Lykko Li

Lil Nas X

I will elaborate. Not only did he steal from Twigs, he bit Yves Tumor and Arca too. He’s stealing from smaller creators and people are worshipping it because it’s mainstream and being promoted in front of their eyes.

The fact of him having a bigger Budget should breed innovation not lazily done song and effort at pole dancing. And if he was going to be inspired he should’ve done it better. He slid down that pole in CK Briefs and cheap stripper shoes from a sex shop, Twigs wore custom Ed Marler and literally learned pole dancing for the video. Lil Nas X couldn’t do what she did especially not with her budget. The song was shit it’s so boring and repetitive. Not good food at all. Not even close. He’s giving the McDonald’s version of smaller Queer and Female creators and it’s not giving what everyone on here is acting like it gave.

Anyone on here should agree with me because people who appreciate Lana and Charli, Marina, Sophie, Twigs, Kelela  and all of these amazing female artists have an appreciation for Good food, Inovation, Originality and style. Lil Nas Is nothing of the sort. 

18 minutes ago, princessdollie said:

I will elaborate. Not only did he steal from Twigs, he bit Yves Tumor and Arca too. He’s stealing from smaller creators and people are worshipping it because it’s mainstream and being promoted in front of their eyes.

The fact of him having a bigger Budget should breed innovation not lazily done song and effort at pole dancing. And if he was going to be inspired he should’ve done it better. He slid down that pole in CK Briefs and cheap stripper shoes from a sex shop, Twigs wore custom Ed Marler and literally learned pole dancing for the video. Lil Nas X couldn’t do what she did especially not with her budget. The song was shit it’s so boring and repetitive. Not good food at all. Not even close. He’s giving the McDonald’s version of smaller Queer and Female creators and it’s not giving what everyone on here is acting like it gave.

Anyone on here should agree with me because people who appreciate Lana and Charli, Marina, Sophie, Twigs, Kelela  and all of these amazing female artists have an appreciation for Good food, Inovation, Originality and style. Lil Nas Is nothing of the sort. 

how did he bite from arca and yves i must know...

59 minutes ago, princessdollie said:

Montero still slaps though.

10 hours ago, princessdollie said:

He learned pole dancing for the vid too, Twigs didn't invent pole dancing

25 minutes ago, Doja Cat said:

He learned pole dancing for the vid too, Twigs didn't invent pole dancing

It was literally confirmed by one from the cellophane mv creators that they literally stole the whole concept in that scene 

On 3/28/2021 at 6:59 PM, princessdollie said:

The twigs/Huang "10 seconds of inspiration" situatuion was already cleared, so couldn't be mad anymore and as other users said he learned to dance for like 3 months, sure it might not be the dediaction that twigs put on cellophane but who the fuck cares, I mean we both stan a woman that swayed her way on the pole for two seconds in Tropico and called it "pole dancing", and that's okay too! Nas still slayed and looked great while doing so.

This whole situation reminds me of that time not too long ago when sex workers were really mad to twigs for 2 seconds because she "ripped off" their culture without showing any kind of support or gratitude back, artist learn and evolve, they resolved their issues in the most mature way possible.

And no, Montero is a great and catchy song with a whole ass serve of a video, so we will stan one of the few openly gay black men on the mainstream music scene and you will deal. 

8nl2OpX.png

5 minutes ago, daisy fresh bitch said:

song is great, love it. and sex workers do have a right to be upset with twigs btw :)

Love the song too but why are sex workers upset with Twigs?

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

19 minutes ago, Roses of Saigon said:

Love the song too but why are sex workers upset with Twigs?

For what I gathered they were upset because she was stealing/appropiating the sex worker/stripper aesthetic while not giving credit or support to any organization that fight for sex workers on the daily even though she has a big platform.

People were comparing her approach to the situation to others like Khelani, who made a big shotout to some of the girls she worked with on music videos (notice that she in fact worked with sex workers, like on set, as far as I know twigs was a whole different story) and I think she actually made a space on her social media for sex workers to express their art and discuss life struggles, HUGE stuff that someone like twigs never did.

After quite a while twigs shared her experience as a fomer stripper, apologized, learned and evolved.

Imho I'm kind of mixed on the whole thing, do you want to come for her for not fighting or being socially aware enough? Sure! do you want to come for her for using something as universal as pole dancing and sexual attire? that's a little bit of a stretch for me. I would LOVE if artists were so in touch like Khelani or Charli XCX though, those girls REALLY do the most of their platforms. 

8nl2OpX.png

The way Lil Nas is trying to promote this song with getting people to believe it’s being removed it’s some pretty shady marketing. He’s nothing but a troll. I don’t understand how he’s become so successful from just a few songs. Goes to show this generation doesn’t care who they are supporting just because he is gay and controversial doesn’t mean he’s a good role model. 

he seems like such an attention seeker, posting thirst traps of his skinny chest all the time. I don’t know who finds that attractive, he just comes off as another man slut to me. 

30 minutes ago, Lonely Planet said:

The way Lil Nas is trying to promote this song with getting people to believe it’s being removed it’s some pretty shady marketing. He’s nothing but a troll. I don’t understand how he’s become so successful from just a few songs. Goes to show this generation doesn’t care who they are supporting just because he is gay and controversial doesn’t mean he’s a good role model. 

he seems like such an attention seeker, posting thirst traps of his skinny chest all the time. I don’t know who finds that attractive, he just comes off as another man slut to me. 

he is definitely a troll and i found the promo a little bit cringy too but the rest!?? a celebrity model??? in 2021??? who cares????

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

On 4/16/2021 at 3:32 AM, Lonely Planet said:

The way you’re realizing he’s a troll when he’s been one since he released OTR on SoundCloud with 10 plays  :eartha:

Who said he’s supposed to be a role model? It’s no ones fault but the individual if they put people on a pedestal 

and it’s ok to say that you crave his skinny, strong, chocolately abs :trisha: