Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

11 minutes ago, Distantly said:

Spotify only updates once a day! So sometimes it’s earlier in the morning sometimes later in the day. But at some point on Saturday it’ll update and those will reflect streams up until Friday at midnight, and so on and so forth for each day!

Thanks for clarifying. Disclaimer - I'm old :omfg2:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

1 hour ago, littleredpartydress said:

Did any of the songs even get good play listing on Spotify. I wouldn’t be surprised if the numbers are slightly less good than norman  

Yes, she is always put on New Music Friday and All New Indie - WD is on both of those.

LMLYLAW is on Indie Pop and Chemtrails is on Ultimate Indie.

18 hours ago, sparklingclementines said:

Spotify is really trying to push Justin's album, I don't follow him or listen to any of his music and never have on the app, so for them to tell me to listen to his album over Lana's which should have been on the top for me because she's my number 1 listened to artist, is shady to say the least. I didn't even get an email to say she released new music, no notification, nothing.

Same I got the Justin popup and under it in small print it says *paid promotion* lmao 

Did I miss something in the last 8 hours? Apart from Jack‘s Post, Madonna posting something with HIADT as background music and meta critic still at 85 :xgiggle:

Spoiler

Madonna right now dancing to HIADT: :hair:

I guess legends are always late to the party

28 minutes ago, Max said:

So uh, no tea no shade, but Jack basically confirmed that 'Chemtrails' is mainly 'NFR' scraps, right? :creep:

NFR and Chemtrails sound so different, for me, despite some small details. What Chemtrails song did a insider say was originally made for NFR? ?

27 minutes ago, Max said:

So uh, no tea no shade, but Jack basically confirmed that 'Chemtrails' is mainly 'NFR' scraps, right? :creep:

That's not what I took from his post.

it’s looseness + starkness came from these moments after we made nfr and were just having a wild time in the studio trying new things.

Scraps would be music leftover from NFR sessions, but these were new ideas. I'm sure she used some lyrics she'd written previously, etc, but she's done that throughout her career. No album or era is completely devoid of influence from another.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

38 minutes ago, Max said:

No IMO, he said some of the songs came together just messing around in the studio after NFR was already done, and that closing one chapter gives freedom to go in a totally new direction