Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I kind of believe it, I'm just not 100% sure because idk how long it takes to prepare an album release and it seems the artwork hasn't been shot yet. I don't really know! but I found what I was remembering, it was from the Dazed interview with Courtney Love

CL: I read that you spend a lot of time mastering and mixing. Is that true on this new record?

LDR: Oh my God, yeah, it’s killing me. It’s because I spend so much time with the engineers working on the reverb. Because I actually don’t love a glossy production. If I want a bit of that retro feel, like that spring reverb or that Elvis slap, sometimes if you send it to an outside mixer they might try and dry things up a bit and push them really hard on top of the mix so it sounds really pop. And Born to Die did have a slickness to it, but, in general, I have an aversion to things that sound glossy all over – you have to pick and choose. And some people say, ‘It’s not radio-ready if it isn’t super-shiny from top to bottom.’ But you know this. Whoever mixed your stuff is a genius. Who did it?

CL: Chris Lord-Alge and Tom Lord-Alge. Kurt was really big on mastering. He sat in every mastering session like a fiend. I never was big on mastering because it’s such a pain in the butt.

LDR: It is a pain in the ass.

But I think that's because she's also talking about mixing, which is different & more difficult than mastering as far as I know. I honestly don't think she's that involved in mastering.

But I think that's because she's also talking about mixing, which is different & more difficult than mastering as far as I know. I honestly don't think she's that involved in mastering.

She probably isn't, it was just the way I remembered her and Courtney making the whole process of mixing and mastering sound tedious. I remember Lana saying if the mix isn't right it can take months too. I don't know. Let's stay optimistic anyway lol. She probably wouldn't have shared that clip of TJF if it wasn't coming very soon. I don't think she'll do what she did with NFR again where she gives us snippets of everything.

My theory is that TJF is going to be released next week. Maybe tuesday or wednesday.

COCC maybe will go out on 5th september but also i think it can be released between 11-15 of same month. The physical copies wont be ready till last days of october or november... I think that cause VBBOTG copies arent ready till 2 october and the book till 12 in Spain.

Hd7c-1.gif

I just want the cover and tracklist so bad. I had a dream last night that the cover was grainy and really ugly but I didn’t care cuz I was so stoked she released it.

Wait but how do we know it's for the cover and not just a random magazine shoot? :raven:

well, her hairstylist liked a comment asking if they were shooting the ALBUM cover so i guess so...

tbh it would make sense for her to release COCC on Oct 2th just like Violet physical copies

giphy.gif

The guy who did her makeup for yesterday’s pics, @/etienneortega, liked my comment when I asked if they were doing a photoshoot or video. So are we thinking Chuck shot a video or single cover/promo pics that day and Nicole will shoot the album cover today?

The guy who did her makeup for yesterday’s pics, @/etienneortega, liked my comment when I asked if they were doing a photoshoot or video. So are we thinking Chuck shot a video or single cover/promo pics that day and Nicole will shoot the album cover today?

apparently charlie was also at the 'shoot' so maybe it was him

giphy.gif