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

The mixing and mastering must have been done for the rest of the album by then though, not sure what the situation is with this one. I read a few pages back that it's currently being mastered but idk if it was reliable.

Yes, a reliable atrl insider said it one or two weeks ago. The mixing might be done by now though.

Yes, a reliable atrl insider said it one or two weeks ago. The mixing might be done by now though.

I'm sure I remember Lana once saying the mastering can take months and that its a pain in the ass. I'm still not convinced of the September 4-5th dates yet for that reason but hopefully its still happening.

I'm sure I remember Lana once saying the mastering can take months and that its a pain in the ass. I'm still not convinced of the September 4-5th dates yet for that reason but hopefully its still happening.

http://www.audiobaymastering.com/mastering-turnaround-time/#:~:text=Mastering%20a%20full%20length%20album,if%20necessary%20but%20not%20recommended. This source says it takes about a week?

https://www.cdmusicmastering.com/how-long-does-it-take-to-master-a-song.html Here it says an experienced person can even do one song in 10 minutes. I do believe the date, I don't think she would've teased us if she's unsure about the release date. If she did, she's a meanie :crazy:

is there a chance she can still release it digitally on time and physical copies will just come out later?? it really does seem like they are shooting the album cover.

edit: nvm i guess they can do that.

is there a chance she can still release it digitally on time and physical copies will just come out later?? it really does seem like they are shooting the album cover.

edit: nvm i guess they can do that.

Yes, a LOT of artists, do it that way, and I think she did it for LFL?

http://www.audiobaymastering.com/mastering-turnaround-time/#:~:text=Mastering%20a%20full%20length%20album,if%20necessary%20but%20not%20recommended. This source says it takes about a week? I do believe the date, I don't think she would've teased us if she's unsure about the release date. If she did, she's a meanie :crazy:

I kind of believe it, I'm just not 100% sure because idk how long it takes to prepare an album release and it seems the artwork hasn't been shot yet. I don't really know! but I found what I was remembering, it was from the Dazed interview with Courtney Love

CL: I read that you spend a lot of time mastering and mixing. Is that true on this new record?

LDR: Oh my God, yeah, it’s killing me. It’s because I spend so much time with the engineers working on the reverb. Because I actually don’t love a glossy production. If I want a bit of that retro feel, like that spring reverb or that Elvis slap, sometimes if you send it to an outside mixer they might try and dry things up a bit and push them really hard on top of the mix so it sounds really pop. And Born to Die did have a slickness to it, but, in general, I have an aversion to things that sound glossy all over – you have to pick and choose. And some people say, ‘It’s not radio-ready if it isn’t super-shiny from top to bottom.’ But you know this. Whoever mixed your stuff is a genius. Who did it?

CL: Chris Lord-Alge and Tom Lord-Alge. Kurt was really big on mastering. He sat in every mastering session like a fiend. I never was big on mastering because it’s such a pain in the butt.

LDR: It is a pain in the ass.