Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

I was going to say White Dress is her best opening track but I am listening to Cruel World right now and... but she's got the second place for sure!

Love that many reviewers are noticing the narratives that are present in the lyrics and throughout the references and repetition :party: COCC has a lot of story to it, maybe her most directly sequenced album for me narratively.

(Examples being White Dress, Yosemite, For Free, Breaking Up Slowly, Dance till we Die, etc and the way she looks to celebrities in the past for authenticity and self questions her own + her fame, and even uses her repeated phrases like 'for free' 'no candle in the wind'... also COCC, LMLYLAW, NAWWAL, WAH, etc. about redefining her use/worth and values as an artist and person and lover)

I think COCC is getting a bad rap rn for how its less lyrically precise or flowery than NFR which made kind of sweeping statements, but there really is a "life lived" here, as Lana said, and although I can understand her hesitation in calling the album done, there really IS a life lived.

Also, hate or call NFR overrated all you want, It did some serious heavy lifting IMO in getting many places to see her as a serious artist now, and the goodwill doesn't seem to have been lost in the last year. COCC is an album that requires repeat listens and attentive ears to piece together how its not 'just another Lana Del Rey album' (looking at you Alexis Petridis from The Guardian) and i could easily have foreseen everywhere tearing this album apart for 'how far away from NFR it is'

18 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

I was going to say White Dress is her best opening track but I am listening to Cruel World right now and... but she's got the second place for sure!

I think cruel world is just too good to ever be topped for album opener. It sets the mood perfectly + hypes you up for the journey you're about to go on with UV. 

4 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Did any of the songs even get good play listing on Spotify. I wouldn’t be surprised if the numbers are slightly less good than norman  

The numbers haven't updated for me--all the songs but the single still say "<1000"

30 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Every album since Paradise has had fans saying it's her farewell.

when she ended honeymoon with swan song and bitches went feral

735-EB7-D6-7115-4325-961-E-0487-BAB7049-

7 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

The numbers haven't updated for me--all the songs but the single still say "<1000"

I'm assuming this is some sort of mistake, as even the Youtube streams are ~ 200 K, and many more people listen via spotify than Youtube (I'd imagine).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Just now, longtimeman said:

I'm assuming this is some sort of mistake, as even the Youtube streams are > 200 K, and many more people listen via spotify than Youtube (I'd imagine).

Spotify only updates once a day! So sometimes it’s earlier in the morning sometimes later in the day. But at some point on Saturday it’ll update and those will reflect streams up until Friday at midnight, and so on and so forth for each day!

5 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

Lowkey miss Lana's horny era (rip. late 2012-2015) 

love song has several lines dedicated to her getting fucked in a car 

Just now, salvatore said:

love song has several lines dedicated to her getting fucked in a car 

yeah but doesn't sound as needy and desperate as PWYC, Freak, Religion or West Coast... love it tho.